Genshin ImpactPS4 

Well I am enjoying my Nahida now I have her at talent Level 7 as went around a friend's world yesterday co-op bosses and we destroyed the Jade Plume Terrashroom, Electro Regisvine, Ruin Serpant, Thunder Manifestation, Cryo and Hydro Hypostatis in 5 minutes.

I don't think the Thunder Manifestation is gonna be a problem for me in the Abyss anymore, LOL.

I just realised something though, I forgot the version update schedule returns to normal for Version 3.4 of 6 weeks so I guess that 'speculation' about Hu-Tao could happen in 3.4 given if she releases on the 2nd phase she'd be after Chinese New Year for 2023, now I have to hope that is the case since I still neeed Staff of Homa for her!

Only needed one 10 roll to get what I wanted. Now just need one more for the mono elf team!
1E94C5FC-8D2E-4927-9CCD-B0DECCB3599A.png

For once since 3.0 dropped. I didn’t have to go past hard pity for the new four star. Was able to get Layla with a single 10 pull.
View attachment 1209291
Excellent! I still am waiting for her to drop I got another Thoma today but I will try again just at the end of the banner's and hope she drops and I haven't had a five star by then...

Special Program is back to Friday 25/11 and looks like Lumine is hosting for a change with Arataki Itto and The Wanderer.

Screenshot 2022-11-23 131754.jpg

Guess that probably means the leaked banners are likely correct but I would laugh loudly if Eula showed up with Raiden Shogun just to annoy everyone...

Seeing a post by tuonto on twitter reminded me of Spiral Abyss this time around. Floor 11 isn't bad to deal with. 11-3 is a couple geovishaps and then the dendro hypostasis, meaning you'll need a dendro character for the second half.
Floor 12 on the other hand... That was not fun.

12-1 is a bunch of electro wolves, so watching your HP is crucial as it drains rapidly with multiple hits from the wolves. Then you get to deal with the Thundering manifestation on the second half, limiting whatever teams you were wanting to begin with.

12-2 starts off with those husk knights that came with the Enkanomiya update. Don't use shields, otherwise it will buff the enemies. The second half is a few lawachurls, so be careful of the smash attacks.

12-3 can kiss my 🍑. The first half is that Aeronblight Drake ruin boss. Unlike the one in the overworld, this goes straight to the flying phase, so if you don't have a bow character, or, if you're lucky, a hyperbloom team, you can kiss 3 stars goodbye. The second half is a pair of fatui enemies with those two new major eremite enemies that summon animals. They are ridiculously tanky from what I remember, and the crocodile one having the earthquake effect didn't help, and neither did that electro totem buffing their defence. Got it done, but took too many retries to my liking, since it was mainly due to lack of DPS.
abyss 12.png

Oh and a bit late, but thanks to Lisa being in the store, I was able to finally unlock her C6, which when she spawns in, will grant 3 stacks to all enemies within a certain AoE, allowing instant max DPS from her holding skill. I started building her, and I think she's honestly going to be the best of the 3 original free characters by a considerable margin. 21k hits with a respectable crit ratio and only level 70 with level 7 talent. I'm drooling thinking about what it'll be like at level 90 with high levelled talents.

Seeing a post by tuonto on twitter reminded me of Spiral Abyss this time around. Floor 11 isn't bad to deal with. 11-3 is a couple geovishaps and then the dendro hypostasis, meaning you'll need a dendro character for the second half.
Floor 12 on the other hand... That was not fun.

12-1 is a bunch of electro wolves, so watching your HP is crucial as it drains rapidly with multiple hits from the wolves. Then you get to deal with the Thundering manifestation on the second half, limiting whatever teams you were wanting to begin with.

12-2 starts off with those husk knights that came with the Enkanomiya update. Don't use shields, otherwise it will buff the enemies. The second half is a few lawachurls, so be careful of the smash attacks.

