Genshin ImpactPS4 

Silver_Wolf

Nice! Let's do it again when you level up!
Premium
Scotland
Dundee, Scotland
So I decided to make a topic for this game Genshin Impact which released for free on the PS4 console and is also available on Microsoft Windows, Android and iOS as of September 28, 2020.

Genshin Impact is a gacha game, if you are not familiar with the term gacha they are video games that implement the gacha (capsule-toy vending machine) mechanic. This is somewhat similar to loot boxes, inducing players to spend in-game currency to receive a random virtual item.

Please note that due to several countries in the world establishing rules about loot boxes/gacha this game may not be available in your country.

Onwards to the game itself (courtesy of the PlayStation Store)

Description

Step into Teyvat, a vast world teeming with life and flowing with elemental energy.

You and your sibling arrived here from another world. Separated by an unknown god, stripped of your powers, and cast into a deep slumber, you now awake to a world very different from when you first arrived.

Thus begins your journey across Teyvat to seek answers from The Seven — the gods of each element. Along the way, prepare to explore every inch of this wondrous world, join forces with a diverse range of characters, and unravel the countless mysteries that Teyvat holds...

MASSIVE OPEN WORLD

Climb any mountain, swim across any river, and glide over the world below, taking in the jaw-dropping scenery each step of the way. And if you stop to investigate a wandering Seelie or strange mechanism, who knows what you might discover?

ELEMENTAL COMBAT SYSTEM

Harness the seven elements to unleash elemental reactions. Anemo, Electro, Hydro, Pyro, Cryo, Dendro, and Geo interact in all sorts of ways, and Vision wielders have the power to turn this to their advantage.

Will you vaporize Hydro with Pyro, electro-charge it with Electro, or freeze it with Cryo? Your mastery of the elements will give you the upper hand in battle and exploration.

BEAUTIFUL VISUALS

Feast your eyes on the world around you, with a stunning art style, real-time rendering, and finely tuned character animations delivering you a truly immersive visual experience. Lighting and weather all change naturally over time, bringing every detail of this world to life.

SOOTHING SOUNDTRACK

Let the beautiful sounds of Teyvat draw you in as you explore the expansive world around you. Performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra, the soundtrack changes seamlessly with the time and gameplay to match the mood.

BUILD YOUR DREAM TEAM

Team up with a diverse cast of characters in Teyvat, each with their own unique personalities, stories, and abilities. Discover your favorite party combinations and level up your characters to help you conquer even the most daunting of enemies and domains.

JOURNEY WITH FRIENDS

Team up with friends (2-4 players) across various platforms to trigger more elemental action, tackle tricky boss fights, and conquer challenging domains together to reap rich rewards.

As you stand atop the peaks of Jueyun Karst and take in the rolling clouds and vast terrain stretching out before you, you may wish to stay in Teyvat a little longer... But until you are reunited with your lost sibling, how can you rest? Go forth, Traveler, and begin your adventure!

Language Options:

Available Text Languages: Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, Korean, English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Indonesian, Vietnamese, Russian, Thai.

Available Voiceover Languages: Chinese, Japanese, Korean, English (Voiceover and text language can be changed independently).

I really fell in love with this game mostly for the impressive graphics and immediate anime style feel to the gameplay, you play the character of The Traveller (a boy and sister) who are separated and pick one of them to start your adventure and meet other characters from Teyvat,

I will post some pics soon of my initial photo's of the character but it is a full open world game with many elements of old style RPG games but with modern graphics and feels very polished in this launch state.

Created this thread because I wanted to share info/experiences of the game so if you are playing and want to contribute please feel free!

EDIT: 11/11/20 - Excellent resource site for Genshin Impact if you are not already aware of it!: https://www.gensh.in/

EDIT: 22/03/21 - Excellent guide for artefact farming, extremely usefully at higher AR levels!
https://fragstrat.com/genshin-impact/daily-artifact-exp-farming-route

EDIT: 18/06/21 - As I have now started streaming the game on Youtube my channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWH74MoCGIL0QEP0Cn3pQfg/videos

Last edited:
I still get sucked into this game, even if I try to only be on it for an hour, so I can do other things. Next thing I know, it's two hours later, because I got things I need to do in the world. After about a week of grinding kind of hard. I did try to cut my time spent into it, so i can play other games with my friends. But for a free to play game, I'm amazed at how much there is to do in this game. Just wish I had more time in the day to put more time into it.

