GHOSTBUSTERS!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kyrstin_0420
  • 43 comments
  • 3,425 views
Messages
14
United States
United States
Recently in the updated on GTS. There was a new ghosting added that can not be shut off. I have called and posted before and just told the same thing everytime. Why is it so hard to put an off switch on it. Not everyone wants ghosting on all the time. RUBBIN' IS RACING! We want our lobbys back with the choice of ghosting I know I have many who stand behind me on this choice. Let us decide if we want ghosting! GIVE ME AN OFF SWITCH! GHOSTBUSTERS!!!!
 
Gt sport once again has broken the game with the previous update. For talking about being a true racing simulator, they ruined the game by instituting ghosting without being able to disable it. Before the last update ghosting could be turned off. Call Sony and they said it was an error in the code. Its ruining the fun in the dirty rooms as well. I'm not playing until this **** is fixed.
 
I think this is the first thread I've read from someone moaning they can't hit, or get hit, by anyone.:dopey:

No ghosting works perfectly in my lobby so it's likely an intermittent bug having prerequisites to trigger it. I've seen it in daily races a few times where cars stay solid and can drive through each other but I think that's down to a bug with one or the other drivers having penalties. Very hit and miss (definitely a pun:lol:) whether the car is solid or not.

Welcome to GTP btw.:gtpflag:
 
If this is true, it would kill any interest I have in online racing. Can we seriously not turn off ghosting in our own lobbies? Really? WTF!!!


:banghead: :boggled: 🤬 :confused: :crazy: :dunce: :eek: :( :sick: :irked: :mad: :nervous: :ouch: :rolleyes: :scared: 👎 :yuck: :grumpy:



EDIT: Seems like it may just be a bug...let's hope it can be fixed.

Call Sony and they said it was an error in the code.
 
Last edited:
This is not a bug, its by design, when the game detect a “unavoidable” collision the game ghosts the car that is about to get hit, its been like that for a while now, even with the ghosting turned off completely.
 
Not in online lobbys you create yourself this has been an option that cant be shut off for about a week now since the previous update. You've been able to shut it off up until now.
 
If you turn off everything(include flagrules) then cars dont become ghosts when they crash or doing weird things.
I hate ghost cars so this "every safety rule OFF + flagrules OFF" is the setting im running my lobby all the time. If someone exploit this and cut track to much/often = kick :mad:
But i noticed a car become ghost now when you start chat while driving :D

GT-Sucks :D
 
Recently in the updated on GTS. There was a new ghosting added that can not be shut off. I have called and posted before and just told the same thing everytime. Why is it so hard to put an off switch on it. Not everyone wants ghosting on all the time. RUBBIN' IS RACING! We want our lobbys back with the choice of ghosting I know I have many who stand behind me on this choice. Let us decide if we want ghosting! GIVE ME AN OFF SWITCH! GHOSTBUSTERS!!!!

If I understand you correctly, this is not related to the Ghosting option in race settings. Rather, it's the AutoDrive option that dirty drivers use on demand to cheat.

Turn off AutoDrive in lobbies and these incidents disappear.
 
No its car collision that's the issue the only way to stop it kind of is to turn on penalties. I want an off switch is all
 
No its car collision that's the issue the only way to stop it kind of is to turn on penalties. I want an off switch is all

Try turning off both Ghosting and AutoDrive to see.
 
^ Yes, the cars don't ghost but only when you crash.
 
It's the same how is it different it's a ghosting setting that can't be turned off

Last try here. Try to see if you can grasp the difference.

Ghosting during collision cannot be turned off, the game decides based on speed/angle/etc. So we have to live with it.

Ghosting during side to side battle (rubbing is racing, which is what I read in your OP) can be eliminated by making sure Ghosting is off and more importantly, AutoDrive is off. Many players use AutoDrive on demand to save their cars from sliding and/or divebombing techniques to pass.

If you still can't see the difference, than try a little less collision during your races.
 
You know who ya gonna call about this don't cha?

Disclaimer: It's not the Ghostbusters.
 
Last try here. Try to see if you can grasp the difference.

Ghosting during collision cannot be turned off, the game decides based on speed/angle/etc. So we have to live with it.

Ghosting during side to side battle (rubbing is racing, which is what I read in your OP) can be eliminated by making sure Ghosting is off and more importantly, AutoDrive is off. Many players use AutoDrive on demand to save their cars from sliding and/or divebombing techniques to pass.

If you still can't see the difference, than try a little less collision during your races.

I belong to a group that runs once a month endurance races. I know that we do not have a problem with cars ghosting during collisions. Unfortunately I know this because last month I got hit bad 2 times, once at T1L1 Monza and again a couple laps from the end. Both times my car was hit hard and would barely make it back to pits for repairs. We race flag rules on, high damage, penalties, no aids, everything is set to realistic as possible. Even lapped cars do not ghost.
 
I belong to a group that runs once a month endurance races. I know that we do not have a problem with cars ghosting during collisions. Unfortunately I know this because last month I got hit bad 2 times, once at T1L1 Monza and again a couple laps from the end. Both times my car was hit hard and would barely make it back to pits for repairs. We race flag rules on, high damage, penalties, no aids, everything is set to realistic as possible. Even lapped cars do not ghost.

My experience has been the same, just trying to help out the OP's dilemma...
 
Just done a 5 hour lobby with ghosting turned off and it stayed off throughout. I think the OP's bug was probably a one off. Maybe network related.
 
Ghosting is still here even if you turn it off. If you hit a wall at full speed your car ghosting, if you divebombing another car you ghosting, when you coming out of the pit your car ghosting. Now in dirty lobby it's a ghostfest.
 
Ghosting is still here even if you turn it off. If you hit a wall at full speed your car ghosting, if you divebombing another car you ghosting, when you coming out of the pit your car ghosting. Now in dirty lobby it's a ghostfest.
You need to turn off flag rules, then no ghosts when crash, spin, drift, stand on track ect. Or always ghost is new with latest patch....wasnt driving since then.
 
Lets test it again, please would someone join Stoners Paradise? Then we know it! Room is online now(n200 nordschleife).
 
I don't need to test it, it's a fact. I only run dirty lobbys on gts since day one. After 1.23 we got the ghost thing.

Edit:

Just tested in that room, when you come out of the pit you ghosting, crash into the wall and ghosting.
 
Last edited:
That does sound like flag rules are still turned on.
 
I don't need to test it, it's a fact. I only run dirty lobbys on gts since day one. After 1.23 we got the ghost thing.

Edit:

Just tested in that room, when you come out of the pit you ghosting, crash into the wall and ghosting.


We was testing it, no ghost if off track, no ghost when crash into others, no ghost when stand on track, no ghost when driving backward.
But cars become ghost now when leave pit or when massive crash into wall.
 
Back