Gateway Motorsports Park

North Korea
With Kim Jong Un
I live in the St. Louis area, so why not have a track in my hometown!

From Wikipedia: Gateway Motorsports Park (formerly Gateway International Raceway) is a race track in Madison, Illinois, USA, just east of St. Louis, Missouri. After being shuttered by former owner Dover Motorsports Inc., on November 3, 2010, it was announced September 8, 2011, that the facility would re-open and host an NHRA Full Throttle Series event September 28–30, 2012. St. Louis real estate developer and former professional racer (INDYCAR Indy Lights) Curtis Francois has signed a one-year lease to run the track. It hosted a NASCAR Nationwide Series event and a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race on a 1.25-mile (2 kilometer) oval, a 1.5-mile (2.4 km) infield Road Course used by SCCA and various car clubs, and also has a quarter-mile drag strip that hosts an annual National Hot Rod Association event. The facilities were owned by Dover Motorsports, a group that also owned what is now Memphis International Raceway, along with Dover International Speedway, and the Nashville Superspeedway.

Stats (Oval):
Length: 2km (1.25mi)
Banking: Turns 1 & 2 11°, Turns 3 & 4 9°, Straights 3°

Stats (Road Course):
Length: 2.4km (1.5mi)
Turns: 7

Stats (Drag Strip):
Length: 0.4km (0.25mi)

Layout:
Gatewayraceway.jpg

Video:

Would be fun to have another infield road course. The one at Indy isn't that good and the layout is long out of date.

i have the Oval and drift layouts for AC, but im looking for the infield road course of this track for AC... anyone got a link?

Last edited:
i have the Oval layout for AC, but im looking for the infield road course of this track for AC... anyone got a link?
https://wwtraceway.com/ You will see it in the scrolling section the Oval is Highlighted and the Road Course is not. Yeah, this is a must for Assetto. Coming around the Oval and hitting the dive into the infield is a blast. Would be great for RSS Formula NA 20 as well as VRC Formula NA 21.

iRacing 11_2_2021 9_46_14 AM_LI.jpg
World Wide Technology Raceway – Racetrack and 2 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge 11_2_2...jpg

Last edited:
i found a version of Gateway roadcourse but.... its made for drifting so no pit stalls and some barriers that need to be removed.... is anyone here up to the task???

The WWT Oval is nice, I would like to see the Road Course added. The Gateway FD the road is there just barricaded off.

Last edited:
i found a version of Gateway roadcourse but.... its made for drifting so no pit stalls and some barriers that need to be removed.... is anyone here up to the task???
Did you check out the Gateway Oval from this page?...under Oval https://ironmanracingleague.freeforums.net/board/16/ac-track-links It is a good looking Oval with Day and Night. Either one would be nice but if the Formula/Drift barricades could be removed to use and match the iRacing one in the pic I provided above. The Milwaukee Mile Road Course in the track link is very nice. This is some more work by another author if you have not seen https://mega.nz/folder/SOAQVbDL#zAo0G0ix_Vg4r6KEg-_0wg

Did you check out the Gateway Oval from this page?...under Oval https://ironmanracingleague.freeforums.net/board/16/ac-track-links It is a good looking Oval with Day and Night. Either one would be nice but if the Formula/Drift barricades could be removed to use and match the iRacing one in the pic I provided above. The Milwaukee Mile Road Course in the track link is very nice. This is some more work by another author if you have not seen https://mega.nz/folder/SOAQVbDL#zAo0G0ix_Vg4r6KEg-_0wg
lol, IRONMAN ... thats my site... :Dand the MEGA site is my friend EDGAR's...

Last edited:
ummmmmmm leelee915, the things you mentioned are cars, not tracks... but they would be fun to run at Gateway Roadcourse.... my league runs the Super Late Models on short ovals...
as ive said b4, i have the Gateway Roadcourse track in drift format... we need to find someone to make it raceable... it needs pit stalls, a few barriers removed, not sure what else but WE ALL need to focus on finding someone to finish the track.... do you guys know anyone?

Last edited:
Not sure why it is Formula mine has a startoff in the Oval Track. The Blonde Road is the Road Course. 3 Sets of Objects removed would get it too Run On state. I am sure the Road Surface needs some work.

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa 11_9_2021 4_52_46 PM.png
    Assetto Corsa 11_9_2021 4_52_46 PM.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Assetto Corsa 11_9_2021 4_59_48 PM.png
    Assetto Corsa 11_9_2021 4_59_48 PM.png
    150.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Assetto Corsa 11_9_2021 5_00_17 PM.png
    Assetto Corsa 11_9_2021 5_00_17 PM.png
    128.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Assetto Corsa 11_9_2021 5_01_21 PM.png
    Assetto Corsa 11_9_2021 5_01_21 PM.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Assetto Corsa 11_9_2021 5_02_43 PM.png
    Assetto Corsa 11_9_2021 5_02_43 PM.png
    91 KB · Views: 29
Not sure why it is Formula mine has a startoff in the Oval Track. The Blonde Road is the Road Course. 3 Sets of Objects removed would get it too Run On state. I am sure the Road Surface needs some work.
yes, thats the drift version i have, like u said needs objects removed, but i believe it also needs pitstalls.... can anyone out here do this?

Here is the road course for anyone looking for that version.

Latest Posts

Back