Ghost turning ONLINE

  • Thread starter Thread starter curtis_boy
  • 37 comments
  • 5,126 views
Messages
318
Messages
curtis_boy
Have any of you noticed this one where dudes are hitting about 150 right berfore the turn press start so the car goes ghost, automatically aligns , and automatically slows down the car without braking then the player quickly unpuases and finishes the turn. I never noticed this until my friend said "I see yall ghost riding the whip" and then he explained to me what they were doing. No wonder I was making these turns right next to them and they would go right through me or they would unpause and i would get smacked off the road.
 
Last edited:
it happens when you get a penalty by crushing players/walls or cutting corners
 
and when you LAP a opponent he also turns into a ghost:)
 
and when you LAP a opponent he also turns into a ghost:)

they should do that in Aspec too! Or, you know, actually get out of the fricking way ;)
 
they should do that in Aspec too! Or, you know, actually get out of the fricking way ;)

They do get sort of out of the way in A-spec.
 
They do get sort of out of the way in A-spec.

Sometimes they try, sometimes they don't, either way they don't do it well enough.
 
Am I the first person to this thread who knows what the OP is talking about? People fling their car into turns, press the pause button, the AI to assumes control and keeps the car on the road in an impossible way, then un-pause to continue driving... voila.
 
Am I the first person to this thread who knows what the OP is talking about? People fling their car into turns, press the pause button, the AI to assumes control and keeps the car on the road in an impossible way, then un-pause to continue driving... voila.

No, I know what he's on about, people are cheating/glitching online, what's new, it's why I haven't even bothered to race online yet.
 
Am I the first person to this thread who knows what the OP is talking about? People fling their car into turns, press the pause button, the AI to assumes control and keeps the car on the road in an impossible way, then un-pause to continue driving... voila.

No, I know what he's on about, people are cheating/glitching online, what's new, it's why I haven't even bothered to race online yet.



Yea thats what im talking about but the other posts lol you guys should definitely read first before posting
 
Yea thats what im talking about but the other posts lol you guys should definitely read first before posting

Well at least those guys won't be doing the cheat, if they don't know what you are on about.:sly:
 
People really will do anything to cheat, won't they. PD should easily be able to sort it though, just completely take away control and leave the car freewheeling as if no controller is connected upon pausing like most games do online.
 
Someone accused me of this last night while racing on the ring in my Mazda6 Touring car. I didn't hit anything and I was in control the whole time, the guy I had just passed had gone ghost as he was sliding off the road, so I'm thinking maybe the game turned us both ghost because he screwed up before he could hit me.
 
Someone accused me of this last night while racing on the ring in my Mazda6 Touring car. I didn't hit anything and I was in control the whole time, the guy I had just passed had gone ghost as he was sliding off the road, so I'm thinking maybe the game turned us both ghost because he screwed up before he could hit me.

It probably did, or at least turned him ghost, it used to do that sometimes on GT5p.
 
I know what you're talking about, however I've never seen it happen.

You know what I HAVE seen though? My car jump out from the side of the road when I press start to send a message after having parked. I then quickly react and press start to stop it, but that makes me whole again. BAM. T-boned by somebody doing 200+. :lol:

Yes, I do know that holding down the brake before pressing start keeps you still.
 
It probably did, or at least turned him ghost, it used to do that sometimes on GT5p.

Yeah he was definitely ghost I saw him. Then I heard him get back on the road behind me and say "look at Tommy glitchin there".
 
Yup, should be like prologue, if you pause, nothing will control the car.

Somebody should report this glitch immediately to kaz :)
 
Yeah he was definitely ghost I saw him. Then I heard him get back on the road behind me and say "look at Tommy glitchin there".

He probably tried to punt you off and was angry because it didn't work and so he decided to try and claim you must have been cheating, he may even believe that to be the case.:lol:
 
He probably tried to punt you off and was angry because it didn't work and so he decided to try and claim you must have been cheating, he may even believe that to be the case.:lol:

lol thats basically what happened I would guess, this guy was ahead of me, I was putting the pressure on, he legitimately blew the turn (3 turns before the long back straight on the ring) and hit the dirt/wall. I sailed by as he was trying to cut back on and he ended up behind me claiming I was glitching because I didn't completely bomb the turn like he did lol.
 
