General Lobby Racing

• Thread starter AndrewD3k
  • 15 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi, quick(ish) question, I'm after an alternative to the daily races and can't really make the commitments required to join a league , either because I can't guarantee to make all the sessions or they're at odd times for a UK based person

So Lobbies seem to be the next best thing and I've found these very hit and miss

Can anyone recommend any open type lobbies for varying skill levels that might suit a more casual racer like myself to pop in for an hour or so

P.S I have tried setting my own up but I either get no one or find myself racing against 2 or 3 people which doesn't do it for me

It's just that, hit and miss.
I think you can check a box to find fuller lobbies, but otherwise you are at the mercy of whomever is on at that time.

It's just that, hit and miss.
I think you can check a box to find fuller lobbies, but otherwise you are at the mercy of whomever is on at that time.
Ahh ok, so there's no one from GTP that would occasionally host a free for all? I did see a post somewhere, something about a TPC lobby being open and friendly but can't find it and don't know who or what TPC is

TPC stands for The Pit Crew and is a team that several members here are part of. They host events usually that anyone can join listed on this forum.
What you may be thinking of is the Daily Races with Friends (DRWF) which is held on a Friday evening (America time) and defiantly is a free for all so long as you are friends with someone in the lobby.

I second @OJBrit , public lobbies will always be hit and miss and can always be a test of your patience and goodwill ^^ However, I still think there are signs to look out for and I think they can be great fun. For a long period I bascially only did public lobby racing. Here are a few pointers I always used - there are exceptions to all of them of course:

If you want to avoid noobs, look out for the following:
- realistic race settings regarding boost, slip, grip and/or damage
- street car lobbies on comfort or sport tires
- no lobbies where tires are not specified / you are racing on Racing Super Softs
- no or few driving aids, especially no traction control

If you are looking for close racing:
- one-make lobbies
- BoP on
- no tuning
- lobbies which have custom specifications to make the racing closer (in Gr. N lobbies, this would often be: no detuned cars or disallowing specific overpowered cars)
- lobbies which only race at one track - there's always a few Nordschleife only Gr. N lobbies I feel like

If you are looking for nerdy lobbies:
- one-make lobbies with tuning allowed ^^

- When you're in a lobby you enjoy don't feel shy to sent a friend request to the lobby host so you'll easily find their lobby again next time around. The same for racers you've enjoyed a race with - sent them a friend request. That way next time you might find lobbies they are racing in which could be cool.

That's it, I think. A lot of obvious points but with that in mind, I think you could have some good experiences. Cheers

TPC stands for The Pit Crew and is a team that several members here are part of. They host events usually that anyone can join listed on this forum.
What you may be thinking of is the Daily Races with Friends (DRWF) which is held on a Friday evening (America time) and defiantly is a free for all so long as you are friends with someone in the lobby.
Thank you, so I guess I look out for TPC posts , DRWF might be an option if I can stay up late on a Friday (ahh the days of youth)

I second @OJBrit , public lobbies will always be hit and miss and can always be a test of your patience and goodwill ^^ However, I still think there are signs to look out for and I think they can be great fun. For a long period I bascially only did public lobby racing. Here are a few pointers I always used - there are exceptions to all of them of course:

If you want to avoid noobs, look out for the following:
- realistic race settings regarding boost, slip, grip and/or damage
- street car lobbies on comfort or sport tires
- no lobbies where tires are not specified / you are racing on Racing Super Softs
- no or few driving aids, especially no traction control

If you are looking for close racing:
- one-make lobbies
- BoP on
- no tuning
- lobbies which have custom specifications to make the racing closer (in Gr. N lobbies, this would often be: no detuned cars or disallowing specific overpowered cars)
- lobbies which only race at one track - there's always a few Nordschleife only Gr. N lobbies I feel like

If you are looking for nerdy lobbies:
- one-make lobbies with tuning allowed ^^

- When you're in a lobby you enjoy don't feel shy to sent a friend request to the lobby host so you'll easily find their lobby again next time around. The same for racers you've enjoyed a race with - sent them a friend request. That way next time you might find lobbies they are racing in which could be cool.

That's it, I think. A lot of obvious points but with that in mind, I think you could have some good experiences. Cheers

This is really helpful thank you, to be honest BOP on was the only filter I applied as I wanted to avoid the Tuning jazz as I've no idea what I'm doing

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, although 2am may be a bit late for me

Hey man, you’re welcome to join us any time you’d like, just send a friend request to TPC_Pigems on PSN so you can see the lobbies when they open. Races start at 9pm EST, but the lobby usually opens about 30-40 minutes early for practice. Even if you only come for one race, it’s all good, people can come and go as the please, you don’t need to stay for the whole thing or anything, we just race for fun. :)

Check my signature, the leaderboards are merely for fun and there are rarely any tryhards in the races trying to win the race in the first corner :D Also no commitment required, just join when you can and don't when you cannot :)

Last edited:
Back