Gift Cars - ways to earn them?

• Thread starter CustomX
  • 26 comments
Germany
Germany
I know you get a gift car for:

- doing the daily workout
- getting all golds on a track in the Circuit Challenge
- completing each set of 8 tasks in Driving School & Mission Challenge (it doesn't matter what medals you get - you just need to complete the 8 tasks with at least bronze)

I've completed all the Driving School & Mission Challenge tasks. Some gold but mostly not. I just went through quickly.

So - is there any incentive for me to go back and try to get all golds in Driving School & Mission Challenge? Will I get awarded extra gift cars if I get all gold in a set of 8 challenges?

Yes.

All gold on Driving School nets you exclusive GTR Safety Car and silver nets you a free Veneno.

All gold on Mission nets you one of VGT cars (roulette) while silver nets you one of the sportcars (also roulette).

Last edited:
I dont think you're getting more gift cars by replaying challenges.

You get a free car for your birthday aswell by the way :)

Yes.

All gold on Driving School nets you free Veneno and silver nets you an exclusive GTR Safety Car.

All gold on Mission nets you one of VGT cars (roulette) while silver nets you one of the sportcars (also roulette).

So for driving school, thats 64 golds for one free car? Have I understood correctly?

And for the Missions - I'll get one free car for each set of 8 golds. Have I understood correctly?

I'm quite sure it was the other way around: Veneno for all Silver and GT-R Safety Car for all Gold
Oh yeah. Not being in game for a long time.

So for driving school, thats 64 golds for one free car? Have I understood correctly?

And for the Missions - I'll get one free car for each set of 8 golds. Have I understood correctly?
Veneno is a 3+ Million Cr Car while a GTR Safety Car cannot be attained by any other means.

As for missions theres that and also extra car for completing all gold and/or silver.

Is the Veneno so amazing that I need to have it? And the safety car? I'm not someone who cares about "completion" and owning everything in the game. I only want cars that are fast/fun/interesting to drive.

Re: the Mission Challenges. So lets take the first 8 as an example. I've currently got 3 golds and the rest bronze. I was awarded a free car already for completing the 8.

You're saying that if I get all gold for those first 8, I get another free car. Is this correct?

And then if I get all silvers in those same 8, I'll get yet another free car?

Last edited:
Can you change dob on playstation account? Then you could potentially get a extra free car each day

Re: the Mission Challenges. So lets take the first 8 as an example. I've currently got 3 golds and the rest bronze. I was awarded a free car already for completing the 8.

You're saying that if I get all gold for those first 8, I get another free car. Is this correct?

And then if I get all silvers in those same 8, I'll get yet another free car?

So can anyone clarify this? People just keep saying "get all gold" but its not at all clear if that means 64 golds or 8 golds or whatever?!

Can you change dob on playstation account? Then you could potentially get a extra free car each day

Not possible at the present, I am sure DOB is not something they show on your profile so cannot be changed.

But you CAN change the system date so.... maybe. But prob not worth it, as iirc they give you one from your birth year if possible.

So can anyone clarify this? People just keep saying "get all gold" but its not at all clear if that means 64 golds or 8 golds or whatever?!

So no-one's able to clarify?

On another related note. Being relatively new, I haven't gotten into the online racing yet. However I did join a couple of races in the first couple of days I had the game. One i didn't finish. One I walked away from the playstation and forgot to come back when the race started. In both cases I was awarded prizes. Something like "your countryman, [ABC] won this race and therefore you're getting a prize too" (sorry can't remember the exact wording. In one instance, it gave me a car. In another it gave me 200,000 CR.

Can anyone shed any more light on these "countryman" type gifts? How do they work?

