Ghosts From Leaderboard

• Thread starter Lazybike
  • 11 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
5. Sport Mode
 - You can now watch replays of the Top 10 Stars on the leader boards and load them as Ghost Cars for your "Qualifying Time Trial" (Daily Races) and "Free Practice" (Online Championships). Please note that during matchmaking, it will not be possible to watch replays or load Ghost Cars.

Anyone know how to do this? Can't seem to figure it out..

It's OK found it :)

What a great addition to the game! Thanks to half a dozen laps following firestorm took 4/10ths off my qually time!

Last edited:
Hi mate.

Head into the Sport Mode race of your choice, and go to Qualifyng Time Trial.
In there, access the Leaderboards and then the Top 10.
Highlight the replay you wish to use as the ghost and select "Load Ghost".

Make sure you have the ghost turned on under Ghost Settings. 👍

Don't try to save it to Replay before you've accessed the Qualifying Time Trial.

*Edit*
Roger that. :P

I've just tried driving against a top ghost, and I have to say, I'd prefer it if we could have the time gap shown relative to that ghost rather than relative to our own ghost, and if we could have that time gap displayed even with ghosts turned off. At the moment, the lap is basically over as soon as my own ghost is ahead of me, as I can't see a thing. Also, it's hard to tell exactly how much time I'm losing to the top ghost on each corner, as obviously the distance gap varies with speed.

Ah, does it still show the alien ghost if "show ghost" is off? That would be a help, at least. The alien ghost is mostly far enough ahead of me to not be a huge problem at my level.

Finally , i will check this as soon as possible . I was asking this since the day 1 of GTS. Now it will be possible to learn with the top drivers. :cheers::cheers:
Thanks a lot Mr Kaz.

I think there's a show loaded ghost option or something :)
Thanks, found that, so you have to use the UI in the top left of the screen rather than in driving options. The top left one has separate on/off for showing PB Ghost and Loaded Ghost. The driving options just has Show Ghost on/off.

Now all it needs is another option - Show Time Gap vs, with two choices - Loaded Ghost, PB Ghost.

This has dramatically improved my times. In some respects, I think it may be close to cheating. In other respects, its a neat way of learning.

It took almost a second off my times in race A and a full 10 seconds off at Interlagos. This just goes to show how bad and slow I am (was!!!)

:-)

Regards

Ian.

Back