12-3 can kiss my 🍑. The first half is that Aeronblight Drake ruin boss. Unlike the one in the overworld, this goes straight to the flying phase, so if you don't have a bow character, or, if you're lucky, a hyperbloom team, you can kiss 3 stars goodbye. The second half is a pair of fatui enemies with those two new major eremite enemies that summon animals. They are ridiculously tanky from what I remember, and the crocodile one having the earthquake effect didn't help, and neither did that electro totem buffing their defence. Got it done, but took too many retries to my liking, since it was mainly due to lack of DPS.
View attachment 1210130

Oh and a bit late, but thanks to Lisa being in the store, I was able to finally unlock her C6, which when she spawns in, will grant 3 stacks to all enemies within a certain AoE, allowing instant max DPS from her holding skill. I started building her, and I think she's honestly going to be the best of the 3 original free characters by a considerable margin. 21k hits with a respectable crit ratio and only level 70 with level 7 talent. I'm drooling thinking about what it'll be like at level 90 with high levelled talents.
Thanks for this!

Yet to try this Spiral Abyss but will keep your suggestions/tips in mind for my attempt.

Good to hear about Lisa, I also her 6th constellation so I guess I should really try to get some artefaccts for her and finish her talents and then have a look at her overall performance as I have always felt her potential but never had the time to work on her due to many other characters taking my interest!

Good to hear about Lisa, I also her 6th constellation so I guess I should really try to get some artefaccts for her and finish her talents and then have a look at her overall performance as I have always felt her potential but never had the time to work on her due to many other characters taking my interest!
I wanted to build her a long time ago, but constellations never seemed to come for her until recently. Her biggest problem was the fact a large chunk of her potential was locked behind that C6. It opens up a lot of different teams now, because you no longer have to do loads of taps for good damage.

I wanted to build her a long time ago, but constellations never seemed to come for her until recently. Her biggest problem was the fact a large chunk of her potential was locked behind that C6. It opens up a lot of different teams now, because you no longer have to do loads of taps for good damage.
Sounds good! Since I don't really have anyone to build right now it seems a good opportunity to finish her build since I had gotten her to 50 and then stopped.

It sounds like she's one of the few characters where it is actually worthwhile getting all the constellations.

Sounds good! Since I don't really have anyone to build right now it seems a good opportunity to finish her build since I had gotten her to 50 and then stopped.

It sounds like she's one of the few characters where it is actually worthwhile getting all the constellations.
Yeah I can’t believe the numbers I’m seeing before level 90 and at least 12 for the skill. 44k Hyperbloom/EC crits on her held skill. Lowkey insane, only issue is more frail than I thought, which makes sense because she was a free character.

Yeah I can’t believe the numbers I’m seeing before level 90 and at least 12 for the skill. 44k Hyperbloom/EC crits on her held skill. Lowkey insane, only issue is more frail than I thought, which makes sense because she was a free character.
Yeah makes sense. I did some checking of my materials and it seems I have enough books to build her talents to Level 9 and can get her to 90 no problem with a couple of Electro Hypostasis boss fights, only thing I'll need to farm is some Emblem of Severed Fate

Of course now that I decided this tonight the game did finally drop Layla on my main account so it will be a case of building them both over the coming weeks, Layla I already have good artefats for so that part ain't so much of a problem since I always find talent books/boss fight less pain to farm!

So the details for the Trading Card Game have been uploaded at Hoyoverse by Genshin Impact Official!

Must say I am kinda interested in it now especially since it seems like you can challenge all the cast with the weekly challenge invites, somehow I see myself playing against Yoimiya a lot!

What interests me the most though is is it looks as though the Cat's Tails is finally going to get an interior!

f9d481b77ec0c368c8975f2131bb997f_8308021860614414236.jpg

I know she probably won't appear but it would be funny to hear Diona's background voice muttering about the drunk customers if she were at the bar...

Well I've given it a bit of time but am I to conclude with the update file now being only a few hours away that there is no new character 'reveals' happening for Genshin 3.4?

I know of course there is the big Genshin leaks saga/discussion going on in the community right now but the fact that Hoyoverse have not followed the normal practice of past updates leads me to wonder if there will be a big change in banner reveals/announcements from now on.

I do not mind the wait, I prefer that/surprise from special program but what do you all think, will we see a huge change in how the characters are released now or will things still go as the leaks have said?

