Going back to assetto corsa!

Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland
mchief22
So I've tried to give PC2 a chance I've went into it hopeful and with an open mind but the ffb is just terrible. I've messed with all the different options available to me to try and make it feel good but it never feels right!

I shouldn't have to spend most of my first night with the game trying to set up the ffb, it should be good out of the box. Look at GTS or AC the only thing I had to do with those two games when I played them for the first time was turn down the strength of the ffb and that was that.

I really wanted to like PC2 but with these ffb problems I just can't enjoy a race without constantly feeling pissed about the ffb and how wrong it feels.

I'm putting it back in its box and leaving it back on the shelf. I played AC after finishing a play session of PC2 and it really is night and day with how the cars feel to actually drive, the most important part of a racing sim.

So to finish here their is no ffb set up that will fix the problems I have, the devs need to fix this problem. I hope they do because the rest of the PC2 package is top notch, it really makes me sad that I can't enjoy it.

I'm using a t300rs on PS4.

If anyone feels the same as me please let me know because I feel I'm gonna get a lot of hate and PC2 apologists commenting here. I don't think it's just me.

Your not alone. I dialed in the ffb to feel very close to AC, going back and forth between sims to get the feel...specifically for the Cayman GT4 Clubsport using a G29. I was successful, but even after lapping in Pcars2 for a while and starting to feel good about it, I had to go and start AC up one final time for the night. Immediately, the wonderful dynamic feel of AC shone through. The deal breaker for me with Pcars 2 is not that the ffb is bad...once dialed in it feels pretty good. The problem is, there is no silver bullet setting for all cars. Some feel great, others feel numb. I'm a grown family man with limited time to invest per week into my sim racing hobby, and the last thing I want to do is constantly "search" for the right feel for each car. Back to AC for me, and awaiting GT Sport for the online and community aspect. Good luck to all that they find the balance with pcars2 to satisfy.

So I've tried to give PC2 a chance I've went into it hopeful and with an open mind but the ffb is just terrible. I've messed with all the different options available to me to try and make it feel good but it never feels right!

I shouldn't have to spend most of my first night with the game trying to set up the ffb, it should be good out of the box. Look at GTS or AC the only thing I had to do with those two games when I played them for the first time was turn down the strength of the ffb and that was that.

I really wanted to like PC2 but with these ffb problems I just can't enjoy a race without constantly feeling pissed about the ffb and how wrong it feels.

I'm putting it back in its box and leaving it back on the shelf. I played AC after finishing a play session of PC2 and it really is night and day with how the cars feel to actually drive, the most important part of a racing sim.

So to finish here their is no ffb set up that will fix the problems I have, the devs need to fix this problem. I hope they do because the rest of the PC2 package is top notch, it really makes me sad that I can't enjoy it.

If anyone feels the same as me please let me know because I feel I'm gonna get a lot of hate and PC2 apologists commenting here. I don't think it's just me.

It would be very nice if GtPlanet had a thread submission tool for moderator approval.
This thread is the perfect case in point, the OP could have just posted in the existing First Impressions thread.
I think some people feel the need for their opinions to be center stage, above all.

Your not alone. I dialed in the ffb to feel very close to AC, going back and forth between sims to get the feel...specifically for the Cayman GT4 Clubsport using a G29. I was successful, but even after lapping in Pcars2 for a while and starting to feel good about it, I had to go and start AC up one final time for the night. Immediately, the wonderful dynamic feel of AC shone through. The deal breaker for me with Pcars 2 is not that the ffb is bad...once dialed in it feels pretty good. The problem is, there is no silver bullet setting for all cars. Some feel great, others feel numb. I'm a grown family man with limited time to invest per week into my sim racing hobby, and the last thing I want to do is constantly "search" for the right feel for each car. Back to AC for me, and awaiting GT Sport for the online and community aspect. Good luck to all that they find the balance with pcars2 to satisfy.
Wow just like that you're done?

Can't compare a title that's in its final stages of life and is on its 10th tyre model to one that's just been released. But if it's not your thing then it's not your thing. You can always check back later if it's not working for you.
And I most likely will. Not saying Pcars2 is a bad sim at all. It's much better and user friendly than pcars, but with limited time to commit to sim racing, I want to get on and run laps, not search for the right feel for given cars. If the selected ffb settings were more consistent from car to car, I would have a completely different vibe. As an example, use the Cayman Gt4 Clubsport and set what you feel is ideal to you. After warming up the tires and running some laps, go to the Camaro ZL1 and try using the same ffb settings. Just doesnt work unless you retweak the settings for the desired feel for the Camaro. Ashame the "ideal" global settings cannot transfer to all cars for the right persanalized feel. Right now, it's just not there for me.

