German touring car championship woes

All of thoes cars are nice. The Opel Astra is a nice cars as well. You just have to know how to drive it. Who ever is loosing to a Alfa Romero on the Opera Circut in any Opel, Doesn't need to play anymore. Alfa Romero is FF drive. The slowest types of cars in the game is FF drive. You have to be able to say that any car you use for a race where it's compatible to the other 5 cars is a certified win. You just have to know how to drive. Point blank. And yes, I do think that I'm that hot at racing. I would challange anyone for the right price. 👍

Automotive
All of thoes cars are nice. The Opel Astra is a nice cars as well. You just have to know how to drive it. Who ever is loosing to a Alfa Romero on the Opera Circut in any Opel, Doesn't need to play anymore. Alfa Romero is FF drive. The slowest types of cars in the game is FF drive. You have to be able to say that any car you use for a race where it's compatible to the other 5 cars is a certified win. You just have to know how to drive. Point blank. And yes, I do think that I'm that hot at racing. I would challange anyone for the right price. 👍

Ah. Alfa Romeo 155 V6 DTM is 4WD.

Automotive
You just have to know how to drive. Point blank. And yes, I do think that I'm that hot at racing. I would challange anyone for the right price. 👍

You should check out the Weekly Race Series, there's a link in my signature. There's plenty of hot racers in there, you'd feel right at home! Hope to see you there... 👍

The amount of DTM cars in GT4 is definately convinced me to buy the game since i'm such a big fan of the real series. Seriously, in JGTC there is little or no action or overtaking, but in DTM there is plenty.

Anyway, I have won the series with all the DTM cars so far (except the TT which I will purcahse soon) on A-Spec and B-Spec and it isn't too hard. If you're finding one race such as Opera difficult learn the track, or qualify to get further up the grid.

I used the Calibra in that race(B-Spec for fast cash) with no problem. Wins most races easily, occasionally getting a 2nd place finish.
bossmonkey20
Hey all,

I searched for some information about the german touring car championship already and most of the threads say that the CLK DTM is the best way to go. However, I just won a CALIBRA touring car and tried to do the championship with racing medium tires and a level two turbo kit equipped and got my ass handed to me by about 23 seconds on the opera paris circuit. The frustrating part was that I drove each lap perfectly and the lead Alfa Romeo just kept getting farther and farther. On top of that, I could barely maintain fifth place......

Which leads me to my question, is it possible to win with the calibra without nitrous and maxing out the horsepower?

Thx in advance

hitman146
the calibra touring car is **** tryy wtth the clk touring car you win in the legend of silver arrow
ps. where did you win the calibra car

You can win it in the "Opel Manufacutre race" and how do you know the Calibra is **** if you don't have one. Get one first, then judge. You'll be suprised................

CrackHoor
You should check out the Weekly Race Series, there's a link in my signature. There's plenty of hot racers in there, you'd feel right at home! Hope to see you there... 👍

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

EGFerio
Ah. Alfa Romeo 155 V6 DTM is 4WD.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that one. It's pretty good for a DTM. Astra DTM is better to me bacause it's FR. Better handling and not too much taction as 4WD. I love 4WD cars, but for Opera of paris track I find it to stiff for cornering.

Automotive
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that one. It's pretty good for a DTM. Astra DTM is better to me bacause it's FR. Better handling and not too much taction as 4WD. I love 4WD cars, but for Opera of paris track I find it to stiff for cornering.

Well if you forgot about the Touring Car Alfa, I'd like to know what car you were thinking of in a thread entitled "German Touring Car C'Ship woes"... :boggled:

Will hopefully get my A4 a Stage 4 turbo... thing is, Im 100miles from home, so getting my brother to do stuff for me doesnt always work. Hence why I got lumped with an S3 turbo - i never buy them. Stage 1, 2 maybe, bout 3 is no point - a little more cash and you get a lot more power. :crazy:

RenesisEvo
Well if you forgot about the Touring Car Alfa, I'd like to know what car you were thinking of in a thread entitled "German Touring Car C'Ship woes"... :boggled:

Will hopefully get my A4 a Stage 4 turbo... thing is, Im 100miles from home, so getting my brother to do stuff for me doesnt always work. Hence why I got lumped with an S3 turbo - i never buy them. Stage 1, 2 maybe, bout 3 is no point - a little more cash and you get a lot more power. :crazy:

I forgot it was a 4WD because it the only one. The Astra is still better no matter how you put it.

