Get rid of game save protection!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gamerwillz
  • 47 comments
  • 3,901 views
Messages
270
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Messages
Gamerwillz
I've spend hell a lot of my time and effort to get the licenses done, and some of the toughest events in Special Events. I cannot afford to lose all of that effort when my PS3 breaks down or game save becomes corrupted. It's like losing a leg or arm. I just can't afford to lose it! I will be absolutely MAD if anything bad happens.

1.03 patch out, still protected. Brilliant!
 
How many people ever backed up their save games? I know I never did. All of a sudden now you know you cant people are freaking out! I dont get it. I am planning on getting a new PS3 at some point in the future and if I cant reproduce my save game I get the fun of doing it all again :)
 
True but after my first YLOD I might actually use it.
 
How many people ever backed up their save games? I know I never did. All of a sudden now you know you cant people are freaking out! I dont get it. I am planning on getting a new PS3 at some point in the future and if I cant reproduce my save game I get the fun of doing it all again :)

*Raises hand*
 
So from what I gather even if you backed up your entire HDD, GT5 would not be present when you uploaded the data????? I find that hard to believe. Just back your entire hard drive up and you're good to go.... At least you will not be at ground zero.
 
How many people ever backed up their save games? I know I never did. All of a sudden now you know you cant people are freaking out! I dont get it. I am planning on getting a new PS3 at some point in the future and if I cant reproduce my save game I get the fun of doing it all again :)

Agreed my last ps3 died when i was about to finish mafia 2 so i had to do it again on my new one a very short game turned into a long one lol. I dont know why people are so worried either unless they have recently converted to the ps3 from the you know what console. And before anyone says the ps3 that died had 3 years of heavy usage so it was bound to happen eventually.
 
if I cant reproduce my save game I get the fun of doing it all again :)

Good luck spending 5000 hours to get to level 40 again!

So from what I gather even if you backed up your entire HDD, GT5 would not be present when you uploaded the data????? I find that hard to believe. Just back your entire hard drive up and you're good to go.... At least you will not be at ground zero.

Answering to this - even if you back up your whole hard drive, you can't restore it onto a different PS3 because each console's file system is encrypted with a different key. All you can do, is put that backup on a new hard drive in the same PS3. However, if you can back savegames up, that means you can save them to a flash drive and put back where and when you want.
 
If you did it once you can do it again. hahaha
 
I think I would give up on GT5 if my save file became corrupt or my PS3 died, I just could not spend the time doing all the early races or licence tests
 
How many people ever backed up their save games? I know I never did. All of a sudden now you know you cant people are freaking out! I dont get it. I am planning on getting a new PS3 at some point in the future and if I cant reproduce my save game I get the fun of doing it all again :)

There was no fun getting to level 30 for me. If I loose my data I don't know what I will do. The fun for me is getting onlkine and racing with friends. Doing everything again would be devastating. Please lift copy protection. Please 👎

Kai....
 
I back up my files after 2 YLOD, and it pisses me off to see I can'T backup this one. I don'T want to start this all over again...
 
can I just ghost the HDD in my ps3 to another and be done with it?
 
Some people are legitimately upset, but honestly most people just want to be able to download a cheat profile.

I think the simple way to solve this issue is just to allow an option to "backup save file online" and it saves your profile on the GT5 servers with your settings, then only your user name can use them when logged in. That will make it so if your PS3 breaks it will be available online if you simply log into GT5 in your old profile, and people can't cheat by just loading a dummy profile with all the stuff unlocked.
 
People who are saying...done it once do it again...We have lives believe it or not and let's be honest...who wants to repeat something they already did unless it's absolutely necessary?

Next patch to come out is to allow us to back up save games though...so this thread is useless as are the other 2 before it now. Patch coming...just got to wait.
 
Some people are legitimately upset, but honestly most people just want to be able to download a cheat profile.

I think the simple way to solve this issue is just to allow an option to "backup save file online" and it saves your profile on the GT5 servers with your settings, then only your user name can use them when logged in. That will make it so if your PS3 breaks it will be available online if you simply log into GT5 in your old profile, and people can't cheat by just loading a dummy profile with all the stuff unlocked.

What about those without internet connections to their ps3's?

Next patch to come out is to allow us to back up save games though...so this thread is useless as are the other 2 before it now. Patch coming...just got to wait.

Source?
 
Good luck spending 5000 hours to get to level 40 again!



