Gearboxes in Older Race Cars

• Thread starter Guffaluff
  • 2 comments
Iceland
Iceland
Guffaluff
Hello all! :)

Disclaimer: I know the clutch simulation in GTS is lacking, but I still enjoy using the clutch/shifter when appropriate. I do not intend for this thread to become a argument over lack of proper clutch simulation in the game, so please skip that part ;)

Okay! On to the topic at hand! :)

When I race in Gran Turismo Sport, I try to make it as authentic as I can. What I mean by that, is that If I'm driving a car that uses manual clutch and shifter, I use the clutch pedal and shifter, if the car uses paddles, I use the paddles, etc. For the record I use the G29 with the H-shifter.

I know some of older race cars had the option to up/downshift without using the clutch pedal, sometimes just having to lift off the gas.

Can someone inform me regarding gearbox of the Group C cars in the game, as well as the Gran Turismo Lotus F1 clone? The game does allow clutch to be used, which it doesn't do for cars with auto clutch, but just wanted to get some info in this. My googling was not very successful :D

Early sequential transmissions required you to lift off the throttle to shift. You can see them in action in JGTC cars.

That being said, off the top of my head I can't think of any cars in GT Sport that would have one of these.

The cars you're referring to (all 4 Group C cars and the Lotus 97T) did indeed have a clutch and H shifter.

Early sequential transmissions required you to lift off the throttle to shift. You can see them in action in JGTC cars.

That being said, off the top of my head I can't think of any cars in GT Sport that would have one of these.

The cars you're referring to (all 4 Group C cars and the Lotus 97T) did indeed have a clutch and H shifter.

Thank you! :)

Back