Good to see some comments @dlshearon apologies if you get dragged in for many hours!

I spent a good bit of yesterday doing Amber's Gliding Test mission which was really fun but I have forgotten what the game said about levelling up through the Adventure's Guild, I am on 960/1300 Adventure Rank 9 @Tired Tyres have you had to do any ranking up this way yet as looking for a reminder on how to do it!

Edit: First of many pics!

Last edited:
Adventure handbook, quests, opening chests (these respawn) and talking to NPC's for missions.

I remember the 9 to 10 jump being a long one. Quests and the usual are okay after that.

I'm level 22 now.

Don't fast travel unless it's to a specific objective. Otherwise walk/run. You get extra experience with all the battles you get into. Not much individually but it adds up.

Last edited:
Adventure handbook, quests, opening chests (these respawn) and talking to NPC's for missions.

I remember the 9 to 10 jump being a long one. Quests and the usual are okay after that.

I'm level 22 now.

Don't fast travel unless it's to a specific objective. Otherwise walk/run. You get extra experience with all the battles you get into. Not much individually but it adds up.

Thanks, will see how that goes, I haven't talked to many of the NPC's yet so no doubt that will give me some new work to do.

How many characters do you have unlocked now through wishes? I am up to 6 which I thought is not bad going within a week?

Thanks, will see how that goes, I haven't talked to many of the NPC's yet so no doubt that will give me some new work to do.

How many characters do you have unlocked now through wishes? I am up to 6 which I thought is not bad going within a week?
Eight so far. Four through the story and four from free wish drops.

Well had a little wander around Mondstadt yesterday and finally found the tavern plus the docks/pier area on the edge of the city further immersing me into exploring the game world as I hunt for items/quests to reach adventure rank 10.

Did 1 quest for a guy in the adventure's guild who was at the tavern but was really struck by the water/skyline in this picture I took yesterday and also recreating my gal Miku drinking at the tavern even though that's not a thing you can do.

I haven't played this game yet but it seems to have stirred some controversy from what I've read online. People saying it's a Zelda ripoff, music is similar to Final Fantasy, fighting moves ripped from Nier, etc. Anyone know if this is true?

I haven't played this game yet but it seems to have stirred some controversy from what I've read online. People saying it's a Zelda ripoff, music is similar to Final Fantasy, fighting moves ripped from Nier, etc. Anyone know if this is true?

I would say that declaring they've 'ripped off' other games is a bit harsh, I love all these aspects they have integrated into the game especially the music, the combinations work very well in my opinion and there will always be people unhappy at games like this I guess.

On my game front I finally got to Adventure Rank 10 yesterday and with the game reaching I think it was 10 million subs I got 10 free wishes and won a new character whom has become my favourite because I like her fighting style/voice and overall attire (see pic below), alas I have forgotten her name...

Swimming and climbing anything you can see with a stamina bar is like Zelda otherwise 3rd person RPG with real-time combat which is different. Excellent game and fun to play.

I’d say the scummy paywall/gachapon gameplay model and the fact it installs malware on your HD is a bit more controversial than it lifting good ideas from other games.

Having played Honkai Impact a lot a long time ago I was eagerly awaiting this game when it was announced. So far though, I've only played tutorial and I've been too busy with other games to keep going. I hope I haven't missed anything cause it felt good!

I assume everyone's playing PS4? I was on PC and I read there's no saves between the platforms so I might end up running two games... even if I didn't get far starting over in almost any game suuuuuucks.

Last edited:
Having played Honkai Impact a lot a long time ago I was eagerly awaiting this game when it was announced. So far though, I've only played tutorial and I've been too busy with other games to keep going. I hope I haven't missed anything cause it felt good!

I assume everyone's playing PS4? I was on PC and I read there's no saves between the platforms so I might end up running two games... even if I didn't get far starting over in almost any game suuuuuucks.