Answering to this - even if you back up your whole hard drive, you can't restore it onto a different PS3 because each console's file system is encrypted with a different key. All you can do, is put that backup on a new hard drive in the same PS3. However, if you can back savegames up, that means you can save them to a flash drive and put back where and when you want.

Roger that.. makes sense.. I was aware of the flash method... but yea I can see how it sucks to not be able to back up save files.
 
And no, I'm not gonna download a 100% game save or cheat. Gran Turismo is useless if cheated.

All I want is a backup!
 
I have got a External HDD to back up on , but saving the GT5 Game Save file onto my USB Stick would be so much nicer , Id feel better knowing its there . I hope the fix it , GT5 is a big game and copyright for what ? They didnt mind in GT5P, :indiff:
 
*Raises hand*

👍 Back in GT3/4 days I'd have an all gold game that had no races, only licenses and challanges. Any time I wanted to start a new game and didn't want to "start over" I just copied my gold game to a new game and off I went. To bad you can't do that in GT5...
 
People who are saying...done it once do it again...We have lives believe it or not and let's be honest...who wants to repeat something they already did unless it's absolutely necessary?

Agreed. I reckon that, if I were 15, I wouldn't bother having my save file deleted. But now that I'm starting university, my time will be limited. I don't want to play the game all over again, I just want to have fun with it when I have time.
 
Hi.
My ps3 blue-ray drive stopped working 1 week after GT5 relase date.
I took a entire backup of the ps3 on ex. hdd before I sent it to Sony for repair.
Now I'm borrowing a brand new ps3 in the meantime. So I restored the backup on this system, and now I can't find the GT5 savegame anywhere ?? When I start the game, all my progress and settings are deleted. Where is my savegame ???? :nervous:
What do I have to do in order to get it back??
 
People wanting save protection removed aren't looking to "cheat", come on. 👎 Think what would happen if you lost your save, you'd turn the game on and no Top Gear track, no 24hr Nurburgring track. Everything would be locked again. I know some would find this "fun" to replay everything but that isn't fun, that's terribly annoying and they really need to let us back up our progress. If the game had the arcade mode with all tracks unlocked I'd seriously not be too put out about losing my save but needing to have these things unlocked means I DO NOT want to lose my save/progress. C'mon PD, please change this! :scared:
 
Hi.
My ps3 blue-ray drive stopped working 1 week after GT5 relase date.
I took a entire backup of the ps3 on ex. hdd before I sent it to Sony for repair.
Now I'm borrowing a brand new ps3 in the meantime. So I restored the backup on this system, and now I can't find the GT5 savegame anywhere ?? When I start the game, all my progress and settings are deleted. Where is my savegame ???? :nervous:
What do I have to do in order to get it back??


The backup only works for the original ps3 it was created from... welcome to the world of copy protected game saves. :scared:
 
Thats really bad, now I have to suffer because of cheaters. Everything I do in GT5 the coming weeks will be deleted when I get the other ps3 back from repair ...

Well let's hope yamuchi keeps his word, and add the backup online feature in late december.
 
There was a way around this when you wanted to move save copy protected data to a new PS3. I ran into this problem when the HDD in my PS3 went out the first time. I did the back-up function and when I reloaded the info was not there or so it appeared. After talking to Sony customer support and some people on other forums. I created a new profile on the new PS3 with the exact same name as my profile on the original. For example: if the name on you profile on the old PS3 was Bill, you will need to have the exact same name on the new PS3 / HDD. After doing this I was able access my content. So unless one of the updates that has been released has removed this option. It should still work of course you will need to have the same PSN that you used before.

My 40GB died last night but, I was able to get it to come back on a few hours later and it stayed on and worked while I did the data transfer to the new PS3 slim. 3 hours later I was back up and running and my data is there and working fine. Notice I did not have to do what I did in the above post since it was not a Hard-drive issue this time around.

I assume that the above mention method only worked, because I was putting the hard drive into the same PS3.
 
How many people ever backed up their save games?

I have many PS3 saves backed up on two different devices. The first one I bought specifically as a back up.

It's just common sense IMO.

Thats really bad, now I have to suffer because of cheaters.

Only ones to blame are the ones who locked the saves. I'm fairly sure no players did that.
 
I'll repeat it once again. I have 2 Ps3 in 2 different locations. So this copy protected save is really preventing me from playing continualy.
 
Back