Genesis Joins the Gran Turismo World Series as Official Partner

• Thread starter Famine
  • 36 comments
Let me make sure we're on the same page here. The Koenigsegg Regera, as far as I can recall, only comes with a CVT. But it's still a sports car, right? Same with the BMW M5, which is a sedan, but does indeed come with a manual. Or at least I think it does.

Also, I'm pretty sure the G80 Sport specifically comes with a DCT, as I recall seeing paddle shifters in my dad's G80 Sport. (Albeit it's a little older, being from the 2018 model year.) You know what else has been coming with DCTs these days? Ferraris.
The Regera apparently doesn't have any transmission, just a single-speed direct drive. As for the M5, it's certainly a sporty sedan, but not a "sports car." The G80 does in fact come with a conventional torque-converter automatic, paddle shifters can be adapted to work with them as well. And I don't discount dual-clutch automated manual transmissions as part of a real sports car. Not that anyone cares, but here's my criteria for a proper "sports car:"

-2 doors
-2 primary seats (extremely small back seats in which no normal sized human can fit are allowed)
-Manual Transmission (including automated manuals like DCTs, but no conventional automatics with torque converters)
-The primary design focus of the car needs to be handling and fun-to-drive-ness, not necessarily power.

But that's just me. By your definition, even some SUVs can be considered "sports cars," and they most certainly aren't by any sort of socially acceptable definition.

Last edited:
To the people here who don't even know what a G70 really is, its a sport sedan, track ready (not focused) car.

Its a car that I can describe as a fake sedan because underneath its really a sport coupe, its has all the basic ingredients of a sport car plus a better build quality/luxury, extra two doors and weight.

Thanks, Genesis! Very cool. Hopefully their Gr.1 car isn't too far behind, as well as the latest iteration of the G80 Sport.

Uh, what about the Genesis G80 Sport?
G80 "Sport" is just a trim name, older (2018-2021) generation is too heavy and the "Sport" name was just a better engine, some fake CF accents and a few minor extras, the newer generation is lighter and much better but it is still heavy and its more like a sportier version of a luxury sedan rather than a sport sedan.
And I don't discount dual-clutch automated manual transmissions as part of a real sports car. Not that anyone cares, but here's my criteria for a proper "sports car:"

-2 doors
-2 primary seats (extremely small back seats in which no normal sized human can fit are allowed)
-Manual Transmission (including automated manuals like DCTs, but no conventional automatics with torque converters)
-The primary design focus of the car needs to be handling and fun-to-drive-ness, not necessarily power.
Being a DCT doesn't mean its a sport transmission and being a torque converter auto doesn't mean its not a sport transmission, for example the G70 torque converter auto performs and shifts better/faster than 6-speed and 7-speed Hyundai DCTs in other Hyundai cars.

Same goes for 8-speed ZF autos thats used in many cars, you can easily mistake them for a dual clutch because of how fast it shifts.

Manufacturers are moving away from DCTs for non-track focused cars because a nowadays a proper TQ auto can like give you 90% of the performance with none of the drawbacks of DCTs.
Also, I'm pretty sure the G80 Sport specifically comes with a DCT, as I recall seeing paddle shifters in my dad's G80 Sport. (Albeit it's a little older, being from the 2018 model year.) You know what else has been coming with DCTs these days? Ferraris.
All Hyundai/Genesis RWD based cars are using torque converter autos, DCTs are only available on some FWD based cars.

Wow, that's the best design i've ever seen! Looks so real to me! How did you do that? Where did you get the design for the five men under the Genesis logo?
Its from the cover of the album 'The Way We Walk vol.2" by the band Genesis

Let me make sure we're on the same page here. The Koenigsegg Regera, as far as I can recall, only comes with a CVT. But it's still a sports car, right? Same with the BMW M5, which is a sedan, but does indeed come with a manual. Or at least I think it does.

Hopefully this won't count out more Hyundais coming. My personal wishlist would be the following:

Veloster N
Elantra N
Tiburon (Re-vamped premium model)
i20 N (Could be a great opponent for the GR Yaris.)
i30 N (Similar to above, if they add the GR Corolla.)
The M5 isn't a sports car. It's a sports sedan or performance vehicle or grand tourer, but definitely not a sports car. Neither is the car in my avatar, the C63. But it's still a blast on a race track. Honestly more fun than the Cayman I used to have (doubling the hp can have that effect). It's also a MCT, and while I wish it was a 6sp, that was never an option. Now, the massively slower MR2 Spyder in my garage...100% sports car. :dunce:

Didn't mean to set off a "firestorm" about what is/isn't a sports car. But I mean come on, if a carmaker is going to be one of the sponsors of a sports race series, they need to at least produce (or have produced) a sports car at some point, haha.

I think so! And I love the decal, is it shared? It didn't show up on quick search.

Mine is slightly different, it still can't dance 😜

When people outside the USA talk about Genesis they often say it is a mega drive.

(livery and decals shared on my profile x)

Edit: just so you know I'm not copying, I wanted to say I also made a similar livery for the Hyundai Genesis in previous game.

Attachments

• 564f173d50a658d5c8cb170187fca808_thumb_l_x2.jpg
    564f173d50a658d5c8cb170187fca808_thumb_l_x2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back