You haven't missed anything as far as I am aware, I've been on other games for the past couple of days but I believe there's only one new event been added which is the Elemental Crucible event.

Sadly there is no save between platform as you say and I at least play on PS4, hoping to get back to the game tonight though as eager to get on towards higher ranks.

The only save between platform would be between PC and Mobile, otherwise, PS4 is all by itself. I play on PC, and when I need to, I can go on my phone and collect my expedition rewards, when I'm at work, or just don't feel like power on the computer before I go to work.

Edit: I've only done this twice, with this video being my second attempt. Was trying to see if we could break under 3 minutes, but just missed it by 8 seconds.

Last edited:
Well, managed to get under 3 minutes. Ended up joining late, at somehow we got 3:07. We ran it again with the same people, and got it under 3 minutes. Really need to finish the challenges before the event ends. I've only done it 4 times so far, and it's pretty easy to do.
Also, I guess there's a glitch where you can do this, and then run the Abyss, and get a little extra damage boost, since you have an attack boost when you finish the Elemental Crucible.

Well, managed to get under 3 minutes. Ended up joining late, at somehow we got 3:07. We ran it again with the same people, and got it under 3 minutes. Really need to finish the challenges before the event ends. I've only done it 4 times so far, and it's pretty easy to do.
Also, I guess there's a glitch where you can do this, and then run the Abyss, and get a little extra damage boost, since you have an attack boost when you finish the Elemental Crucible.

Impressive!

I haven't had time to get to Rank 20 as I have been doing some preparation work for the upcoming PS5 release but am hoping I might get back to the game this week as way too much real life stuff happening and need an escape into the adventure fantasy world.

I'd swear I've seen worse full price games than this. It's fun, it looks nice, the combat is pretty tight, the story is fine, there's lots to do, the character designs are neat, and so far it doesn't seem overly heavy handed in forcing you to buy gacha/currency.

I like it a lot.

I'm a little biased, but I do enjoy this game more than Breath of the Wild. Reason why I'm biased, is because I was never a real fan of Zelda. Played maybe a couple of hours of BoTW, but just didn't keep me playing. Genshin so far has kept me playing pretty much every day. Hit AR30, and about 1000xp away from AR31.

I'm at that point where I believe the main story line ends for the time being. Now it's just farming bosses, to ascend my characters, and doing daily quests, and finding side quest, and exploring. Still need to find all the Geo, Ameno, to level up my statues. They are both at level 6 right now. Also still have the Abyss to go through yet. Only on Floor 2, but need to get to floor 3 to get another Xinglang, for her constellation.

Last edited:
I play it on PC, but I've tried the PS4 version too. It's a bit stuttery on the standard PS4...I assume it's better on the Pro version.

The soundtrack is easily the best part. I like every song. That rarely happens.

You've got a massive world to explore, tons of things to do, beautiful scenery for taking photos, the combat is fun, the character design is great...all that for free. It's up to you to decide what you wanna spend on it, the game doesn't force you to spend a penny. I like that concept.

I’d say the scummy paywall/gachapon gameplay model and the fact it installs malware on your HD is a bit more controversial than it lifting good ideas from other games.
Oh does it? That's cute.

Definitely one of the greatest free-play games I've ever had the pleasure of playing/getting addicted to. So many options to choose from for your fireteam, and loads of puzzles and combat for those treasure hunters. Learning the elite boss fights without any walkthrough also made them more fun, especially the hypostasis battles. Next big content update from what I see is on November 11th, but thankfully I have the BP pass to progress through. I hope there's another event type deal like the elemental crucible, since I chickened out on doing that completely when it was active on the pass.

Also, this game now has a waifu that rivals my profile pic. Too bad she isn't as adorable as Klee :3
jean adorable.jpg

Forgot I had a video saved of my 2:07 run, so decided to upload it on Youtube. Also managed to hit AR31 now, and just focusing on leveling up my characters, and probably should focus on weapons too. Fischl, Amber, and my FeMC are now at level 60. Barbara is still at 50, but I'm not a fan of fighting the boss needed to level her up. Probably do more Pryo Boss, so I can level up Xiangling.

