Traction Control: Off
ABS: 1

1st: 2.711
2nd: 1.829
3rd: 1.415
4th: 1.135
5th: 0.926
Final: 3.859

Flog it and enjoy! Use fourth gear for the first esse turn, 3rd through to Dunlop, 3rd for Degner 2. Use 2nd for Hairpin, but stay pretty wide to keep the revs up. Flat out for 130R and use 2nd for Casio.

Last edited:
Garage TZT, thanks alot for the 650pp Suzuka F430 tune.

Helped me increase my speed and style whilst on the track.
Keep up your good work

Sorry for double post. I did a 2'14.500 with the TZT clio tune. I changed the tyres to R2/R1 but apart from that nothing. Great tune, a low 14 is possible I think.👍

Ferrari 599 '06 GTP Event 3 / 650PP / Fuji Speedway F​

Power: -20
Weight: 102
Tyres: R2 R2
Ride Height: -15 -20
Spring Rate: 5 7
Damper: 4 3
Toe: -0.15 -0.10
Camber: 2.0 2.0
Brake Bias: 6 7
Max Turning Angle: 45

1st: 2.964
2nd: 2.361
3rd: 1.690
4th: 1.276
5th: 1.040
Final: 3.000

I have decided that for Garage TZT's Grand Re-Opening, that I will begin with a drastically different approach than I did for GTP Event 2. Instead of keeping the tune private and only available to loyal TZT members, I have released mark I of the tune, in the hopes that my re-entry into the tuning world is as friendly and inclusive as possible. Glad to be back in the game!

Because this tune can also be used for the current WRS competition, I will not mention the lap times it is capable of. I will say that it is a easy, predictable drive, making most of that Enzo sourced V12. It is a 4 speed setup, with a bit of a fifth gear for extreme drafting on the straight.

Use 2nd gear for T1, 3rd for T2, 3rd for the sweeper, 2nd for the hairpin, go down to 1st for the sharp right hand turn at the bottom of the hill, and stay in 2nd until the front straight. Shift at 7800, unless you need to string it out, like in the end esses and before T2.

If anyone has any suggestions for this tune, please post in here. Again, I want to make my re-entry into tuning as inclusive as possible, and I think this venue is a great opportunity to do just that.

Last edited:
Big thanks :cheers: for this tune Tzayed.

I was running x and now I'm running y (y being quicker)

Thanks again man, excellent tune 👍

Last edited:
Yeah, didn't even know that they were going to use this combo until a few minutes ago. I've edited my original post and deleted the laptimes 👍

thanks for the reminder Tzayed--it might have helped if I had read your entire first post :dunce: sorry about that.

I was just scrambling to get the tune entered as quickly as possible before we went racing earlier and didn't read all of the post.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great tune Tzayed.👍 I'm running very fast lap times with it(in my opinion). I've gone faster since the last time we spoke.:D I'm getting very good consistency too which is great. Fantastic tune mate.👍

I can second that. Your 599 tune is splendid Tzayed, thanks so much for posting it! 👍

Thanks for posting the setup and glad to see everyone enjoys it.
Off to Fuji for the week.

Next time try to include sample pictures of cars that you tune.

Nice work thought.

I started doing that when I first started the garage, but it became too much work, and became an excuse for not posting tunes rapidly.

good setup TZ.. specially the gearing 👍 im using 1st gear on the 1st hairpin T3 :P

That's what I recommend. Either short-shift to 2nd at the 2nd apex, or wind it out and shift at the 3rd, but i think the first option has less momentum loss.

Ferrari 599 - 650PP - Fuji Speedway F

When I first tried the Event 03 week 2 (also WRS 32) combo, I loaded the TZT to begin with. I don't think I had ever used the 599 before, and I detest Fuji absolutely.

When my first day on this combo went poorly I decided to change tunes, when in reality the problem was I was not used to the car's weight and momentum, and I was not braking/turning at the right points.

Using other tunes gained me a respectable laptime, but as soon as I decided to give TZT's tune another try, 0.3 just fell off my laptime.

