- 34

- Weert
- RobinNova
Hi there, my name is Kronos and I am a Gran Turismo 6 enthusiast (this is where you all say: “Hello Kronos”).
I guess my life has changed ever since I joined our community from GTplanet, it’s only been a few days though, but lives can change rather quickly I noticed.
So once upon a time I bought a game called Gran Turismo 6, can I call it GT6 for short?, and I expected it to be a racing game with some online content available. Just something to spend time at when trying to hide from my daily chores. So I spend those 30 Euros (15 beers, I like to measure things in beers) and after playing the game for a few weeks I stumbled upon this forum… my god how that changed my life.
Green grass turned less green, candy was not as sweet as it always had been and I even think my wife looks less pretty nowadays!
We all love racing games, we love to crush our opponents with better lap times, but there is one thing we love even more. And that is feeding our own criticism with expectations that are not being lived up upon.
Instead of seeing all the good things this game (15 beers) has to offer us we merely start to see its faults.
We swapped the pink glasses with pitch black ones and we tell other people to do so as well, cause we people are still flock creatures I reckon.
Yes I do understand we have not received yet what has been promised to us by smart marketing tools (what else is new?! That’s how marketing works I guess). We’ve paid 15 beers and I already have had more fun with this game then I would have had with 15 beers, so by that point the purchase was already worth it.
New people like me read the forums and join your community (fresh blood on what your community should thrive on) and all of the sudden the 15 beers turn into 15 glasses of overdue milk, good looking girls start to look like cheap prostitutes and food starts to taste like cardboard.
Cheer up! And give me my beer back!
I guess my life has changed ever since I joined our community from GTplanet, it’s only been a few days though, but lives can change rather quickly I noticed.
So once upon a time I bought a game called Gran Turismo 6, can I call it GT6 for short?, and I expected it to be a racing game with some online content available. Just something to spend time at when trying to hide from my daily chores. So I spend those 30 Euros (15 beers, I like to measure things in beers) and after playing the game for a few weeks I stumbled upon this forum… my god how that changed my life.
Green grass turned less green, candy was not as sweet as it always had been and I even think my wife looks less pretty nowadays!
We all love racing games, we love to crush our opponents with better lap times, but there is one thing we love even more. And that is feeding our own criticism with expectations that are not being lived up upon.
Instead of seeing all the good things this game (15 beers) has to offer us we merely start to see its faults.
We swapped the pink glasses with pitch black ones and we tell other people to do so as well, cause we people are still flock creatures I reckon.
Yes I do understand we have not received yet what has been promised to us by smart marketing tools (what else is new?! That’s how marketing works I guess). We’ve paid 15 beers and I already have had more fun with this game then I would have had with 15 beers, so by that point the purchase was already worth it.
New people like me read the forums and join your community (fresh blood on what your community should thrive on) and all of the sudden the 15 beers turn into 15 glasses of overdue milk, good looking girls start to look like cheap prostitutes and food starts to taste like cardboard.
Cheer up! And give me my beer back!
