Game jumping mid race?

• Thread starter Jays182
  • 140 comments
I really hoping this is fixed in the next update - the game is not playable in the current state and I will give up and find something else if not fixed in next update.
Anyone know when next update is due??

I've had this happening to me since launch on a PS4pro with a SSD.
Depending on the update version you'll get the "freeze and release" stuff sometimes up to 30", sometimes the freezed frame would just remain that way until an error message popped and you're out of the lobby.
Very annoying indeed

I've had this happening to me since launch on a PS4pro with a SSD.
Depending on the update version you'll get the "freeze and release" stuff sometimes up to 30", sometimes the freezed frame would just remain that way until an error message popped and you're out of the lobby.
Very annoying indeed
In reference, the SSD may be part of problem? I'm on a PS4 slim with standard HDD not SSD and I may get the freeze but have not experienced it in almost 3 weeks now...

I've been having this since maybe November.
Suddenly freeze for about a second or 2. And it's really annoying. Can completely ruin my race. Sometimes it will do it mid corner so I can end up off track/wall. Thought was the PS4 over heating and struggling. But with a big fan cooling it down it it still does it. Hopi g next update there will be a fix.

Did someone received information about the issue form PD??

I tried to comment on their instagram post to let them know the problem. If you want to like the comment so maybe they can see it (@martinoseravalli). no intention to promote my instagram account at all.

Last edited:
Didn't know there was an issue form. Wether they'd read it is another thing. Mine is random. But definitely is a big of some sort.

Didn't know there was an issue form. Wether they'd read it is another thing. Mine is random. But definitely is a big of some sort.
There's no issue form or forum at all. I tried to contact them on ig because is the only way that I found

I did a manu race today. Didn’t have any freezing issues during the 16 laps.
so suddenly the problem fixed itself or you've never had the problem?

It still exists, but I will say it seems a little better? Did 4 consecutive Daily Race C last night and had one freeze in both race 1 and 2. In race 3, a driver ahead seemed to have the issue as I caught him and his shower of sparks quite unexpectedly. Race 4 I had no issues, other than my really bad driving.

so suddenly the problem fixed itself or you've never had the problem?
I’ve had the problem before, as noted on this thread.

I considered myself fortunate that it didn’t happen during those 16 laps.

I’ve not raced online since then.

Is this why I am seeing PS4 players zigzagging/lagging across the screen in races?

From what I've been told, all ps5 users don't notice ps4 players lagging/jittering as a feature of the game (they may get lag due to a very bad internet connection). This freezing bug is something else though and yes, even ps5 users see the ps4 users freeze.

Did Bathurst over the weekend and in 1 race it froze possible 10 times or more. Cost me a few penalties where it froze as I'm going round a corner, resulting in barrier collision. It can be frustrating as other races it was doing it you would work hard to gain places then the freeze you'd loose those places again. 🤞 Fingers crossed new update might bring a fix but doubt it.

Did Bathurst over the weekend and in 1 race it froze possible 10 times or more. Cost me a few penalties where it froze as I'm going round a corner, resulting in barrier collision. It can be frustrating as other races it was doing it you would work hard to gain places then the freeze you'd loose those places again. 🤞 Fingers crossed new update might bring a fix but doubt it.
Any video of this?

Managed to watch my replay back, only noticed the freezes with players around me. Need to re watch it from someone else's view point. One thing I did notice, at 1 point in the race I was 20+ secs ahead yet the repky doesn't seem to look like I was. Also no time splits between drivers, which I thought there would be.

I noticed that when checking PSN network test on PS4 there is that upload speed. Before I had good speed but now its something really slow - like 3-4 Mbps! Doing SpeedTest with browser on PC I get normal upload speed. So it might be Sony servers and network trafic that cause these freezes.

I noticed that when checking PSN network test on PS4 there is that upload speed. Before I had good speed but now its something really slow - like 3-4 Mbps! Doing SpeedTest with browser on PC I get normal upload speed. So it might be Sony servers and network trafic that cause these freezes.
My PSN tests are really good as I've got fibre. Old internet wasn't worth the £. Usually it's around 40mbps. But the freeze bug does it 'offline' also. Plus non of my other games have the same issue, why I was thinking might have been PS4 pro issue.

I have also fibre line and PS4 Pro. Normally upload speed is up to 50 Mbps but it's just drop to really slow some point - slowest been 2.6 mbps. Ping is also good (under 100ms) on PC - as I tested speed between Finland/Helsinki -> England/London.
My PSN tests are really good as I've got fibre. Old internet wasn't worth the £. Usually it's around 40mbps. But the freeze bug does it 'offline' also. Plus non of my other games have the same issue, why I was thinking might have been PS4 pro issue.

Last edited:
Why i put it in ' ' because it's not quite offline. But think your logged online to PD for data.
Seen it in another post that PS5 doesn't have same issue. Not sure if is accurate. If it is PS4 only, then whats effecting it is probably the amount of data in the game that has the PS4/pro struggling to cope with. PS5 has better hardware and isn't having to work hard to deal with the data. NB: My fan is going alot during some gameplay.

Last edited:
Oh it's definitely getting worse. 5 freezes in 5 laps. Destroys your race in close league racing for sure.

I've given up and ordered a ps5. I have over £1,000's worth of sim racing setup that's doing nothing. What's £400 more? :(

The good news is I bought online so I have 14 days under ccr to return it if it doesn't work, unlike computer games which have special exemption from this legislation, and imo, is the sole reason why continual and catastrophic bugs exist in games.

Last edited:
I'm hanging on for a PS5 ATM.
I would like one, but with the new slim coming out Q3 of this year. And rumours of a PS5 pro within a year of the Slim being released I'm waiting on news.
I want to upgrade the rest of my setup 1st.

Oh it's definitely getting worse. 5 freezes in 5 laps. Destroys your race in close league racing for sure.

I've given up and ordered a ps5. I have over £1,000's worth of sim racing setup that's doing nothing. What's £400 more? :(

The good news is I bought online so I have 14 days under ccr to return it if it doesn't work, unlike computer games which have special exemption from this legislation, and imo, is the sole reason why continual and catastrophic bugs exist in games.

Well that is definitely different from the freezing I get. I just race "offline" but when I get the freeze, everything freezes, except the audio, last a few seconds then restarts. Makes it difficult to drive, but I don't lose any positions.
And just to repeat.....this problem only started after update 1.26. Never had this issue before, and I have been playing GT since GT2 came out.

I wonder without regarding the lastest update(s) and the PSVR2 being 'tested' pre release, it might be extra data added in the update for that. The PS4/pro just can't process it quick enough. And the PSVR2 is aimed at the PS5.

Cheers 👍
'
Steering Controller
 - There have been a small number of cases where the game will pause for roughly 1.5 seconds when using a Fanatec® steering controller on PlayStation®4 systems.'

Definitely what my issue is using the GT DD Pro.
But with Fanatec having a wheel collaboration with PD/GT7 it's a bit of a Fail. Know of a beta driver for fanatec wheels but not updated. I'm assuming it's a PD/GT7 software issue rather than fanatec side.

Last edited:
Back