game restart, new plan

• Thread starter vette_7t9
  • 41 comments
hi

i restarted my GT2 game. this time, instead of getting ALL the licenses first i will progressively get them. I will finish all races that have that limit of license before i get the next one, so i can finish the game, hopefully. With all the licenses, i just go get tons of money and then spend it all on my fav cars and end up just doing time trials or some dumb stuff. anyways, i plan on beating the game.

Well, Vette 7t9...looks like you & I are the only ones left! *cracks open ice cold Newcastle beer* GT4 is here, might as well get used to the silence! Wait, you're old enough to drink, right?

Last edited:
Just get 100% complete with 60 golds in 226 days :)

Takes quite a bit of planning because 1 mistake means you can't do it (unless of course you cheat, but where's the honour in that ?)

Parnelli Bone
Well, Vette 7t9...looks like you & i are the only ones left! *cracks open ice cold Newcastle beer* GT4 is here, might as well get used to the silence! Wait, you're old enough to drink, right?

Not quite the only ones left and I'm certainly old enough for a drink. The GT forum is empty though. So Vette is going to play the game the way it was designed to be played, well good luck though I think you might be bored before you finish.

Parnelli Bone
ice cold Newcastle beer

Just another ignorant kid who doesn't know that ale beers ( contrary to lager ) must be served at "cellar temperature " or around 10-12 degree Celsius .
I know what I'm talking about, I was born in one of the 3 ale paradises ( Belgium ) and got my 1st beer served by my parents at home when I was ... 6.
The other ale paradises being Great Britain and Germany.

Enjoy your beer anyway.

Biased turkey
Just another ignorant kid who doesn't know that ale beers ( contrary to lager ) must be served at "cellar temperature " or around 10-12 degree Celsius .
I know what I'm talking about, I was born in one of the 3 ale paradises ( Belgium ) and got my 1st beer served by my parents at home when I was ... 6.

Enjoy your beer anyway.

Ignorant? Whatever, bro. I don't care what temp my beer is as long as it's not warm! It's not like I sit there with a thermometer when I go out to a bar.

Last edited:
Back on topic, that's the way to go Vette! Getting all licenses and just making money isn't what the game was about for me. I like a slower pace, I like the struggle to get a new game going...winning races by ½ a second...stuff like that.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
Well, Vette 7t9...looks like you & i are the only ones left! *cracks open ice cold Newcastle beer* GT4 is here, might as well get used to the silence! Wait, you're old enough to drink, right?

Count me into, I just started that last Tuesday. Balancing all the GT games is hard.

Biased turkey

Enjoy your beer anyway.

I'm supirsed that you including Great Britain amongst the 3 although with the help of CAMRA a lot of pale ales are now being produced and are very nice. I too have quaffed @ both the other paradises and immensly enjoyed their offerings, so much better than the mass produced lagers and beers that are available.

I was double your age before I found the joy of alcahol, I'm sure that spelled wrong, and it took me another 10 years before I began to enjoy the pale ales.

I don't like beer. My dad let me taste it when I was 7 and it was horrible. Ack. I can have some alcoholic drinks like Vodka but I hardly ever do so. I had no way to get home since I turned up on cb250.

I hated beer till I was in college. Now I like it, but I wouldn't really call myself a beer snob or anything. A lot of the thick handcrafted brews that are supposed to be ‘authentic’ just wind up giving me a headache. I prefer Newcastle, Henry Weinhard, or Sierra Nevada. For cheap beer it's gotta be Rolling Rock for me. Budweiser, Miller, and all those other cheap beers are just nasty!

Last edited:
I still hate beer ...

A rarely drink anyways as alcohol tends to give me diarrhea for some strange reason ...

liam2maps
It seems so. I thought someone else other than me would ride a motorbike of some sort.