Well I've given it a bit of time but am I to conclude with the update file now being only a few hours away that there is no new character 'reveals' happening for Genshin 3.4?

I know of course there is the big Genshin leaks saga/discussion going on in the community right now but the fact that Hoyoverse have not followed the normal practice of past updates leads me to wonder if there will be a big change in banner reveals/announcements from now on.

I do not mind the wait, I prefer that/surprise from special program but what do you all think, will we see a huge change in how the characters are released now or will things still go as the leaks have said?
I think they just gonna show next characters a bit later due to the delay of Scara and Faruzan info

I think they just gonna show next characters a bit later due to the delay of Scara and Faruzan info
Hopefully! If there is nothing tomorrow or end of week I am treating 3.4 as no new characters.

Hopefully everyone gets who they want tomorrow, I am only after hopefully C2 Faruzan but a C6 would be a nice surprise!

EDIT:

Did my 20 pulls I could 'risk' on the main account, no 5 star but no Faruzan, I got a Yanfei and a Gorou, currently working my way through the tutorial for Genius Invokation since I ended up triggering the cut scene since I was at the alchemy station in Mondstadt.

The new domain is in the ancient temple valley where the end of Golden Slumber takes place but it's just outside the 'restricted' area if you haven't completed that quest so you can still get the new artefacts, my first run I got a circlet CR with CD subset of the anemo set so surely it's trying to tempt me to pull Wanderer...

EDIT 2:

Well my FTP account got Faruzan on the 1st pull and then amazingly the last pull was C1 Arataki Itto so I lost my guarantee but that was totally out of the blue and the second new wish banner the game has done that (Yoimiya in 3.2).

Faruzan is living up to my expectations, I have only got her to Lvl 70 but with a Lvl 90 Favinous Warbow and talents at Level 6 she is shredding stuff and 2 piece Emblem (need a Sands) so I imagine she is gonna deal big numbers when she gets to 90 and a full talent 9, I think she may well become the first triple crown, I really love the playstyle and I am not just saying that because she looks similar to Miku but I like the quick and fast play like Yomiya and Keqing and very little reaction time needed.

Will hopefully finish her off by Friday (I am low on Mora though) so I might do a full report at weekend after a couple days use....

Last edited:
The new characters, reportedly Alhaitham and Yaoyao, probably weren’t shown due to Hoyoverse going after major leakers like Ubatcha.

The new TCG game is actually quite fun. Lots of different strategies you can do and they all work. I currently utilize a normal attack deck with Yoimiya and it just takes big chunks out of the opposing cards.

Pro tip: always have the paimon cards and other elemental dice cards in your deck, as dice advantage seems to be a fairly common theme.

The new TCG game is actually quite fun. Lots of different strategies you can do and they all work. I currently utilize a normal attack deck with Yoimiya and it just takes big chunks out of the opposing cards.

Pro tip: always have the paimon cards and other elemental dice cards in your deck, as dice advantage seems to be a fairly common theme.
Do you know how you draw more of the support cards from the deck mid round? I noticed Keqing was able to use a lot more of those during the match than me?

I don't think it tells you in the tutorial unless I missed it?

Genshin Impact won the Players Choice awards. I think we should be expecting 800 primos from that.

Anyway, it's a great day because we got our new character reveals for 3.4.

First up is Alhaitham

Even more importantly, SHE'S FINALLY FREE! Yaoyao!

Genshin Impact won the Players Choice awards. I think we should be expecting 800 primos from that.

Anyway, it's a great day because we got our new character reveals for 3.4.

First up is Alhaitham

Even more importantly, SHE'S FINALLY FREE! Yaoy
Yup! I should have guessed they'd save the reveals for The Game Awards night, noted for future November announcements.

I'll be skipping Alhaitham as I do not like his personality much in game but will add a free YaoYao, my priority for 3.4 is to improve my Hu-Tao and get Staff of Homa.

