Daily Races with Friends, Fridays @ 9pm EST. All Drivers Welcome.

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 3,898 comments

Pigems

Premium
Canada
Canada
TT_Pigems
Hey Fellas, I’ve been wanting to put together a weekly race night for a while now. It seems like there are a lot of regulars in the Daily Race thread who race often but don’t necessarily get the chance to race with each other or other regulars/members as often as they’d like to. So I’m proposing a once a week get together to run through the Daily Races, just for fun, no scores or week to week standings or anything like that, all skill levels welcomed. My initial thoughts were to use everyone’s Daily Q times to remove the time needed for qualifying on race night in order to get to the racing faster, I was thinking 6 races per night, 2 of each combo with the first race using everyones Daily Q time to set the grid and the second races being a Reverse grid based on the finishing order from the first race to mix things up and give everyone a better chance to have fun.

I’m still in the initial phase of getting things organized and most things are still up for debate and improvement, so if anyone has any ideas on how to make the format or experience better, I’d love to hear your ideas. Thanks for stopping in, I hope to see many of you out on the track once I get things going. I’m hoping to get it up and running in the next week or two. Have a great day everyone. :)

Edit: We are now up and running! The first few Saturdays have seen some close, clean racing and it’s been a lot of fun. Great Job Everyone!! :cheers:

Now that the details/format of the races are basically finalized and working it’s time to edit this post so all new racers don’t have to search through the thread to find them.

The format for our Friday Night Daily Races is as follows, the lobby will be posted in this thread and the Daily thread on Saturday nights. The Lobby is set to friends only so we don’t get random drop ins, so if you want to participate simply send me a friend request so you’ll be able to see the lobby when it opens. All participants are welcome and all assists are allowed. Our Race C’s are not full races as in the Dailies, the Laps are Halved and Fuel/Tire wear are not used to keep things simple and cut down on overall time.

- Race Lobby Opens @ 8:30pm EST to give everyone a chance to arrive and settle in.

- Action Starts @ 9:00pm EST

- Qualifying for Race 1/A Starts, 1 Out Lap + 2 Hot Laps

- Race 1/A, Fastest First Grid.

- Race 2/A, Reverse Grid Based on Previous Results

- Qualifying for Race 3/B Starts, 1 Out Lap + 2 Hot Laps

- Race 3/B, Fastest First Grid.

- Race 4/B, Reverse Grid Based on Precious Results.

- Qualifying for Race 5/C Starts, 1 Out Lap + 2 Hot Laps

- Race 5/C, Fastest First Grid.

- Race 6/C, Reverse Grid Based on Previous Results.

- Race 7, Bonus Race 1, Fastest First Grid.

- Race 8, Bonus Race 2, Reverse Grid Based on Previous Results.

Last edited:
Awesome man, welcome aboard. :cheers:

No worries if you don’t feel comfortable up front, you can always just pull off to the side and let others by at the start in you’re starting up front in a second race.

I forgot to mention in the OP, all Driving aids are welcomes as well and Races will hopefully be Friday or Saturday evenings if that works for the majority.

Interesting idea. Hopefully it'll take place on my Sunday mornings (i.e. at around 5-6 a.m. GMT+7)...

Looks like you’re about 3 hours east of me, so a 12am/0:00 start my time would put you at 3am and west coast guys at 8pm. I don’t mind staying up later on a Fri/Sat night to race if it means more people can join, maybe even pushing it to 4am your time. :)

Hey Fellas, I’ve been wanting to put together a weekly race night for a while now. It seems like there are a lot of regulars in the Daily Race thread who race often but don’t necessarily get the chance to race with each other or other regulars/members as often as they’d like to. So I’m proposing a once a week get together to run through the Daily Races, just for fun, no scores or week to week standings or anything like that, all skill levels welcomed. My initial thoughts were to use everyone’s Daily Q times to remove the time needed for qualifying on race night in order to get to the racing faster, I was thinking 6 races per night, 2 of each combo with the first race using everyones Daily Q time to set the grid and the second races being a Reverse grid based on the finishing order from the first race to mix things up and give everyone a better chance to have fun.