Anyway onto the specifics. This tune has a nice 4 speed gearbox that allows for good speed on the straight. Also, the setup allows for better turn in and earlier gas at turn 1 than any other tune I have tried, be it R2/R2 or even R2/R1.

I find this tune loses out slightly to positive rear-toe tunes in corners 2 and the sweeper of 3, but makes up all the lost time in the left-hand hairpin of turn 4. Superb turn-in under braking and early throttle stability. Staying in 3rd all the way down to the chicane, the gearbox handles it well and responds beautifully under heavy braking into 1st gear for the chicane. Just the slightest lift is required on upshift to 2nd halfway through the chicane.

I will refrain from commenting on the car's behaviour through T3 as I don't feel I have the correct technique through that section of the track, and so cannot judge the tune's feel through there. I have on 2 occasions managed to hit 54.3 at T2, which is highly competitive for this car and track combo.

What is not in doubt is that this tune has been consistently 0.2 to 0.3 faster than any other I have used at the line.

Many thanks Adam, all the best
Maz

I used this tune for the F599 WRS and Event 03 race with only some modifications to the toe settings (-0.20/+0.10) and a slightly shorter first gear. While I wasn't particularly quick, my best times were set with it. I tried three different tunes with variations on all and this one was the best. Took some time to get used to but produced good results in the end. So a 👍 and thanks for sharing your expertise.

Adam your 599 tune was crap. I was totally beaten by this tzayed dude in Event 03 who had a faster car ... (oh was that you? ;) )

Narrwww just kidding, nice one again! Keep up the good garage work!

Hunter Spec Ferrari F430 '06 / 700PP / Suzuka Circuit​

Power: -5
Weight: 85
Tyres: R3 R3
Ride Height: 0 +4 Updated
Spring Rate: 6 5
Damper: 1 2 Updated
Toe: -0.01 +0.02
Camber: 1.0 1.5
Brake Bias: 7 7
Max Turning Angle: 50

1st: 2.838
2nd: 1.940
3rd: 1.474 Updated
4th: 1.224 Updated
5th: 1.040 Updated
6th: 0.904
Final: 4.605 Updated

Notes: Welcome to the Hunter. This is the first Hunter released from Garage TZT.

Imagine the best hunter in the world. He's got sick weaponry, cool eyewear, an ego to match. But if you take away the prey, what's the point. He's not a hunter - he's just some douchebag with no friends and a big stick. Conversely, what it takes to be a TZT Hunter Spec, is the ability to have supreme confidence in even the most daring, aggressive, and creative encounters while not losing your cool, or your control, and being able to pressure to the point of ridiculousness. It is the automotive equivalent of having "higher ground". Make your opponent tremble. Make him question his endurance - his skill - and his balls - all while knowing you have the ability to wield the bigger pair. Tzayed (and Tzayad) means Hunter in hebrew, and it's about time I created a monster worthy of my namesake.

Tune behavior write to follow soon.

Some track notes: 3rd gear is very short. You might hit the limiter just before the tight 4th right hand S turn, but don't shift up. Lift for a millisecond (Short Shift up to 4th when you lift going up the hill - much more front end bite in 4th gear, and you dont need to waste a moment of lifting of to shift) to rotate at the first apex of Dunlop, 4th for Degner 1, 3rd for Degner 2. Make sure you get on the gas before the apex, and do so smoothly, with a brief lift after braking. Hard to describe. Don't upshift to 5th before Hairpin (done in 2nd). 5th gear will take you all the way to Spoon. Brake super late into Spoon, later than you have in any other car. 3rd in, 3rd out. Stay off the inside curb on the exit apex. 130R can be done at 142/143 MPH. Again, you can brake very late and aggressively down to 2nd for Casio, opening a lot of options for you.