Automotive
I forgot it was a 4WD because it the only one. The Astra is still better no matter how you put it.

How much I enjoyed the Astra in GT3, I havet yet to drive the Audi A4, TT-R, or Alfa 155. Only the Merc currently - and i quite liked it (when stock it beat an SLR by 20secs on the Ring - and that was the 5th time i driven around the Ring :D). So ill be reserving my judgement until then. Dont ever think "x car is rubbish ill never drive it". Play with it, make it work - it might surprise you. TK ZZIII in GT3 - i hated it, never drove it. Came back to it a year later (real time), set it up and it went like a dream :dopey:

I've won this one on my very first try with a tuned Mercedes 190 Evolution II Race Car '92. Tried it a few days ago again with that same car, but now untuned, and won every race very easily, Paris also. In lap 2 I overtook the Mercedes CLK, but couldn't get away from him, so it was a close finish.:)

I'm sorry I did not go through all the threads that were posted, but nearly half of them talk about Opel and Audi. I personnally think the easiest way to do this championship is to use the Mercedes 190 Touring car, because you can win it. Of course, it won't get you anywhere without a turbo, but what's 45 000 Cr compared to 450 000 Cr?

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not trying to finish the game with the smallest number of cars.

GT4Mania
I'm sorry I did not go through all the threads that were posted, but nearly half of them talk about Opel and Audi. I personnally think the easiest way to do this championship is to use the Mercedes 190 Touring car, because you can win it. Of course, it won't get you anywhere without a turbo, but what's 45 000 Cr compared to 450 000 Cr?

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not trying to finish the game with the smallest number of cars.

Huh? My opinion is that it's really easy to win with it without changing anything.

RenesisEvo
How much I enjoyed the Astra in GT3, I havet yet to drive the Audi A4, TT-R, or Alfa 155. Only the Merc currently - and i quite liked it (when stock it beat an SLR by 20secs on the Ring - and that was the 5th time i driven around the Ring :D). So ill be reserving my judgement until then. Dont ever think "x car is rubbish ill never drive it". Play with it, make it work - it might surprise you. TK ZZIII in GT3 - i hated it, never drove it. Came back to it a year later (real time), set it up and it went like a dream :dopey:

I don't now if this was indicated to me. I think it was because you quoted me AGAIN. I never said that the Alfa DTM 4WD is rubbish. Most of this topic only talked about 3 cars and a lot of people think that the Astra is Rubbish for a particular track. I just confirmed that it's not true and did the comparison of the 2 cars (Astra Vs. Alfa) on the Opera of Paris track.

The Opel Astra is the best car I feel. I leave it as is (no turbo upgrade) and both myself & B-specy get 1st all the time-no contest--I've won with the Merc.CLK DTM, Audi TT, Alfa, Calibra, but the one thing I've noticed about the Alfa, and the Calibra is their 'lb.ft torque' is 1\2 of what everyone elses is, and that is my complaint about those vehicles(no get up and go!)

GT4Mania

For the Mercedes 190 Evo II you don't need any upgrades. It's already very easy to win with it stock.:)

Group C Fanatic
The amount of DTM cars in GT4 is definately convinced me to buy the game since i'm such a big fan of the real series. Seriously, in JGTC there is little or no action or overtaking, but in DTM there is plenty.

Anyway, I have won the series with all the DTM cars so far (except the TT which I will purcahse soon) on A-Spec and B-Spec and it isn't too hard. If you're finding one race such as Opera difficult learn the track, or qualify to get further up the grid.

You can win the DTM TT-R somewhere, so you can save your money for something else.

So for the DTM Champ., the Mercedes CLK Touring you win @ Silver Arrow is the best car?
Talking of A-Spec pts, does this car gives a good amount of it? Or... are there other cars...?!

Another question, as for the Pan Euro Champ. , what is best car to use (in term of A-Spec pts)?

bossmonkey20
Hey all,

I searched for some information about the german touring car championship already and most of the threads say that the CLK DTM is the best way to go. However, I just won a CALIBRA touring car and tried to do the championship with racing medium tires and a level two turbo kit equipped and got my ass handed to me by about 23 seconds on the opera paris circuit. The frustrating part was that I drove each lap perfectly and the lead Alfa Romeo just kept getting farther and farther. On top of that, I could barely maintain fifth place......

