Game keep crashing randomly

• Thread starter Sal_89
  • 6 comments
Italy
Varallo Pombia, Italy
Salva-the_gamer
I hope that this issue never happen to anyone, but I have a big problem: the game freezes randomly on certain events, preventing to reach 100% completion. I will limit to lost most common cases on my end:
- After a race, freeze on loading the replay
- After restarting a race, freeze as soon as possible the pause menu disappear

During a race and loadings never happen. The frequency is also very varied, from also just one to also ten times. Last note: the game, being freezed, can't access to PS menu to exit, forcing to turn off the PS3 maintaining pressed the start up button (at least for Fat model), where it will make one "beep", then after a while will make three "beeps" then turning off.

On the next start up also the PS3 will not recognize as "bad turn off" (the PS3 asks to analize the HDD for check errors) too, that I think is strange. My PS3 have a CFW, and the GT6 version is 1.22, the latest

This (second message) may be helpful.
https://www.techsupportforum.com/threads/solved-ps3-fat-freezing.640819/

But whether or not other software works fine might provide leads.

While I have a slim model, GT6 isn't exactly working great on that either, with extreme delays getting responses like just viewing a replay in Gallery, for example. As I recall, it used to be really good as long as I was not logged in.

Read everything about the link you sent. Made the possible, for now I tried an event that the second retry crashed, and this time I was able to clear it, but I don't think that is the problem of the console, other games runs without any issues

I hope that this issue never happen to anyone, but I have a big problem: the game freezes randomly on certain events, preventing to reach 100% completion. I will limit to lost most common cases on my end:
- After a race, freeze on loading the replay
- After restarting a race, freeze as soon as possible the pause menu disappear

During a race and loadings never happen. The frequency is also very varied, from also just one to also ten times. Last note: the game, being freezed, can't access to PS menu to exit, forcing to turn off the PS3 maintaining pressed the start up button (at least for Fat model), where it will make one "beep", then after a while will make three "beeps" then turning off.

On the next start up also the PS3 will not recognize as "bad turn off" (the PS3 asks to analize the HDD for check errors) too, that I think is strange. My PS3 have a CFW, and the GT6 version is 1.22, the latest
Perhaps your PS3 laser is having trouble reading your GT6 disc, because GT6 is a dual layered disc.

Excuse me, but have you checked the music files? The music files can get broken and the game will freeze simply because it can't load music. In this case deleting the entire music playlist or using Custom Soundtrack can help.

Excuse me, but have you checked the music files? The music files can get broken and the game will freeze simply because it can't load music. In this case deleting the entire music playlist or using Custom Soundtrack can help.

I play without music, in any menu
I disabled from the options, but I think the game stilp play them, but with no audio
How can I delete the music playlist? Will I lose all tracks forever?

I play without music, in any menu
I disabled from the options, but I think the game stilp play them, but with no audio
How can I delete the music playlist? Will I lose all tracks forever?
The music cannot be disabled in the Options menu (even if you set the music to 0). You need to go to the Gallery menu instead, and you need to delete all the music in the playlist. Play the music to see if they work. If the game is frozen while you play the music, then the music is certainly responsible for the freezes. Occasionally not all music will be broken; in my case, only the race music (and the Intro music for the Red Bull X Challenge) was broken, so I was lucky to keep the Lounge music. Don't worry about your music permanently deleted because it is not; they are kept in the Library even if they are deleted in the Playlist. If the race intro music or menu music of a specific mode (the general menu music can be disabled in the Library folders) is broken (that can happen), the game instantly freezes as the mode loads up. In this case you need to enable Custom Soundtracks by entering Options instead, as menu music outside of the Playlist cannot be disabled.

Back