I know there've been lots of threads about being awarded duplicates (and quaduplicates!!) as gift cars. PD really are taking the piss with this. Its actually really smart marketing to give people a gift for playing the game 15 mins a day, but why sour your customers by giving the same cars over and over? If someone logs in 150 days in a row and completes the workout, they deserve to have 99% of the cars in the game in their garage by the time half a year has passed. Sure, keep a few that can only be bought or earned by completing special challenges, but the majority should be available to any player dedicated enough to play 180 days in a year

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there've been lots of threads about being awarded duplicates (and quaduplicates!!) as gift cars. PD really are taking the piss with this. Its actually really smart marketing to give people a gift for playing the game 15 mins a day, but why sour your customers by giving the same cars over and over? If someone logs in 150 days in a row and completes the workout, they deserve to have 99% of the cars in the game in their garage by the time half a year has passed. Sure, keep a few that can only be bought or earned by completing special challenges, but the majority should be available to any player dedicated enough to play 180 days in a year

I have 73 cars, I only bought 13 of them. The others are all gift cars, that enable me to drive in the vast majority of races without having spent credits Not sure this is "taking the piss" exactly.

You're missing the point. Awarding gift cars is great. It engenders loyalty among fans of the game and gives them a reason to play it daily; something most software products can only dream of achieving. The problem is when the gift cares are duplicates of cars that the user already owns. It pisses people off and if you claim it doesn't then you're not being truthful. Its easily solved too. The game should either recognise whats in your garage and give you something thats not in there, or give you the option of selling gift cars if you already own that same car. I don't know what PD's reason for holding out on this is. Maybe they just think they've got the best car game on the market and that their fans will play it no matter what so they're doing everything they can to extend the game's horizon.

The one really obvious improvement that PD need to make is to recognise that not all gift car situatiosn are equal. Sure; for the daily workout that takes no skill, just make it random and if you get a duplicate, suck it up and roll with the punches. However it really grates when you all gold a Circuit Experience and get some crappy N300 car as a reward. All the more merit based awards should be a minimum 350k CR car or above and always a non dupe.

If you were able to gold Le Mans or Bathurst or the 'Ring, then you should get an awesome car that reflects the effort involved.

People have been getting Golfs.

I am greatful that I have gotten some great cars in the daily that allows me to compete for "free" essentially.

The F1500, the W08, the Lexus Gr.2 - all free.

But this hasnt been the case for many people.

I feel strongly that if you spend $800k on a Group 2 car then your reward for competing events should cover the cost of this car and more.

If you spend $15 mil. on a car and your total prize pool is like $600k then...

On another related note. Being relatively new, I haven't gotten into the online racing yet. However I did join a couple of races in the first couple of days I had the game. One i didn't finish. One I walked away from the playstation and forgot to come back when the race started. In both cases I was awarded prizes. Something like "your countryman, [ABC] won this race and therefore you're getting a prize too" (sorry can't remember the exact wording. In one instance, it gave me a car. In another it gave me 200,000 CR.

Can anyone shed any more light on these "countryman" type gifts? How do they work?

Anyone able to shed light on these "countryman" type gifts? I'm almost tempted to just log in to online races and then simply come back to the console 30 mins later to see what happens. Thats what I did last time and I had a free car waiting for me. And 200,000 credits on another occasion

Anyone able to shed light on these "countryman" type gifts? I'm almost tempted to just log in to online races and then simply come back to the console 30 mins later to see what happens. Thats what I did last time and I had a free car waiting for me. And 200,000 credits on another occasion
You get rewarded if someone from your nation wins the latest season of FIA Nations. It's a similar story if someone driving your chosen manufacturer wins FIA Manufacturers.

How often are these FIA nations things run? Daily? I mean - should I just eb logging in daily even if I don't w\nt to race online, just in the hope of winning a prize off the back of someone from my nation winning?

How often are these FIA nations things run? Daily? I mean - should I just eb logging in daily even if I don't w\nt to race online, just in the hope of winning a prize off the back of someone from my nation winning?
Twice weekly for X number of races per season. Check out the website or game messages for all the details. I think the rewards update automatically.

I got a Suzuki Swift for all golding Red Bull ring this morning. Nearly threw my DS4 out the window. Esp as I purchased the Swift yesterday 'cos someone on here said it was fun to drive. Which its not.

If you're looking to win prize cars to build some cars up, do all challenges before buying anything.

Just think yourself lucky you didn't save for and buy a 20m car to only win it shortly after, that's a kick in the nuts tight there.

Back