6th gear tops out at the fun end of 172 MPH, and with a really good draft, you might max out at the end, but at that time you should be ahead. Being in front before the straight, however, shines, as the very short 4-5-6 gears will keep you just out of non-awkward reach, making it very hard for your opponent to merge in for the corner. Play chicken with the fuel cut-off in every gear at 9000 RPM, but make sure you don't bounce. Trust me, and trust my testers. It works. Capable of 10 laps of solid, efficient, fun, and opponent-mistake inducing 2'00's. Big thanks to JvM for the development advice, and Mad for being the tamed racing driver.

butterfly-1.jpg

The hunter has become the hunted. Vengeance is mine. :mischievous:

Last edited:
EDIT: CHECK THE ORIGINAL TUNE POST ABOVE FOR IMPORTANT UPDATES

GTP_Tzayed has asked me to write a review of his newest creation: The Hunter Spec Ferrari F430/Event 03 Edition, and I couldn't be happier to do so. I really appreciate all of the tuners here at GTPlanet, who take the time to provide their customers with the best possible options for OLR.

Although based loosely on his previous 650 PP/Suzuka Tune for the F430, Tzayed's Hunter Spec has in many ways been rebuilt from the ground up. This tune takes advantage of the R3/Race Slicks to full effect, and gives it's pilot a true weapon on the 700 PP battelfield.

In my humble opinion, Suzuka is the real proving ground of GT5P: not only is it a supreme test of driving skill, it is also a supreme test of a car and its capabilities. Tzayed has taken the F430 and turned it into a real beast on this circuit. If you can dish it out, the Hunter Spec can take it, and then some.

Every aspect of this tune (the gears, suspension and brakes in particular) have been optimized to claw every last ounce of performance out of one the finest the Scuderia has to offer. GTP_mad94d--one of the best young drivers in the GTP ranks--has put the Hunter Spec through its paces, and with tremendous results. He has managed a 2'00.3xx (2'00.2xx after testing out the new changes above ;) ) and is very pleased with this tune. I consider myself to be an average to slightly above average driver, and I can also vouch for the quality of this tune. I managed a 2'01.2xx in free run last night with it, and I can see where a high 2'00.xxx will be possible for me. In other words, this car will give you every chance to be competitive at 700 PP/Suzuka, in something other than a Clio, Cali, or Lotus--I think we should all give Tzayed a big thanks :cheers: and 👍 for that.

The following is a brief synopsis of my approach to a lap at Suzuka in this masterpiece of a car. Certainly not the fastest, and I don't think I have even begun to approach this car's limits yet, but maybe you will find this helpful 👍

At turn 1, the F430's brakes really shine. You can, and should take advantage of these brakes by getting on them rather late here, and taking the late apex through turn 2, accelerating hard as soon as you feel the car set.

Use 4th gear for the first S turn. You can really push the car through here, and it is a pleasure to drive through this famous complex :D For Gyaku Bank Curve (the final S leading to Dunlop) you just turn in sharply, tap the brake ever-so-gently to scrub off a tiny bit of speed, and let the Ferrari do it's job ;) The suspension is so good on this beauty...well...it's just sick :yuck:

The car is also supremely stable through Dunlop. Set up your line/entry properly, and it's just hammer-time here :D I have been shortshifting up to 4th gear right before the apex here in Dunlop with good effect. If you get better results staying in 3rd until further up the hill, then just do what works best for you 👍 Up to 5th gear for the entry of Degner 1, again, just downshift to 4th, tap the brake slightly to scrub off a little speed, lift-off and turn in, and let the car do the work. As soon as you straighten out, accelerate briefly, then downshift to 3rd a little early, setting up a slow-in/fast-out approach to Degner 2. I cannot emphasize this enough: approaching this corner properly is the key to a fast T1 and thus, the key to a fast overall laptime IMO. Using these techniques, I am getting 53.5xx T1's with regularity, 53.2xx T1's when I hit all my marks. And I'm sure there's more left to come, you can just sense with this car that you are not pushing it hard enough, so solid is this tune 👍

After the slow-in/fast-out approach to Degner, it's full-throttle up to the hairpin, topping out in 4th gear, then hard on the brakes here, as late as you dare. I think I'm still braking a touch too early here :dopey: I just can't yet get my mind to accept how adeptly this car brakes :D I take the tight line through the hairpin, slowing to as low as 40 mph as the car rotates beautifully again here. As soon as the car sets, FLOOR IT! And watch your opponents fade in your rearview as the Hunter Spec F430 stretches its legs on this critical section of Suzuka.