I have to say I was pretty entertained about all the drama between Sonic Fans and Genshin Fans on Reddit/Twitter, about the whole Player Choice Awards. Wasn't even bothered to vote on it, until I saw some things, some bad, about Genshin and its players. Found it funny how the voting bots crashed the VGA's website, and during the awards ceremony. They mentioned, once they removed all the bot votes, the winner goes to Genshin Impact.

I have to say I was pretty entertained about all the drama between Sonic Fans and Genshin Fans on Reddit/Twitter, about the whole Player Choice Awards. Wasn't even bothered to vote on it, until I saw some things, some bad, about Genshin and its players. Found it funny how the voting bots crashed the VGA's website, and during the awards ceremony. They mentioned, once they removed all the bot votes, the winner goes to Genshin Impact.
Yeah it was quite the drama, a difficulty one for me since I am a fan of both games as I very much like Sonic the Hedgehog as well as Genshin so I gave my vote to Frontiers since Genshin had won before.

Things seem to be settling down but I have had quite a lot of message overload this week on this topic!

What did you guys name you Wanderer? I've named mine 9S. Seems very fitting for our trouble mecha-boy.

What did you guys name you Wanderer? I've named mine 9S. Seems very fitting for our trouble mecha-boy.
He probably will never have a name from me as unless there is some other event that requires Kazuha's story quest to be unlocked I am going to try and save the Wanderer's back story for later in 2023, I suspect that will cause me problems with future archon quests but I want to enjoy his story when I have more time rather than rushing through it as Xmas period is always very busy.

Plus I figure it's a good test of the game mechanics, name him when his wish is not up and see if it remembers it when I actually pull for him in 2023.

Sora. I looked up "fitting names for the Wanderer online" and just chose whatever felt nice :lol:
He probably will never have a name from me as unless there is some other event that requires Kazuha's story quest to be unlocked I am going to try and save the Wanderer's back story for later in 2023, I suspect that will cause me problems with future archon quests but I want to enjoy his story when I have more time rather than rushing through it as Xmas period is always very busy.

Plus I figure it's a good test of the game mechanics, name him when his wish is not up and see if it remembers it when I actually pull for him in 2023.
I don't think you will be able to complete any new Archon quests if you don't finish this one? There can be different requirements for world quests and story quests, but aren't you always required to complete the previous Archon quest to start the new one?

Speaking of that new Archon quest
I think it will mostly be interesting for those who've waited for Scaramouche since his very first appearance in that event quest. I'm however very interested in who was that person who talked with us in the very end. I thought of Rukkhadevata first of all, but she's like super dead, forgotten or not. Though Nahida talked to us in the similar way in the end of the summer quest. But could it be someone else? Don't see it being any other Archon, but maybe someone higher, like Istaroth?

I don't think you will be able to complete any new Archon quests if you don't finish this one? There can be different requirements for world quests and story quests, but aren't you always required to complete the previous Archon quest to start the new one?
Yes which is why I said it will be problems later for events and archon/story quests.

However it's fine, I'm not expecting any more new archon stuff until at least 3.5/3.6 by then I might be in the mood to learn more about Wanderer and co but not right now.

Last edited:
So new Spiral Abyss time for the next 15 days or so and I just did my first run attempts trying to comment it for my channel but
that didn't end well so I will just do the normal video style but I am gonna need my Raiden Shogun National Team so I am finally gonna finish building Xiangling on the main account as I have not done so yet which is probably a crime of some sorts in the community.

Benny and Xinqui are perfectly built I just need an energy recharge drop for Raiden and talents to finish Xiangling so that's the plan for my next week.

Here is the team stats so if you see any obvious 'problem's' do make suggestions folks, I really wanna get better at 36 star abyss more often!

Spiral Abyss 3-3.jpg

So in my reun I was thinking to have Team 1 - Raiden National and Team 2 would be Yae Miko, Sucrose, Kokomi and probably Yanfei or Yoimiya.

Floor 12 is okay until you get to 12-3, then it turns into Sponge Hell. Stupid rifthounds have way too much health that my Joymiya comp can't even do enough damage, even with a perfect first half terrorshroom. I'll have to mess around finding the ideal second half team, but I'm not happy with the amount of health they have.

Back