Girl from UAE (another late introduction) :)

• Thread starter Hollow
  • 57 comments
No, no. Not a mid-life crisis car - the sooner you get one the sooner you realize M cars are the best cars on the planet. Period. :sly:

M cars might be the best cars on the planet, but not for the planet. I suggest everyone to sell the BMWs and get hybrids! :lol:

Purple hybrids in your case Cale.

Well there's at least one good thing about each purple hybrid... :sly:

A petrolhead girl that drives a Nissan Z and loves racing games... you couldn't have introduced yourself better. :P

M cars might be the best cars on the planet, but not for the planet. I suggest everyone to sell the BMWs and get hybrids!

Now, you just go away. :grumpy:

Is it me, or the girl introduction threads tend to have a significantly bigger amount of replies? :lol:

A petrolhead girl that drives a Nissan Z and loves racing games... you couldn't have introduced yourself better. :P

Now, you just go away. :grumpy:

Is it me, or the girl introduction threads tend to have a significantly bigger amount of replies? :lol:

You know it isn't just you. :dopey:

Guys who like video games, let alone racing games are just too mainstream. [/hipster]

Aren't hybrids worse for the environment in the long term?

/just saying.

7550124023480878.JPG

Aren't hybrids worse for the environment in the long term?

/just saying.

Agree, I'm all against hybrids myself, was just trying to bug Azuremen about the M3. :sly: I have to have no brain cells whatsoever to think hybrids are even remotely better than M3s.

Hybrids< M3.

Hi Hollowxeyes, are you an ex-pat or a native - I was living in Sharjah for awhile. Liked to visit Abu Dhabi at least once a month, though Diera called more often. Dubai is beyond description - I shall never forget what excessive wealth is like!
Loved the food over there - parata and chicken with slices of lime and onion was my favorite.
Yeah, long drives on those roads are awesome - though I was last there many years ago, maybe there`s more traffic now!
I have ( for some inexplicable reason) a ton of girl buddies who are all into cars. Or maybe it`s a Canadian thing. Females love their cars over here, most own one as soon as they can get their license.
H.

Hi Hollowxeyes, are you an ex-pat or a native - I was living in Sharjah for awhile. Liked to visit Abu Dhabi at least once a month, though Diera called more often. Dubai is beyond description - I shall never forget what excessive wealth is like!
Loved the food over there - parata and chicken with slices of lime and onion was my favorite.
Yeah, long drives on those roads are awesome - though I was last there many years ago, maybe there`s more traffic now!
I have ( for some inexplicable reason) a ton of girl buddies who are all into cars. Or maybe it`s a Canadian thing. Females love their cars over here, most own one as soon as they can get their license.
H.

That's awesome! I'm a native, how long ago were you living here?

There are definitely some great roads here, but in the past few years, the law of speed cameras got so bad, that there's no point in buying a fast car anymore. Unless of course you go on the tracks, then it's all good! Also, traffic has multiplied like rabbits overtime, same amount of roads but population quadripled. I hardly visit Sharjah so can't tell about the situation there, but Abu Dhabi and Dubai are very congested now.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your time 👍

That's awesome! I'm a native, how long ago were you living here?

Glad to hear you enjoyed your time 👍

Hi Hollowxeyes, thanks, yes, I did totally enjoy my time there, and I was sorry to leave - I was around in the early 80's - I happened to be hired as a lifeguard/ pool supervisor for a new Hotel in Sharjah. My contract was over, and I had to transfer out of the country, but I really loved it over there - time I was there, the roads were practically deserted, and cars would really max out on these roads - i remember the cops never cared much - they were more concerned with anyone drinking! In fact I had to have a license to purchase alcohol (which I didn't - my richer, and older, buddies did that!)

As for Abu Dhabi - I liked it for the reason that it somehow seemed to have more greenary that the other Emirates.
Dubai, of course, was the place to see celebrities . . . those people who would just fly over to do a morning's shopping.

Tons of Japanese and Euro cars when I was there, not many American cars - in fact I'm not sure I saw any at all, though I must have seen RR's and Jags like I see taxies back here in Canada.
Surprised to know a girl from the UAE (now that's rare to have on here for sure) has a 370Z. Shouldn't you be driving a Maserati?:)

Regards
H

Okay, lemme work this out... Playing GT since you're 7 if I remember correctly... And here you say since 1998... Therefore you're 19 or 20?

Also, great fun cruising with you Hollow, thanks for being patient when I used my wheel lol. ^___^

This is a belated welcoming: Hello! I hope you enjoy your stay at :gtplanet:, though it seems you already are. This is a well community, and we welcome every new member. :gtpflag:

Though I don't get why there are so many posts particularly in this thread...

I've known you for several months but then again, welcome. :D

Back