Definitely one of the greatest free-play games I've ever had the pleasure of playing/getting addicted to. So many options to choose from for your fireteam, and loads of puzzles and combat for those treasure hunters. Learning the elite boss fights without any walkthrough also made them more fun, especially the hypostasis battles. Next big content update from what I see is on November 11th, but thankfully I have the BP pass to progress through. I hope there's another event type deal like the elemental crucible, since I chickened out on doing that completely when it was active on the pass.

Also, this game now has a waifu that rivals my profile pic. Too bad she isn't as adorable as Klee :3
View attachment 966533

Well I can see I am going to have to get back to the game as this character Klee looks like she'll fit in my party very nicely, guess a few wishes are going to be in order once I can afford to do them as not many wishing points on my account at the moment.

Excuse ignorance but who is the character pictured, I should know but my brain is terrible in names...

Well I can see I am going to have to get back to the game as this character Klee looks like she'll fit in my party very nicely, guess a few wishes are going to be in order once I can afford to do them as not many wishing points on my account at the moment.

Excuse ignorance but who is the character pictured, I should know but my brain is terrible in names...
That’s Jean. Turns out she’s pretty nice after getting her from the 90 roll. Much better stats and abilities than the Anemo main character and allows me to use geo instead.

That’s Jean. Turns out she’s pretty nice after getting her from the 90 roll. Much better stats and abilities than the Anemo main character and allows me to use geo instead.

Well hopefully I will gain access to Jean soon! My brain really is terrible today, how could I forget Jean's name? Thanks!

I play it on PC, but I've tried the PS4 version too. It's a bit stuttery on the standard PS4...I assume it's better on the Pro version.

The soundtrack is easily the best part. I like every song. That rarely happens.

You've got a massive world to explore, tons of things to do, beautiful scenery for taking photos, the combat is fun, the character design is great...all that for free. It's up to you to decide what you wanna spend on it, the game doesn't force you to spend a penny. I like that concept.

Oh does it? That's cute.
It's a bit stuttery on my Pro when I first start the game but it gets smooth after a few seconds. It may be down to connection rather than anything else.

It looks like I'm at that point, where I can just explore, do domains, bosses, and completing dailys. I'm at AR33, trying to grind to AR34, to unlock that Story Quest at AR34, with those keys. Also looks like a new quest appears on the 26th too.

A bit late with the post but here's the current live event:

Dear Travelers,

The Marvelous Merchandise event is available for a limited time, and the corresponding missions have been added to the Battle Pass. Complete them to claim BattlePass EP (BEP).

(View specific mission criteria in Battle Pass > Missions > This BP Period)

Travelers can complete requests from Liben the merchant to receive a chance to open a Box o' Marvels.

〓Event Duration〓

2020-10-26 04:00:00 - 2020-11-02 03:59:59

(Server Time)

〓Eligibility〓

Adventure Rank 12 or above

〓Event Details〓

During the event, Travelers may follow hints across Teyvat to find a merchant known as Liben. After discovering his whereabouts, Travelers may submit the required materials to him in exchange for a chance to open a Box o' Marvels and claim the rewards inside.

● Liben will appear at various locations across Teyvat throughout the event period.

● Liben will offer Travelers a total of 7 different Boxes o' Marvels. Each box can only be obtained once.

● Travelers can only gain 1 chance per day to open a Box o' Marvels. If the chance to open a box for the day is not used, it will remain available until the event ends. If necessary, Travelers can use all of their chances at once anytime before the event ends.

●Once the event is over, any unused chances to open Boxes o' Marvels will be lost. Don't forget to use your chances to claim rewards before the event ends!

Note: Different servers do not have the same server times. Travelers, please take note of the difference between server times and the time in your own time zone as follows:

America: UTC-5

Europe: UTC+1

Asia: UTC+8

TW, HK, MO: UTC+8

For PlayStation® users, please read this FAQ for more information if you are unsure about the server your account is on.

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/5314

Last edited:
Hit AR35, and did the domain to raise my world level to 4. Now it's just getting materials and books to level up my characters to 70. Think I might have enough to get one character close to 70.

Back