Which leads me to my question, is it possible to win with the calibra without nitrous and maxing out the horsepower?

Thx in advance

I know this answer is a little late however, I will offer it anyway for what it is worth.

I know it is possible to win this series (first in all races) with the Calibra without nitrous. In my opinion, nitrous does very little for you on circuits such as Opera Paris other than on say the back straight. On the other hand, winning it without maxing out the HP in the Calibra can/will be quite the challenge for you. In other words, it will fully depend on your driving and patience in tuning. Here is the interesting thing- IMHO, you won the Calibra at a tougher venue than here. The Opel speedster races are a tough nut to crack for most folks. That makes me think you are fully capable of winning at the challenge you are faced with here.

It has been some time since I played with this series with this car so I don't have exact details on how I set mine up but I can tell you in general some things I remember.

To begin with, the Calibra is a bit of a challenge if you ask me (it was even more so in GT3). In GT4, it tends to push when turning and at the same time, if you over drive it, it tends to have the butt swing out on you. You need to tune that out and that can be a bit of a challenge.

On tracks such as Opera you also need to give it plenty of suspension travel and soften up the suspension to absorb the bumps.

As I recall, the Calibra is really short on torque so I think I set my gears so I would run higher RPMs but leave enough room at the top for higher top end tracks like Fuji and Midfield.

I think I set my toe at F/R 1/-1 and that seemed to help some in the turning.

I also think the trick to driving the Calibra is the very thing that allowed you the win at the Speedster races. Hit your apexes and keep your momentum.

Good Luck!

phattboy

Had there not been another Abt Audi, my races would have been 28 A-Spec apeice. Instead, it was 9. Usually when the race is at around 10 A-Spec, the cars are basically equal to yours.

I re-ran the DTM after having won it long ago. As it turned out, the Abt Audi TT-R owned the competition. The only tracks it didn't do well was Opera Paris and Nurburgring Nordschleife, both of which I did in B-Spec. The key factor for me winning Fuji 2005 GT (I hope F1 NEVER sees this track, they already have Suzuka) was that I qualified for the top. Since I didn't want anyone else getting any cheap shots, as soon as my position read "1," I quickly exitted the Practice session!

So, get the Audi TT-R. Need money? I've ran and re-ran the Costa di Amalfi Easy race series, made 10K, sold the Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car for about 265,624. I think it's easier than re-running a long Championship Series.

Basically, at the end of the story, doesn't matter what you use because you win anyway... Alfa, Merc, Audi or Opel.... the beauty of GT!!!!!! 👍

JohnBM01
Need money? I've ran and re-ran the Costa di Amalfi Easy race series, made 10K, sold the Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car for about 265,624. I think it's easier than re-running a long Championship Series.

And you dont need more than a B license to do it 👍 its my preferred method, especially cos i get to drive my Renault 5 Turbo :sly:

The Audi TT-R costs 100K Cr. more than the A4 DTM racer, has more horsepower, and actually better performance. I'm not saying the A4 DTM car is a bad buy, it's just that I've liked the Abt Audi TT-R a bit more. To prove it, here are some times I've posted at Hong Kong Normal for comparison:

Audi A4 Touring Car - 1:20.007
Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car - 1:21.436
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car - 1:25.352
BLITZ ER34 D1 Spec 2004 - 1:28.648
Amuse CarbonR (R34) 2004 - 1:28.861

Even though I clocked a faster time in the A4 DTM (I'm sorry. I hate calling DTM race cars "Touring Cars." They pack big power and performance that's un-touring car), the Abt Audi TT-R looks and performs like it means business. When I redid the DTM, I left my Audi TT-R with no horsepower mods, kept the Racing Mediums, and had only an oil change. Won 3 out of 5 races. I think the last time, I had the Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI race car from 1993.

If you're not sure about how your car would perform in GT Mode, you can always jump into Arcade Mode and test your car out anywhere, free of charge. Whatever car you buy or earn, if it's not in Arcade Mode initially, you'll have it in Arcade Mode. So you are free to change your mind about any given car at any time if you like its performance. But I think the TT-R is great.

Back