Ginetta Akula

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 57 comments
It reminds me of the Panoz Abruzzi. Dear lord, no.

No.

I take that back. It's much, much easier on the eyes than the Abruzzi. Still not my idea of a good-looking car though.

The car looks absolutely awful.:yuck: It makes the Senna look pretty, which really says a lot. Not to mention that it reminds me of the Gillet Vertigo...

Have you guys seen the location of the engine?

DRIVE-TRAIN_V3.jpg

51931773_2531602300188030_8596683450539494735_n.jpg

It's basically in the cockpit :lol:

Does this classify it as a van or truck?

The car looks absolutely awful.:yuck: It makes the Senna look pretty, which really says a lot. Not to mention that it reminds me of the Gillet Vertigo...
Idk man the Senna to me is straight ugly, which that makes the 720s look pretty( which that alone is ugly). I'm gonna call a draw between the Senna and this new Ginetta lol.

Frankenstein was built out of an Rx7 and a Zr1.....

Sorry but this thing is fugly..

I don't know how you get those two cars out of this. It honestly looks like a TVR or even G55 fron the A-pillar back, with either a Bykolles LPM1 front end converted to road car use or the last version of the R18.

It's not a good looking car in a traditional way, but that prototype-ish front is interesting.
That thing could produce a crap load of downforce, it also sounds glorious.
Definitely an intriguing design choice.

And I still think it looks better than the Senna.

The news article is blowing my mind:

There’s LMP1-derived aerodynamics and suspension, with the car’s downforce broadly equivalent to the company’s own LMP3 car.

So is it LMP1 or LMP3 that they're trying to copy? :lol: 830lb at 100mph also doesn't sound all that much when the latest hypercars are easily producing twice that (at what speed I don't know though).

Looks wise, it looks like a deranged evolution of the Panoz Esperante. I like it. Not beautiful but something different than the usual MR wedge fare. The engine location is...interesting. You're definitely gonna hear/feel if the engine goes kaboom :lol:

The news article is blowing my mind:

So is it LMP1 or LMP3 that they're trying to copy? :lol: 830lb at 100mph also doesn't sound all that much when the latest hypercars are easily producing twice that (at what speed I don't know though).

Looks wise, it looks like a deranged evolution of the Panoz Esperante. I like it. Not beautiful but something different than the usual MR wedge fare. The engine location is...interesting. You're definitely gonna hear/feel if the engine goes kaboom :lol:
Most hypercars are producing twice that at around 186mph.

So is it LMP1 or LMP3 that they're trying to copy? :lol:
Neither. The car uses aero techniques and components from the Ginetta G60-LT-P1 (its LMP1 car) - in particular the rear wing, which Ginetta says has the same aerofoil cross section - but in this application it produces around 95% of the downforce at 100mph as the Ginetta LMP3.

Majority of cars are becoming uglier by the year I dont get it lol. I guess manufacturers are running out of ideas.
Personally I would argue the opposite. From bottom to top, most car brands are getting more attractive to me IMHO.

It reminds me of the older days (mid-late 60s and early 70s) where most cars (in America at least) looked just like the top tier car, only replacing the V8 and leather interior with a terrible 98 HP engine and cloth interior lol. Like, everything Kia makes regardless of price is rather attractive, the Corolla looks really nice (and is getting optional AWD), interiors a looking good... Imagine being able to get a new car that looks identical to the current Dodge Challenger for under $16k... Sure it would only have a 5 speed automatic and the lowest level engine from the Fiat 500 but hey!

Supercars and hypercars are going absolute bat**** trying to be different from everyone else though. It's very swing and miss with a lot of head tilting.

Personally I would argue the opposite. From bottom to top, most car brands are getting more attractive to me IMHO.

It reminds me of the older days (mid-late 60s and early 70s) where most cars (in America at least) looked just like the top tier car, only replacing the V8 and leather interior with a terrible 98 HP engine and cloth interior lol. Like, everything Kia makes regardless of price is rather attractive, the Corolla looks really nice (and is getting optional AWD), interiors a looking good... Imagine being able to get a new car that looks identical to the current Dodge Challenger for under $16k... Sure it would only have a 5 speed automatic and the lowest level engine from the Fiat 500 but hey!

Supercars and hypercars are going absolute bat**** trying to be different from everyone else though. It's very swing and miss with a lot of head tilting.
That's more so what I mean, hypercars and exotics and such. Look at the 720s/Senna for instance . To me far uglier than the 675lt and others before.

That's more so what I mean, hypercars and exotics and such. Look at the 720s/Senna for instance . To me far uglier than the 675lt and others before.
Ah yes, the Senna... Honestly I'm not overly fond of much of the recent McLaren's... Loved the P1, probably my favorite car from them (and absolutely stunning in person... Get to see one or two every April at the local auto show lol), the 12C is one of my favorites, the fact that the 650S is basically a 12C made to look more like the P1 is pretty great.

The 570 looks... weird. It kinda reminds me of the way the Dodge Dart had the bad/boring, aero/weird and the nice GT. Feels like they tried to make it look a little less attractive to not take sales from the 650... The 720 has the same issue as the Senna. Looks pretty sexy from the back but the front... The 720 has those weird head lights and the Senna looks cheap and old. Like, the Senna front reminds me of the 12C with a aftermarket front fender. It doesn't fit the rest of the car at all.

Uh... I'm not feeling this Ginetta Akula (Ginetta DRACukla?). It isn't ugly, but it is a car I probably do not want to be around should I see one in person. It looks very beastly. However, it doesn't look TVR Sagaris beastly, though. This beast of a Ginetta probably could use a soaking in holy water...

Back