GIFs of cars with tiny difference (tutorial & GT500/MX5/GTR series added)

• Thread starter markwang
  • 314 comments
iAeIS8L4cG4r2.gif

I love examples like this where there are standards and premiums of the same model, because you can see that not only are the standards less detailed with less polygons, but they are proportionally inaccurate as well. Look at the taillights on the R32 and R34 in particular - the placement and size are completely different.

Come on man... They are nearly the same, no need to have 34 nearly equal cars... Is as we had the complete Mercedes C-Class (c180, C220, etc.) It's pointless. They modelled all details, yes, good, and what? They could have done other things as nobody notice any difference by seeing one of them at the time...

Dunno why you mention T10, as I haven't played Forza and have no intention to do it, nor to compare GT and Forza modelling.

It might be pointless to you , but does that means it is pointless to everyone else ? Obviously not :D I bet C-class owners would like to have a whole palete of C class models available (just to drive mode they own) , despite all models look more or less the same . If anything , those multiple models don't cost a lot of time (copy - paste > with some minor detail changes) , so it is not ,that if there wouldn't be 40 miatas ,we would have 40 other cars. I take this as a bonus.

It might be pointless to you , but does that means it is pointless to everyone else ? Obviously not :D I bet C-class owners would like to have a whole palete of C class models available (just to drive mode they own) , despite all models look more or less the same . If anything , those multiple models don't cost a lot of time (copy - paste > with some minor detail changes) , so it is not ,that if there wouldn't be 40 miatas ,we would have 40 other cars. I take this as a bonus.
We'll never know, maybe each car was produced separately, which would be rather pointless in my opinion.

Come on man... They are nearly the same, no need to have 34 nearly equal cars... Is as we had the complete Mercedes C-Class (c180, C220, etc.) It's pointless. They modelled all details, yes, good, and what? They could have done other things as nobody notice any difference by seeing one of them at the time...
Some of them are straight duplicates. Example:

Mazda Eunos Roadster S-Special Type I (NA) '95
Mazda MX-5 S-Special Type I (NA, J) '95
Mazda MX-5 Miata S-Special Type I (NA, J) '95

Those three cars are exactly the same. The only difference is the badge on the back. I think PD did this to give each region (USA, Japan, Europe) an example of the car they get down to the name on the back, but it's really not necessary. Each different year in the game is truly different besides a couple with styling packages, so we only need one of each. That would give us ~7 NA Miata's. 👍

They are not the GT-R. That gif is not the skyline series.

Yeah but they are part of the GT Series the R was reserved for a few models. Definitely the DR30s and R31 should be in there perhaps not the older more pedestrian models.

front_fender_emblem.jpg

Many year lurker here. This thread finally made me register. Outstanding thread. One of the best I have ever seen! Keep up the great work!

Yeah but they are part of the GT Series the R was reserved for a few models. Definitely the DR30s and R31 should be in there perhaps not the older more pedestrian models.

front_fender_emblem.jpg
Maybe i will make a gif for skyline series, the previous gif is only for GT-R.

Brilliant use of Gran Turismo's Photomode. And eye-candy at its most efficient. Thank you for this. 👍

Happy New Year! :)

And, yes . . . . Skylines. :cheers:

Back