T300 on PS4 here and working well , I'm using raw with gain at 80 .
My wheel hasn't had any firmware updates since the release of Pcars 1 , Could it be this is the difference between what I and some others are feeling against those that are not happy . And yes I play Assetto so I can compare

Assetto is still far ahead when it comes to driving feel and ffb but I don't think Pcars2 is too bad either. Ffb is pretty usable out of the box and actually quite good when dialed in. Both offer different things, Assettos feeling is absolutely great and PCars has weather, tracks etc. Luckily I won't have to choose between the two, definitely will be playing both in the future.

Isle of man? Did I miss something?

@sparkymarky82 ok this is a an opinion only, as I do not own a wheel of any type..

That being said, this is my take on your situation. I personally don't feel it would be very simulation like to be able to jump into any car with the same set up. Be it car tune or ffb/wheel tune.. If you jump into a Honda civic with stock suspension, the feed back you get from a bump would feel a lot different than even the same civic lowered with a "race" inspired suspension, let alone a whole different car.

There will always be an inherit dilemma when you have a simulation game with multiple cars and the same rig to play them with. Imagine for a second, you pull the steering wheel, pedals shifter, and seat out of your GT3 race car to put it into your entry level street car and expect it to feel and react the same as the GT3..

I think personally this area is a shade of grey, how much sim do you want? I know you said you don't have time to tune everything, everytime you want to enjoy a race. But that's going to be the trade off as sims get closer and closer to the real deal.

I realised really quickly 10 years ago that the real deal at even hobby level racing, was way more than I wanted so sims were more up my ally. I can't wait till the day they are so realistic the only thing you don't have to to is fix your broken transmission and and then take it to the dino to dial everything back in. (Tho that would be pretty neat in a game) hehehe

P.S. you dont have to dino a car for a transmission just a point of reference, and a bad one.. lol

I wouldn't give up just yet.

AC, Rf2 & R3e took ages for me to get good ffb, non anywhere near as bad as pcars one but still it's only a few days so far.

I was not impressed with pcars 2 ffb & i have the same wheel. The game nearly got refunded. I think there is an issue with this wheel at least for some of us as most complaints seem to come from t300rs users. For some reason the car volume are all over the place from car to car, after using the JS custom file it adds compression & this helps brings the volume together. It also ads deadzone removal (not the same as in that video btw) to bring the lowes forces higher (like min force in ac) while on the straights. Unfortunately of course you are on ps4 but hopefully they are aware of this & will improve the profile.
For the record i think i now prefer it to AC, it's different but imo more realistic that AC the wheel weight is spot on & each car feels like it matches the car.
I could never fathom some of SMS design choices they really baffle me, but if they just had a min force slider & allowed us to save volume & tone per car it would solve 90% of the ffb issues.

I'm with you 100% on that. I have a T300 too and am having a terrible experience with it on PS4. So much so that I am using a controller as the wheel FFB is woeful. I have tried many recommendations and while there was a very slight improvement it is still a hugely disappointing drive. In fact it feels like there is something fundamentally wrong with as there is a whisper of FFB when on the grass and gravel but nothing over kerbs.

Assetto Corsa may be several steps behind for features and content but it has the feel of driving nailed. It also does LMP1-H so much better than the por PCars2 effort.

It is all the more frustrating as the rest of the package is immensely impressive bar the ridiculous lack of Doppler effect in replays. The breadth of content is fabulous but it loses so much appeal when the driving is tolerated as opposed to enjoyed. Hopefully v1.04 brings the experience I was hoping for. I'll keep tipping away with my DS4 for now.

Last edited:
I’m not sure what you guys are expecting. Different cars should feel differently, as it does. I got the FFB dialed in now that I think most cars feel as they would in real life. Can’t wait to get back into it, have to take a forced brake due to work now though :(

Just a note: AC is pretty good in terms of FFB and physics, just not enough game for me.

I just leave this here, as people claim AC is the best...

Poor comparison as the car is going considerably faster in AC. Do I need to mention that the car in Project CARS 2 lost control from getting a tire onto the grass?

Enjoy the hot lap simulator where its always sunny and dry.

