Game feels “sterile” all of a sudden.

United Kingdom
Due West of Europe
Has anyone else felt that individuality is becoming scarce in the game?

These are just my observations as someone who fluctuates between C & D. I do the FIA races and the Daily races, mainly Race C. I also may very well be preaching to the converted.

In the latest round of the Nations cup, I noticed on the grid-walk that only one other driver and myself had made the effort to apply a livery to the stock cars. 2 people out of 19 starters. The livery editor is a great feature and should be used with relish.

Of those 19 starters, 12 had clearly been looking at the top ten times board and opted to drive the meta. Personal experience has shown me that just because an “alien” can drive a certain car very fast the same car is often beyond my skill set and I can drive other cars faster/better, albeit slower than said superstars.

Then there is the racing. No this isn’t another penalty rant. Am I alone in thinking that Manufacturers and Dailies have become a never ending litany of seeing how long you dare mash the “loud pedal/button”? Yes, fast car racing should result in fast races but where is the guile, the tactics, the strategy factor?

The game allows every car to be modified extensively but not in the FIA nor the Dailies. Now I’m not suggesting full blown tuning, but at least make a couple of things adjustable. Give us a broader tyre choice. Make pit stops more of a factor and make them variable. Why are we allowed to enter the pits at max velocity? Why does everyone’s pit stop take the same time?

On that note, why are people who ignore the tyre regulations/requirements classified in the results. Forget the time penalty…..disqualify them and place them last in the field.

Vehicle damage should become more of a factor. Yes, this could be abused but let’s face it, ramming is now commonplace and malicious driving in general appears to be infecting the game more than ever.

Stop telling me the likely best car to use and how fast it goes. Let me find out for myself and remove this shortcut. If folk want to share their findings in forums like ours, fine. Maybe GTP members will increase 👍

I’m stopping now. I could go on further, but it’s late and your probably bored.

Apologies for going on at length, just thought I would express an opinion.

I'm not seeing all of what you're seeing but I just watched an INXILE-GTR stream of a Race C and was surprised to see how much variety there was in the Gr.3 field. It could be a regional thing, as he is in Oceania and where I'm at, in the Americas, the meta cars dominate.

Some of the newer players in the lower lobbies may not even know how to make or download liveries. You see this in every game. As players get more invested in a game, they'll want to stand out more.

As for pit stops, I like it how it is. Maybe they could add a QTE or other minigame to determine the speed of a pitstop but that isn't exactly racing and GT Sport is all about the racing. Not even setups come into play.

Either PD does a better job of balancing or people will steer towards the meta. Again, that's like in every other game. Warzone tends to have a meta gun, Siege tends to have meta team makeups and strategies, and so on. But a wrench can always be thrown in the opponents' plans by outsmarting them.

That's unfortunately abit of an unsolvable problem when it comes to competitive games: There's always the Meta that is so dominant that the only way to compete is to join in on the Meta. Even if someone else manages to shatter the meta and do so with something else consistantly, that just means either they are the only one good enough to do it or people will then jump on that meta. It's an endless cycle that's just indicative of a competitive environment where you do whatever it takes to win.

Last edited:
Depends with some races. The NAtions at Nurburgring was a good case for using what you can drive comfortably. I saw various cars used throughout the field. EVen though there were basically two METAs, those that could deal with the GT40's handling and thiose that could deal with the S-FR Concept's lack of straightline speed.
Race C at St Croix, did clearly show the GT-R as META, but there were still a variety in the field.

As mentioned above, in lower ranks, there appears to be more variety. Newness to the game, many lower ranked players actually use the car they like over the META(if some even pay attention to what the META of the week is), some race each car by trial and not so much error. All cars need to be more balanced across the field. Even then, with so few people playing, at times, we're still going to see a majority of one particular car.

One major problem by PD, with regards to liveries, are not having made multiple choices for every race car. If there were as many alternate liveries as what are on offer for the VW Scirocco, it'd be a little better. TT Cup and Megane Trophy One make grids wouldn't feel so stale.

I think it's been like this a while.

The liveries have been a thing for quite some time - I've often jumped into a daily and looked at the top 5 or so and when they're a one-make it's often just the default livery on show. I've always got something different on my cars, as I love to use the livery editor, but most people don't really care that much or just don't know about it or don't have the confidence to use it.

