German autobahns

Nigeria
Nigeria
ikelaiho2001
sections or the whole Autobahns high speed races from town to town of this grate speed way.
16auto10.jpg
758px-German_Autobahn_1.jpg
800px-A_20_bei_Langsdorf.jpg
1998_010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you want to drive at a motorway limit of 100-120 km/h in a racing game? Why did you upload lots of the same photo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry my mistake i uploaded them in a hurry. And i think alot of the autobahns have no speed limit. its one of the most popular roads in Europe or even the World. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limits_in_Germany

That's a myth unfortunately. Only a couple of stretches of autobahn are free of speed limits. Besides, I don't think PD would encourage racing on public roads in GT. Would be good to include though, but it'll never happen.

That's a myth unfortunately. Only a couple of stretches of autobahn are free of speed limits. Besides, I don't think PD would encourage racing on public roads in GT. Would be good to include though, but it'll never happen.

Well.......I dont think its a myth, i have read about the and i have seen a documentary on the highway. And its more than a couple. I also know its one of the few places drivers can push their performance cars. well if Polyphony Digital can include the Japanese highways, the Seattle street circuit, the London street Circuit and Rome to mention a few, then i don't think there should be a problem with the Autobahns. Its big, beautiful, with cool scenery and is an extra ordinary piece of engineering. i think it will be a good addition to the granturismo series.
And finally Never Say Never with:gtpflag:

Dear non-Germans, especially US-Americans, greetings from a German citizen. It's nice that you have a kind of a romantic thinking about the German Autobahn, as a nation-wide highspeed racing road. In fact it is true that we haven't a speed limit in general for the Autobahn. BUT, they are many areas were it is limited, mostly to 120 km/h. Allways near to exits/enter to other Autobahn roads crossing, cities, airports etc.
But, it is not a myth that you can except of this limitations, drive legally as fast as you can. I drove several times, depending on the car, 250, bus also 280 km/h for some minutes.

Just to give you an idea, what Autobahns really means. For GT6, it is a bad idea, we already have Route X, which is like a Autobahn already, mostly pretty boring. Sorry guys.

If they took sections of the Autobahn, made it a point to point race then it could be pretty fun. Its probably better suited to an Outrun style game though with those aforementioned trucks

Upon reflection, I think that a twisty mountain road would be more fun for everyone, rahter than a long section of highway, no matter how culturally significant it may be. The same applies to the Route 66 suggestion.

Here is another german- ;-) In a game like GT6 i have nothing against a fast Autobahn-Sector. But for all of you i can say that in real live it´s not that always funny to drive here. In my opinion we should also have a speed limit like in most other countries. Cars are no toys and - surprise - there is no "play again"-button if you´re dead. If someone wants to race, ok. Than go on a racetrack. But if you drive here on the german Autobahn: For every dangerous idiot who think he is the reincarantion of Mr. Senna 1 Euro and i would be a rich man in a few weeks.........Sad but true......

Germany is where I work and spend most of my time when outside of my house, I live in France just a couple hundred meters from the German border.

Many times I´ve been thinking about how cool it would be to have some Autobahn sections replicated in Gran Turismo. However, the thing about Germany IMO is, driving fast on the Autobahn, we can do that at every minute of our free-time here if we wished to, to rent a very fast car is no problem either when you are 25+ years of age and can afford it.

There still are fairly enough unlimited sections, doesn´t necessarily have to be on an 'Autobahn', the closest unlimited road to me is a so called 'Bundesstrasse' the 'B9'. You can google-map that if you search for the way from 'Wörth am Rhein' to 'Germersheim'. I sometimes drive there if I feel like going fast, there are only two lanes each direction and it´s about 35km one way - then I turn around and pace the 35km back, then a full tank is already almost half empty :D.

Roads with no speed limits can get scary when you sit on the passenger seat and the wrong person tries to reach the top speed of his car though, I´ve had way too often experienced that. If you sit there and can´t do anything it feels like you are on a plane and aware it is flown by a maggoty pilot :nervous:.

People who do not think ahead are what makes the Autobahn a very dangerous place IMO. I´m against a total speed limit on all roads in Germany, I´m all for more explicit teaching at the driving schools of the dangers on the Autobahn and the right behaving to avoid dangerous situations such as thinking ahead, observe what the cars around you are doing, learn how to read the speed of a car closing up to you (that´s for the truck drivers pulling out, too. I am a truck driver in Germany too btw. I know about the issues, this could fill a whole thread - on another forum ;) ) use the right lane whenever it´s clear not middle or left (exceptions when at very high speeds - 180km/h+) and the most important advise and I just love this sentence: "Always reckon on the stupidity of the others".

To conclude, a long, even straight is not needed in the game IMO, as we already got that. Driving straights at high speeds isn´t really fun without sense of speed so I´d prefer the real deal. There are curvy winding smaller roads in Germany aswell and although there are speed limits on those roads just like anywhere else, the cost for fines are ridiculously low compared to other countries. Those roads are much more fun than every section on the Autobahn I know. Perhaps PD could scan a mountain pass over the Black Forest, instead?

Actually, there is one. The 'A81' is a very interesting Autobahn section, most of it is unlimited and there are plenty of long streched curves, nice scenery, couple of bridges and many height differences, the Manufacturers are testing cars there very frequently. If any, they should put this one in the game.

https://www.google.fr/maps/dir/AK+W...7ec65bd92!2m2!1d9.818177!2d49.74766!3e0?hl=de

Hah!! Maybe on a open-world GT game. Maybe. Altho' to be honest, HELL YEAH WHY THE HECK NOT I ENDORSE THIS!!

Back