Up through the gears as you approach Spoon topping out in 5th gear. I use the black strip on the right as a braking marker here, use whatever method/marker you feel comfortable with, as you downshift to 3rd while carrying as much speed as possible through the apex. Here again, you will bear witness to the agility of this beast as it slices the Spoon apex with surgical precision. Let off the gas as your right wheels get as close as possible to the rumble strip on the right, and then turn-in sharply (applying a little brake if necessary) and take the line of your choosing through Spoon 2. Again, this tune is really masterful here. As elsewhere, there is virtually no drama here, as there can easily be with other cars (or this car for that matter, with a lesser tune). Accelerate hard, using as much of the track as possible to maximize speed on the run up to 130R.

At 130R, keep it in 6th. I brake ever-so-slightly just to scrub off a bit of speed before entry as I turn in sharply--trying to maintain approximately 140-142 mph (if I do it right ;) ) entry speed. Accelerate hard on the run up to Casio. This is another critical corner: a good trip through here means consolidation of a fast lap, and a great beginning to the next one, while a bad trip can ruin an entire lap (or race :ouch: ) This tune really lives up to it's name here, as it allows for bold overtaking maneuvers and the ability to approach the corner from multiple lines. Test out the tune for yourself and see what works best for you 👍 I try to brake as late as my brain will allow here, and keep my line as straight as possible through the chicane, as it seems to maximize exit speed. Also, I have been short-shifting to 3rd on the final apex of the chicane, and it seems to work really well. See if 2nd or 3rd on exit works best for you.

Suzuka is well-known and rightly regarded as one of the most technically-demanding tracks in the world. It can be daunting to take a high performance sports car such as the F430 to this track with a sub-par tune 👎 If you have been avoiding Suzuka lately, or only venturing there in a Clio, it's time to give this tune a try. Get the F430 out of the garage...equip it with the Hunter Spec tune, and go out there and "Act like a man!"

Step up strong to the Ghost of Suzuka like you've got a man-sized pair of bollocks, and attack this beast of a track like never before! This car will make you remember why you dreamed about driving a Ferrari as a kid, and why you acted like a little 4 year-old at Christmas when you found out Ferrari's were finally included in GT5P ;)

EDIT: Just managed a 2'00.879 with this car in free run. Certainly not the best time you will see in this car, but maybe it will better illustrate my lap description above 👍 I tried 4th gear for the esses on this lap, and it worked really well for me, maybe it will work for you as well--although both Madison and Tzayed tell me that 3rd gear is the optimum choice for this section...maybe you better take their advice instead of mine :D PAL replay posted below 👍

EDIT #2: If you have already tried out the original tune, please try it with the revised gearing and ride-height changes ;) Sparks have been seen flying from the anvil, as Tzayed has been hard at work in the TZT Garage, refining this tune thoughout the course of the evening--with great input from TZT test driver mad94d, and the results speak for themselves. The new gears wring even more performance out of the Hunter Spec F430 to the point where I don't know if there is any more power that can be coaxed out of the engine :scared: (but if it can, you can be sure Tzayed will find it). I should also note that GTP_JvM (AKA Jaffa :D ) also figured prominently in the development of this tune as he tested out the preliminary setup for Tzayed last night 👍

The new gearing gives you even more traction and better runs through Dunlop and the Degners, provides a steadier, smoother launch out of the hairpin, tops out in 5th gear at the Spoon entrance (instead of having to shift up to 6th), and makes it much easier to fly through 130R at higher speeds with improved on-throttle rotation. Also, the ride height change improves the car's turn in at high speed (for example, it has reduced understeer on the Dunlop exit) and has enhanced the considerable braking efficiency the tune already possessed :crazy: These improvements alone should be worth at least .1 per lap in the right hands 👍

Last edited:
I don't know, you tell us!:lol: Haven't seen you in a while.👍

damn, this write up makes me want to test this tune out man. Just finally getting around to reading it. Needless to say, I'll be in the F430 soon. Thanks for taking the time to write up such a detail description of the course.

Back