General tuning tips to reduce oversteer?

Baka_Marimo

I am thou, thou art I.
Premium
Turkey
Turkey
Hi, I'm trying to beat the races in GT League with the lowest category possible. Currently I'm on the J-Sports Meeting Race 4 (Tsukuba) in the Amateur League and using a Honda Beat because it has the lowest weight of all the Japanese N100 cars (706 kg). The problem is though that whenever I turn into a corner under breaking, the back steps out and I lose a lot of time. I have to counter this by going a tad easier on the corners and only steer very lightly when braking but this obviously costs time. I finished just about 2 seconds behind the leading Skyline. Since I have no clue about suspension settings and tuning in general I would like to know if there is something I can adjust to make the car less tail happy. If I could drive more aggressively it would be a lot easier to catch up to the guy in first.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Alright so since nobody replied I tried around a bit for myself having a look here) but it didn't work out so I just used an N200 car to win that race. The weird thing though is that the next 2 races (DT Gardens and Fuji) were nowhere near as difficult as Tsukuba in an N100 car, even though they're much more focussed on straight line speed.

Try my setup out. Adjust the power and weight to max the car out for N100 and change the final gear to 5.400. Sports soft tyres too.

I just tried the race and could only mange 3rd place, but that was down to being stuck behind dumb AI that brake in the middle of the the last corner. The setup still has the same issue as the stock setup but it's a lot easier to handle it.

Hi, I'm trying to beat the races in GT League with the lowest category possible. Currently I'm on the J-Sports Meeting Race 4 (Tsukuba) in the Amateur League and using a Honda Beat because it has the lowest weight of all the Japanese N100 cars (706 kg). The problem is though that whenever I turn into a corner under breaking, the back steps out and I lose a lot of time. I have to counter this by going a tad easier on the corners and only steer very lightly when braking but this obviously costs time. I finished just about 2 seconds behind the leading Skyline. Since I have no clue about suspension settings and tuning in general I would like to know if there is something I can adjust to make the car less tail happy. If I could drive more aggressively it would be a lot easier to catch up to the guy in first.

Thanks in advance for you help.

There are many ways to reduce oversteer in GT Sport, here a few:

- reducing rear ride height
- higher front ride height
- stiffer front suspension
- lower front camber
- higher rear camber
- higher rear toe
- lower front toe (lesser sharp turning)
- higher braking lsd

- smoother downshifting (do not hit rev limiter)
- smoother turn in
- smoother steering inputs

just to name a few - but never forget - every value u change maybe needs another to cover, so to get a very good setup is still not that easy - but with these little tipps above you should be able to make a decent one.

Ps: tell me which honda u mean - maybe i can help you

cheers - MINK

Thanks a lot for the tips! I'm gonna apply them whenever I run into trouble with cars :) I'm not looking for more speed, just trying to make the car more stable. But I guess there's a few cars out there which are just too much of a handfull, even with a modified setup. As stated I used the Honda Beat There's only one and I think it's from 1991. It's a tiny Kei Car but it's mid-engined and I think this is what makes it so tricky to drive :)

Thanks a lot for the tips! I'm gonna apply them whenever I run into trouble with cars :) I'm not looking for more speed, just trying to make the car more stable. But I guess there's a few cars out there which are just too much of a handfull, even with a modified setup. As stated I used the Honda Beat There's only one and I think it's from 1991. It's a tiny Kei Car but it's mid-engined and I think this is what makes it so tricky to drive :)

i am going to take a look later

Honda Beat have a big oversteer problem that even extremes settings just reduce the problem , but still not enough to let the car sane , at least as a sane MR car.
In my opinion this is a building mistake from PD . Just try to put a 1 grade softer tires at the rear , like Sport hard front , Sport medium rear , or even with any comfort tires with the same 1 grade softer tires at the rear.
This way , with the stock tune on it , max power minimum weight , you will see that the car react perfectly just as a little MR car have to be. Showing a very nice eagerness , free rear , fast .... but the rear grip never pass over the tires as it pass so easily with the same compound front rear.
With an efficient setting , it turn this car a real beast , giving a very good driving sensation anywhere.
So still in my opinion , if PD don't correct this , drive it this way , or you'll have to handle the bad behaviors.

Honda Beat have a big oversteer problem that even extremes settings just reduce the problem , but still not enough to let the car sane , at least as a sane MR car.
In my opinion this is a building mistake from PD . Just try to put a 1 grade softer tires at the rear , like Sport hard front , Sport medium rear , or even with any comfort tires with the same 1 grade softer tires at the rear.
This way , with the stock tune on it , max power minimum weight , you will see that the car react perfectly just as a little MR car have to be. Showing a very nice eagerness , free rear , fast .... but the rear grip never pass over the tires as it pass so easily with the same compound front rear.
With an efficient setting , it turn this car a real beast , giving a very good driving sensation anywhere.
So still in my opinion , if PD don't correct this , drive it this way , or you'll have to handle the bad behaviors.

Great tip, indeed! :)

Having raced the Honda Beat a lot. Most of the oversteer is driver induced, too much steering angle, too much throttle, too little straight line braking. Work on getting the car to behave appropriately then start diving into tuning it. If you approach it from the other direction you will be leaving a lot of time on the table.

I think a lot of it has to do with GTS better physics have you driving with the throttle more than previous GT games especially GT6

Practicing throttle control should help a bunch

Back