Ghost turning ONLINE

  • Thread starter Thread starter curtis_boy
  • 37 comments
  • 5,126 views
Yea I make a room called Race Wars Various HP and I do a random track and random hp limit after every race alot of my friends and good racers join every nignt.
 
It depends on the level of penalty. If the penalty are set to high and you enter the corner too fast you're gonna ghost if another car is next to you. Happen to me in Roma on the 2nd turn twice in a row, I dont see why they woudl use that trick here since it's a pretty fast corner and it woudl ruin there race.

If it really exist then it's sad but I never race someone using it.
 
I played online for the first time the other day (wasn't racing, just messing about with my mate on the nord) and realised the computer takes control while paused, and thought there was potential for people cheat with it.

The worst thing about online was when me and my mate were messing about people joining driving their X1 around complaining that we weren't starting the race (I was driving a mini, my mate in his 240) so I did and they just went off in their x1. That said when the other players have a faster car (the x1 is too fast) and you have to fight to keep up it's much more fun than just driving away from other people.
 
Oh wow, it happened to me a few times tonight, I thought the game just made him ghost because they knew he was going to hit me. I will call people out heavily for doing this online and they will get booted. I still had no problem winning btw.
 
Have any of you noticed this one where dudes are hitting about 150 right berfore the turn press start so the car goes ghost, automatically aligns , and automatically slows down the car without braking then the player quickly unpuases and finishes the turn. I never noticed this until my friend said "I see yall ghost riding the whip" and then he explained to me what they were doing. No wonder I was making these turns right next to them and they would go right through me or they would unpause and i would get smacked off the road.

That actually works? I so want to try this (I normally only play online in drift lobbies, reasons like this why i don't bother race competitively)
 
No matter what kind of online game you take, the community will always find a way to ruin it. They will always find a exploit that ruins the gameplay. Just look at GT5, the majority is racing dirty, duping cars, birthday glitching and now they use the "start" glitch to become faster.

Thats the reason why I prefer offline mode...
Practise mode and Grand Valley 300/Laguna Seca 200... Makes much more fun than those cheap online races. Come on, most of the guys playing online are to scared to drive without spin-recovery.
 
No matter what kind of online game you take, the community will always find a way to ruin it. They will always find a exploit that ruins the gameplay. Just look at GT5, the majority is racing dirty, duping cars, birthday glitching and now they use the "start" glitch to become faster.

Thats the reason why I prefer offline mode...
Practise mode and Grand Valley 300/Laguna Seca 200... Makes much more fun than those cheap online races. Come on, most of the guys playing online are to scared to drive without spin-recovery.

If you just jump into online I agree with you, but if you're willing to put some time into it, searching for good rooms and friending clean good players its WAY more fun playing against live people who make real mistakes, or who can really out drive you. It does take a decent amount of effort, but IMO its worth it.
 
Back