Gillet Vertigo Race Car 04' HELP!

• Thread starter dylansmmrs
  • 18 comments
I picked up a Vertigo race car like a week ago, thinking it would be great for the professional event, championship, the 10 race event you know.

I dont know what im doing wrong. I upgraded it, all the way, 1008 hp, and it barley gets 4th place sometimes. I dont yet have the required license so i use b-spec, youd think itd still be able to win anyway.

Any suggestions, gear ratios, other tuning, i just want to get the pro event over with...

I dont know what im doing wrong. I upgraded it, all the way, 1008 hp, and it barley gets 4th place sometimes.
You've overwhelmed the chassis with way too much horsepower.

You've also blown off the license tests, which are what teach you to drive in GT4.

Go get the licenses (at least silver), then run the El Capitan enduro in something around 300 horsepower. Take the Toyota 88C-V that you'll win, and A-spec the GT Worl Championship with it.

The Gillet Vertigo can win the Gran Turismo World Championship with great difficulty but not impossible to win. A race report with 6 races in the GWTC can be found here...Gillet Vertigo in the Gran Turismo World Championship.

It is hard to get a good setup from the car due to the lack of downforce...but Team666 has a good setup which can be found HERE

Also get rid of the Turbo, due to the lack of downforce it cannot handle at high bhp values...and you need to practice with the car.

To help you out on what lineups and cars you will face...I have recently done the PAL Version of the 52 lineups of the Grand Turismo World Championship. Do not worry if you got NTSC or the Japan version....it will give you an idea It can be found by clicking the link below:

52 PAL LINEUPS OF THE GRAN TURISMO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Ok if you do not want to handle with a Gillet Vertigo, then here are my views on other rides for the GTWC

By the way using the Polyphony Digital Gran Turismo in the GTWC is an overkill and is not skill.

If you want a very easy ride in the Grand Turismo World Championship with another car then get the Minolta Toyota 88C-V (From the El Capitan 200KM Endurance Race), Nissan R92CP (From the Fuji 1000KM Endurance Race) or the Nissan R89C (From winning Driving Missions 30-34) and a new Mazda 787B (From Mazda showroom bought for 3.5 million) But they are all too easy!!! Also buying the Playstation Pescarolo Judd Race Car for 4.5 Million and having a good setup is easy to win as equipped with either R2/R1 combo tyres, you will not need to pit for most of the races except Hong Kong and Opera Paris. Found out the first time I did it with this car, these rides I have done the series are well too easy to win the Grand Turismo World Championship with practice.

A bit of a challenge but will get the job done are a used Black Mazda 787B will handle as well as a new one (bought on Days 694-700), new Toyota GT-ONE (Bought for 3.5 million at the Toyota showroom) The Audi R8 (Won from Sarthe 1 endurance or bought for 4.5 million in Audi Showroom), BMW V12 LMR (Bought for 4.5 million in BMW Showroom), the Bentley Speed 8 (Won from Sarthe 2 endurance) the Pescarolo Peugeot Judd Race Car (Bought for 3.5 million in the Pescarolo Showroom)

If you want a challenge (which I like and prefer) then buy either a used Toyota GT-ONE (Bought on days 694-700), a new Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car (Bought from Nissan Showroom for 4.5 million) or even a used Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car (Black edition bought on Days 694-700), AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race car ’98 (Won from the DTCM Championship) and a Chapparal 2D Race Car (Bought From Chapparal Showroom for 1.1 million) All of these cars in the list have proven to win the Grand Turismo World Championship.

I personally prefer not to add a turbo onto a car or even go with a car that is overkill. As well I do not qualify in the GTWC except in the Hong Kong and Opera Paris as they are both difficult races to win without qualifying first. Anyway qualifying first does help if you have trouble though.

So pretty much you need to practice with the car...have some good settings with the car and good luck. Look at GT's race reports for an idea on how to beat the GTWC which can be found HERE.

Thats my 2 cents worth, good luck.

This car was MUCH better in GT3 in my opinion. It was one of the first expensive cars I bought because I loved it so much in GT3, I got WAY less than I was expecting.

The Vertigo used to have the same downforce as a Group C car, but now it's less downforce and more power. Now it's all power and no control, used to be both power and control. 👎

You've overwhelmed the chassis with way too much horsepower.

You've also blown off the license tests, which are what teach you to drive in GT4.

Go get the licenses (at least silver), then run the El Capitan enduro in something around 300 horsepower. Take the Toyota 88C-V that you'll win, and A-spec the GT Worl Championship with it.

Try and get the Audi TT Quattro touring car to do the El Capitan race with, it'll win easily.

Try and get the Audi TT Quattro touring car to do the El Capitan race with, it'll devastate the opposition, you'll do a boring 66-lap sightseeing cruise, and win easily even if you spin out every other lap.
Fixed.

Don't use a race car. Get a 300-350hp street car and drive.

The stock Suzuki GSX-R (or whatever it's called) is a blast on the El Capitan enduro. Although it only has about 200 hp it keeps up easily.

The Gillet Vertigo can win the Gran Turismo World Championship with great difficulty but not impossible to win. A race report with 6 races in the GWTC can be found here...Gillet Vertigo in the Gran Turismo World Championship.
Holy crap I wrote that! I should redo that and rewrite that write-up...

Anyways, the problem with the Vertigo is that despite its high power number, it isn't particularly fast going straight. And its lack of downforce prevents it from outhandling the various Group C/LM GTP cars. So you essentially have to brute force the car into turns and beat the AI through superior skill. Not impossible (I believe I ended up winning the GTWC after a couple retries of the final race), but I wouldn't bother even attempting to B-Spec the car (or A-Speccing it without some serious practice, both licence wise and with that specific car), as Billy can't drive it either.

So, for suggestions? Learn to drive it yourself, or save the money and buy a Chapparal. The 2D can race competitively with a stage 3 turbo (maybe without if you are really good, but I doubt it), and the 2J can walk the series stock (if you can learn the mannerisms it has).

Not if it's got a good tune.

As in tuning its LSD, and VCD, so you effectively turn it into a RWD car anyway.

AS for the topic, there is a whole list of cars that can walk it, but I would strongly advise you to practice your driving techniques that way you shouldn't be worried if your car is fast enough.

two words IT SUCKS!

get a group C car (mazda 787b is best)
If you Actually Drive it, it's ****ing quick, Max the downforce, It keeps up with the Gr.C cars on straights, and does tight sharp corners incredibly, it does suck In high speed corners, but I just won the GT World Championship in it

If you Actually Drive it, it's ****ing quick, Max the downforce, It keeps up with the Gr.C cars on straights, and does tight sharp corners incredibly, it does suck In high speed corners, but I just won the GT World Championship in it
Thank you for correcting my opinion from when I was twelve years old in 2007 :)

Last edited:
Back