Ahhh hence the CB250 quote. I was wondering what that was. Have you played Moto GP?

dammit, my friend stole my PS2 controller, now i cant throttle control and smoothly drive and it sucks. well.....ill just have to get it back, but im too lazy. beer is good!

vette_7t9
dammit, my friend stole my PS2 controller, now i cant throttle control and smoothly drive and it sucks. well.....ill just have to get it back, but im too lazy. beer is good!

Remember kids, don't drink and drive, not even in game world.

TMM
Remember kids, don't drink and drive, not even in game world.

Yeah right! I've had quite a few drunken races after coming home from the bar late at nite, as well as uh...smokable substances from time to time. Yeah, we can consider this thread properly hijacked.:)

Parnelli Bone
Yeah right! I've had quite a few drunken races after coming home from the bar late at nite, as well as uh...smokable substances from time to time. Yeah, we can consider this thread properly hijacked.:)

You too, well I never. It's good for a laugh and better than trying it for real but it gets scary when you know your not going to hit that barrier, oppps...

TMM
Ahhh hence the CB250 quote. I was wondering what that was. Have you played Moto GP?

Nah I haven't. I should though ;)

A CB250 is different to a CBR250 though. I should mention that. And it's uber hard to find a new CBR250. Don't think they make them anymore. I can get my hands on an NSR 150 though. It sports the Repsol Honda HRC theme.

HYBRIDLVR
I heard GT5 will have a Subtance and alcahol abuse program. :D :cheers:

(((((((((ONLYKIDDiNg!)))))))))👍

Yeah, wouldn't that be great if they had like simulated drug testing and stuff?

No seriously, I think in the GT5 they should have sponsorship...like they'd bring back the racing models with sponsor decals and you'd have to try and attract buyers to give you money. That would be cool!

Last edited:
HYBRIDLVR
I'd be happy with what PD promised, The ability to purchase a variety of Exhaust tips, Racing Decals, Online Mode and Racing Mods!

Not forgetting damage, or was that just a GT5 myth?

TMM
Not forgetting damage, or was that just a GT5 myth?

I read in some gaming magazine that damage will definitely be in GT5. Think about it: they have to put damage in the next game to compete with X-Box Forza. You know there's gonna be a Forza 2, right? Sony/Polyphony would be stupid to keep leaving it out.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
I read in some gaming magazine that damage will definately be in GT5. think about it: they have to put damage in the next game to compete with X-Box Forza. You know there's gonna be a Forza 2, right? Sony/Polyphony would be stupid to keep leaving it out.

I agree as long as they do it responcibly and actually map what happens in real life. Although I guess at the speeds we are driving that might not be such a good idea. 1 bad crash and your drivers decleared dead, your garage is wiped and you have to start again under a different name...

TMM
I agree as long as they do it responcibly and actually map what happens in real life. Although I guess at the speeds we are driving that might not be such a good idea. 1 bad crash and your drivers decleared dead, your garage is wiped and you have to start again under a different name...

You know what... Why not? Why not have a super-serious mode where drivers get injured or killed? I'd be totally hooked! After all, that's what 90% of videogames are about..trying to stay alive so you can complete the next phase.

Last edited:
I thought of that before. In GT if you get a slight touch you don't spin off. In reality the slightest of touches can send you spinning or totally effect your car.

liam2maps
I thought of that before. In GT if you get a slight touch you don't spin off. In reality the slightest of touches can send you spinning or totally effect your car.

I have often thought as I hit the barrier under the roadway on SS11 in GT at over 300KM/h that I was glad that I was sat on the sofa in a nice warm safe house.

I have pondered the idea of doing a realistic race where by if you hit the barrier too hard or staright on or end up in the gravel then the race is over and you have to start again. What put's me off the idea is that it has taken me about 2 years or more to nearly finnish GT and I don't fancy having to start again. It's bad enough that I then want to go onto GT2, GT3 and eventually GT4, although by that time GT5 will probably be out as well as the PS3!!!!

Back