Game freezing repeatedly on menu screens (EDIT: read first post)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dessy182
  • 49 comments
  • 8,990 views
this is way to frustrating. it takes longer to load menu screens then it does when you actually race.
 
This has nothing to do with the Ps3 model. It's an issue with connections to the PD server. I have spoken to a Sony rep and he said all the servers are currently overloaded. The same thing used to happen in gtp when it had problems connecting to a server.
 
This has nothing to do with the Ps3 model. It's an issue with connections to the PD server. I have spoken to a Sony rep and he said all the servers are currently overloaded. The same thing used to happen in gtp when it had problems connecting to a server.

Right on target! 👍
 
Im having major problems too :(

had a freeze up when i finished one of the licenses, had to manually restart the console. nothing lost just had to redo the license id just completed.

second freeze up has proper messed up my ps3 :( i got "80010514" error code, which basically means that the firmware for the blu-ray drive is corrupted, had to hold the power button for a bit and restore system files. then i got back into the game and got the error code "8002291A" and a message saying "trophies could not be loaded, game will exit". then i couldnt even get into the game. powered down again, now if i insert the game into the slot nothing happens and a disc image doesnt load up :(

Help!!!

(I'm running a 60gb launch fatty)

UPDATE: Ive tried other games and they load up fine, its just something to do with GT5. I've turned network settings off, and this has improved the situation. All its doing now is freezing at the pulsing silver "GT" symbol. So glad its not my ps3 thats the cause!
 
Last edited:
unplugging the ethernet cable has done the job for me. And since all i want to do at the moment is play single player and build up my XP I'm okay with not playing online for a while.
 
Servers overloaded, that's a really poor excuse. PD should have known what launch day was gonna be like and put enough server capacity in place to deal with it, shame on them. I too have been getting freezes a lot, mostly on the main menu screen so for now I try and avoid that. I can't really unplug my ethernet cable as the PS3 is kinda tucked away nicely and is very arkward to remove anything.

Edit - I guess this is a case for going back to releasing games on different dates for different regions if they can't cope with demand.
 
Last edited:
Servers overloaded, that's a really poor excuse. PD should have known what launch day was gonna be like and put enough server capacity in place to deal with it, shame on them. I too have been getting freezes a lot, mostly on the main menu screen so for now I try and avoid that. I can't really unplug my ethernet cable as the PS3 is kinda tucked away nicely and is very arkward to remove anything.

Edit - I guess this is a case for going back to releasing games on different dates for different regions if they can't cope with demand.

You can disable your internet connection in the XMB menu of the PS3 under "Network settings". This way you don't have to unplug anything.
 
really? I'm using a pal launch 60gb and gt5 is actually running it cooler than most other games or even blu-ray movies do. I'm quite surprised by it, usually it's pumping out very hot air underneath the disc drive but it's only been mildly warm the whole time i've had gt5 running.

+1
 
I experienced the freeze on the menu screeenm when it came back it had an error message saying cannot connect to server and then I was able to navigate the menu again. Maybe the issue is related to the amount of times it will try to reconnect with the server and this number couldbe too high that it makes it looke like the game is freezzing when it really is stuck in this connect to server operation until it finnaly tmes out and stops trying.
 
Oh man thanks for this thread. I thought my ps3 is broken :D
But ok now I'm fine, I already thought it would have to do with the pd servers, because when I got the game they were not online at all and I had to wait everytime I changed the menue...
 
I have the same issue. When i "open the lobby" the game freezes.
 
I think everyone has the same issue, but when I logged off PSN, it stopped freezing.
 
Hey guys, this is network related, definitely. Game crashed two times in a row, straight from startup. Signed off of PSN, now menus load faster and there hasn't been one crash.
 
I'm just curious when this is gonna stop.

The amount of people trying to access the game online is only gonna increase over the coming weeks and as it stands the servers can't handle the load. I hope they at least acknowledge what is going on and tell us they are trying to fix it.
 
Stupid question perhaps.....but I have yet to receive my copy and install it. Apparently I will have to be connected to the internet to download the first patch and perhaps for other install procedures.

So does this issue affect my install process? I have no problem playing offline for now, so i could just download the patch and then disable internet connection and install the whole thing while being offline?

Thanks:tup:
 
Surprisingly enough my game has not froze yet and has been on for 13 hours straight. When I bought COD black ops it froze on me like 25 times in 3 hours, so I was hoping this was not going to be a problem in GT5.
 
I have the 250g slim. and was also having freezing issues on the main screen last night.had to keep resetting via the ps3 button.
Will be trying again later
Hope their is a patch or the servers get sorted out
Very good game though
Adam
 
I'm just curious when this is gonna stop.

The amount of people trying to access the game online is only gonna increase over the coming weeks and as it stands the servers can't handle the load. I hope they at least acknowledge what is going on and tell us they are trying to fix it.

This is a commom "offer x demand" problem. IMHO, I don't see clear skies in the near future as other countries (markets) are beginning to launch GT5 in their regions also. Wether PD IT Dept has an ace card hidden in its sleeves or we're gonna experience this connection issue for the next weeks.

BR_Octane
 
Well this explains a lot. I was clueless as to the reason the cursor wouldn't pop up immediately, and kept thinking that something was wrong with the d-pad on my G27.

Why did they tie the GT Life menu system so completely to the online functionality?

After activating a controller, I realised that my G27 was fine (what a relief), and began questioning the functionality of GT5 and my 60gb Fatty (late 2008 model). At one point, one of my two usb ports simply refused to work until I restarted the PS3 (never had this happen before). Finally, after completing license test B-7, the B-7 license menu appeared, but without any of the selection icons appearing and it stayed that way for a good 10 minutes, until I quit and restarted GT5. And of course I had to redo the B-7 license... at least it wasn't a difficult one. :).

Sometime after 11 PM PST, everything was nice and smooth; I hope they've working out the server issues, as it's an appalling situation for all, and an unnecessary torment for those of us who aren't currently pursuing an online racing career.
 
I'm not sure if I'm having the same problem or not. After I installed the update everything was really really slow, it took 3x as long just to go into my garage. I ended up just deleting all the game data and not updating. Is this the game problem you all are having?
 
Back