I’m still in the initial phase of getting things organized and most things are still up for debate and improvement, so if anyone has any ideas on how to make the format or experience better, I’d love to hear your ideas. Thanks for stopping in, I hope to see many of you out on the track once I get things going. I’m hoping to get it up and running in the next week or two. Have a great day everyone. :)

I would most definitely be interested. Any chance I can start the races right behind you, I need to find some of your speed??

Looks like you’re about 3 hours east of me, so a 12am/0:00 start my time would put you at 3am and west coast guys at 8pm. I don’t mind staying up later on a Fri/Sat night to race if it means more people can join, maybe even pushing it to 4am your time. :)
So 12am GMT-?? equals to 3am+1day GMT+7 then. Don't mind which timezone you are in...

So 12am GMT-?? equals to 3am+1day GMT+7 then. Don't mind which timezone you are in...

I’m in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada and run on Atlantic Standard Time(AST). I got two results from my search, one said you’re 3 hours ahead and the other said 4. I’m not stuck on 12am start either by any means, whatever time works best for the most amount of people would be ideal I think. :)

@Pigems not sure. I know I can find my friends that are in a lobby that they jumped in and not created. Dunno if this helps lol.

I’m in on Fri/Sat anytime. During the summer I don’t race as much but when I can I’ll join in!

Perfect, thanks. So then anyone can see/join the lobby as long as one of their friends are in it. The reason I was asking is it may help to avoid having random/dirty racers entering our lobby and causing trouble by making it friend only, I think that would help on that front quite a bit, but everyone also needs to be able to find the race.

Last edited:
I’d be in when I have time.

@Pigems Great initiative man 👍

I'm interested, though we'll have to see about the time difference (CET).

Awesome, Welcome aboard fellas! Once we get a few more guys we can start to figure out what time/day will work best for everyone. What time/day would work best for you guys? Same question to everyone else as well. :)

Once we get a few more guys we can start to figure out what time/day will work best for everyone. What time/day would work best for you guys?
I think you guys have to come to an agreement and then I'll see how practical it is for me.
Midnight in your time zone is 6 in the morning for me :ouch:

With that being said, the concept of ruining my day rhythm for the sake of Gran Turismo is not an unfamiliar one to me :embarrassed:

Is drunk driving allowed?

All driving aids are allowed. ;)

I think you guys have to come to an agreement and then I'll see how practical it is for me.
Midnight in your time zone is 6 in the morning for me :ouch:

With that being said, the concept of ruining my day rhythm for the sake of Gran Turismo is not an unfamiliar one to me :embarrassed:

Sounds good, so far Saturday night seems to be looking good. I hope it works out so that you can join us once sometimes. :cheers:

I like the Friday or Saturday night idea, i am usually not home till 10 or 11 my time on friday though cuse of work. Saturday night is pretty open...

I like Saturday night as well, I’m hoping we can all settle on a start time somewhere between 10pm and 12am AST. :)

Last edited:
I'm at gmt+1 atm, and on fridays i'm playing on the late afternoon till 20h, and on weekends the whole morning.
I dont mind hosting a second set on my time slot for those with the extra time.

After mornings its family time around here.

Last edited:
I'm at gmt+1 atm, and on fridays i'm playing on the late afternoon till 20h, and on weekends the whole morning.
I dont mundo hosting a second set on my time slot for those with the extra time.

After mornings its family time around here.

That would be great, then we could have one running on both sides of the pond making it easier for people to participate. :cheers:

I'm in the eastern time zone. (Quebec, Canada) but if the hour fits and work doesn't get in the way I'd like to be in on this !

Welcome aboard man, the more Canadians the merrier. :cheers:

It’s too bad the Canadiens missed the PO’s this year though, they had a good run there at the end. :)

Welcome aboard man, the more Canadians the merrier. :cheers:

It’s too bad the Canadiens missed the PO’s this year though, they had a good run there at the end. :)
Too little too late .... but still better than expected at the start of the season. Young guns are gonna be better and more experienced next year 👍

I’ve got a practice room going if anyone is interested. :)
C860C940-DE9B-4EF2-BB0F-AD1CABBE82FF.jpeg

Back