Some interesting ideas about the racing. I can't say I agree about the pit stops - how would you randomly hand out different pit stop times? Makes sense to have one pit time for every racer so they are on a level playing field and the racing is then the important bit. I can imagine the amount of people kicking off and complaining because they lost places due to the pit stop time and it being unfair.

Full damage (including cosmetic damage) and allowing suspension/LSD tuning would be nice to add some realism and permit people to use a non-META car more to their liking and improve it's capability.

I see some of your points sometimes, but definitely not all the time currently. In NA at least, there's usually a good mix of cars until Sunday if the Dailies are Gr. 3/4, but usually very Meta heavy if it's Gr. 1/2.

I'd blame the lack of liveries on the poorly executed database for finding them in 'Discover' really, it's a nightmare to find anything you want if you don't have time/confidence in making your own designs. Hopefully that will get redesigned for next game. I also like some of the stock liveries too (the Polarized purple Gr. 4 GT-R is an example), so I don't bother changing some!

"all of a sudden'???
Fair comment. I guess it’s relative depending upon how long You have played.
Some of the newer players in the lower lobbies may not even know how to make or download liveries. You see this in every game. As players get more invested in a game, they'll want to stand out more.
I appreciate that newer players take time to become accustomed to the features of a game. Perhaps PD could help by making video guides available?

As for pit stops, I like it how it is. Maybe they could add a QTE or other minigame to determine the speed of a pitstop but that isn't exactly racing and GT Sport is all about the racing. Not even setups come into play.
To be honest I would take any option to replace the tedium of everyone just doing the same stop. Perhaps even use RNG within certain parameters? Up to 3 seconds variance for class D drivers with the variance reducing as your level improves?

I understand all the remarks around the META option. All I am suggesting is that it becomes less obvious than it currently appears.

Depends with some races. The NAtions at Nurburgring was a good case for using what you can drive comfortably. I saw various cars used throughout the field. EVen though there were basically two METAs, those that could deal with the GT40's handling and thiose that could deal with the S-FR Concept's lack of straightline speed.
Race C at St Croix, did clearly show the GT-R as META, but there were still a variety in the field.
Yes , variety does occur, especially in the Nations. I wish the daily races were more like the nations. Use more cars & different track layouts. To much emphasis on Gr3 & 4.

I'd blame the lack of liveries on the poorly executed database for finding them in 'Discover' really, it's a nightmare to find anything you want if you don't have time/confidence in making your own designs
I agree 100%. How difficult can it be to make a user friendly database that’s easily sortable?

Thanks for everyone’s comments. They make interesting reading.

I'd like to see all 3 tyres available sometimes, with the harder ones wearing less than they do right now. I find softs wear at almost the same rate as hards which makes no sense. Introducing damage would set the cat amongst the pigeons and stop a lot of the contact I suspect, it's also hurt guys who drive at 10/10ths to keep up........like me.

I'd like to see all 3 tyres available sometimes, with the harder ones wearing less than they do right now. I find softs wear at almost the same rate as hards which makes no sense. Introducing damage would set the cat amongst the pigeons and stop a lot of the contact I suspect, it's also hurt guys who drive at 10/10ths to keep up........like me.
It would be nice to have that back I agree, the massive grip gap between the Hards and Mediums would need to be lessened first though

Personally, I'd like to see the super softs used every once in a while. Also, it'd be more interesting if the tire compounds worked differently on different cars. That's something I don't I realized much until I started following F1 more closely a few years ago. It's interesting to see teams decide that a harder tire compound is actually giving them better pace on a particular day on a particular track.

The game allows every car to be modified extensively but not in the FIA nor the Dailies. Now I’m not suggesting full blown tuning, but at least make a couple of things adjustable. Give us a broader tyre choice. Make pit stops more of a factor and make them variable. Why are we allowed to enter the pits at max velocity? Why does everyone’s pit stop take the same time?
Maybe in GT7 they can add a tuning race, but I don't want that. Still good for those who do, same as maybe having a rally event which again isn't for me. As to the pits it's fine, some are full speed and others are tricky and why should I lose a place because of a random element? But yes more strategy would be a good thing and hopefully it will come.

Because this is “The Real Driving Simulator”. Real motor racing has human factors which create a degree randomness and unpredictability which may affect pit stop time?
Yes because it's a team event, the driver is important but others play a vital role. Here it's just me Vs the world so only my mistakes should count. Start adding random to make it real and where do you stop? Engine malfunction? Tyre failure? Brake fade? See there are numerous random factors that could be added and I just say why?

Back