When you press start your car is automatically aligned and driven in the correct direction.
Dudes are tapping pause to align there car perfectly from top speed to low speed without braking instantly.

This is going to get out of hand im surprised only a few have witnessed this?
 
lol thats basically what happened I would guess, this guy was ahead of me, I was putting the pressure on, he legitimately blew the turn (3 turns before the long back straight on the ring) and hit the dirt/wall. I sailed by as he was trying to cut back on and he ended up behind me claiming I was glitching because I didn't completely bomb the turn like he did lol.

yea I believe GT5 knows when the person is making a legitimate close turn with another player and when he is trying to crash you purposely. but since GT5 made you go ghost unvoluntarily to protect you from the idiot in his eyes you pressed start to do the glitch then quickly unpaused.
 
All the cheaters & wall riding scum have a new cheat to play with, shame on them!


:sick:
 
if thats true about ppl using ghost to race , they are LOOSERS, and even using that cheat , they cannot win a race. i can assure that.
 
if thats true about ppl using ghost to race , they are LOOSERS, and even using that cheat , they cannot win a race. i can assure that.

Well whats good is that it does tremendously slow the car down so all this really does is prevent a wreck. If you are faster than them and catching up and they do this glitch you are still gonna get around them. The problem is when 2 people are wrecking one will get away the other won't. Also I noticed it needs to be done at the right time, if they're too far gone they will still hit the wall or whatever.

I admittedly have done this pause trick when someone was intentionally trying to ram me off the road on a straightaway, worked pretty well to give them a taste of their own medicine.

I hope this doesn't become more prevalent...
 
Explains how people in SSR7 take the turns so well. They fly right pass me in the turns doing double the speed I can do it. Always made me scratch my head.
 
Is that really any faster? Lol.

I think I've actually seen this now that you mention it, because I noticed someone going ghost and I couldn't figure out why at the time. I'm pretty sure they hit pause now that I've heard about this. But I haven't had any issues online with cheaters outside of bad kids who try to take you out in the corners.


But I can see this as being useful if you are traveling very fast and a pileup occurs in front of you. You could hit pause and ghost through it.
 
Yup, should be like prologue, if you pause, nothing will control the car.

Somebody should report this glitch immediately to kaz :)

The FORCE!
star-wars-the-force-unleashed-starkiller-push-artwork-big.jpg


I hope this isn't considered as advertising:ouch:
 
This is why I don't understand why everyone has such a hard-on for online play. It is so hit or miss. Most of the time all you see is people punting, pitting, e-brake turning, using track exploits and now this. That is why I won't even touch online unless it's good friends. Even GT Academy is overflowing with cheaters.
 
This is why I don't understand why everyone has such a hard-on for online play. It is so hit or miss. Most of the time all you see is people punting, pitting, e-brake turning, using track exploits and now this. That is why I won't even touch online unless it's good friends. Even GT Academy is overflowing with cheaters.

I knew online would be like that going in, so what I do is look for lower HP rooms and give em a shot, if I get some good races I friend the host and others, if it sucks I leave. I spent about a week with on and off frustration, now I have a decent friend list and I just go play where they are playing. Yeah you get the occasional douche, but basically its usually good. Also when I host the room I set tight restrictions, the players stay, and the morons usually leave because they never care enough to have a car that can fit into the regs.

Also I avoid high HP rooms or unlimited rooms. I don't even bother buying Group C or LMP cars anymore, because any room they can run in invariably becomes overrun with X2010's or FGT's. HP limited rooms (around 500 or less) are still great fun and fast enough.
 
Also I avoid high HP rooms or unlimited rooms.

Agreed. Some of the most fun rooms I have been in are the ones where they limit everyone to the same default car. BTW, love that 155, if it shows up in the UCD I'm all over it.:)
 
Agreed. Some of the most fun rooms I have been in are the ones where they limit everyone to the same default car. BTW, love that 155, if it shows up in the UCD I'm all over it.:)

Thanks, its my favorite car. I traded for it in the marketplace here. Add me on PSN I have some cool pics of it (my profile pic its got both right side wheels in the air hehe).
 
Back