Sunny, cloudy, overcast and foggy. All affecting the track temperature in different ways.

Sunny, cloudy, overcast and foggy. All affecting the track temperature in different ways.

Its so bare bones though,theres just no game there.

Il never know how FFB can be such a game breaker for people. Ive played and loved racing games since the early 90s and FFB has never come into it for me. Ive never owned a wheel though,so is it a wheel only issue with FFB?

@sparkymarky82 ok this is a an opinion only, as I do not own a wheel of any type..

That being said, this is my take on your situation. I personally don't feel it would be very simulation like to be able to jump into any car with the same set up. Be it car tune or ffb/wheel tune.. If you jump into a Honda civic with stock suspension, the feed back you get from a bump would feel a lot different than even the same civic lowered with a "race" inspired suspension, let alone a whole different car.

There will always be an inherit dilemma when you have a simulation game with multiple cars and the same rig to play them with. Imagine for a second, you pull the steering wheel, pedals shifter, and seat out of your GT3 race car to put it into your entry level street car and expect it to feel and react the same as the GT3..

I think personally this area is a shade of grey, how much sim do you want? I know you said you don't have time to tune everything, everytime you want to enjoy a race. But that's going to be the trade off as sims get closer and closer to the real deal.

I realised really quickly 10 years ago that the real deal at even hobby level racing, was way more than I wanted so sims were more up my ally. I can't wait till the day they are so realistic the only thing you don't have to to is fix your broken transmission and and then take it to the dino to dial everything back in. (Tho that would be pretty neat in a game) hehehe

P.S. you dont have to dino a car for a transmission just a point of reference, and a bad one.. lol
It's not that I want all cars to feel the same, nor do I expect them to react the same. What I would like to see is once your ffb settings preferences are established, is for it to remain consistent with higher or lower forces and different progression of forces being represented from car to car. Basically, that what you want to feel is transmitted the same for all cars, but with different force and character. Did the spreadsheet and adjustments per car in the original and it would at least let you save the setting for that car. This title, at least now, will require noting your ffb for each car on a spreadsheet and everytime you pull the car out, you'll have to reference your ideal setting after you spend the time to find that ideal setting. ..for each car. I just want race and if I'm going to tune, I want it to be on car settings, not for wheel settings.

Last edited:
Its so bare bones though,theres just no game there.

It depends on how people define a game. Driving a car on track is more game for me than fiddling with a myriad of options, features and progression systems. Kunos doesn't aim for the conventional gaming consumers anyway.

It's not that I want all cars to feel the same, nor do I expect them to react the same. What I would like to see is once your ffb settings preferences are established, is for it to remain consistent with higher or lower forces and different progression of forces being represented from car to car. Basically, that what you want to feel is transmitted the same for all cars, but with different force and character. Did the spreadsheet and adjustments per car in the original and it would at least let you save the setting for that car. This title, at least now, will require noting your ffb for each car on a spreadsheet and everytime you pull the car out, you'll have to reference your ideal setting after you spend the time to find that ideal setting. ..for each car. I just want race and if I'm going to tune, I want it to be on car settings, not fun wheel settings.
This ^^, its not about getting the cars to feel the same at all it just brings up the minimum forces a bit so you can feel them. You would be able to feel them in irl as well.

I’m not sure what you guys are expecting. Different cars should feel differently, as it does. I got the FFB dialed in now that I think most cars feel as they would in real life. Can’t wait to get back into it, have to take a forced brake due to work now though :(

Just a note: AC is pretty good in terms of FFB and physics, just not enough game for me.
Would you mind sharing your FFB and Configuration settings when you get a chance?

Yeah 1 car is doing 102 and the other is doing 120. Nice try.

Well the car doing 120 (AC) should react even more to the inputs.... :rolleyes:

http://acmods.net/tracks/isle-of-man/

You're welcome :cheers: Best track ever

Poor comparison as the car is going considerably faster in AC. Do I need to mention that the car in Project CARS 2 lost control from getting a tire onto the grass?

Again the car doing 120 km/h (AC) should react even more to the inputs.... :rolleyes: You know speed sensitivity and all.... The car in Pcars1! went into grass because the inputs upset the latitude weight of the car thus throwing me off the road. You can clearly see that way before the grass I was struggling holding the car.
In AC doing 70-90° turns at 120km/h the car bearly moves...

But at least for me, no matter what settings (which can be viewed in the thread linked) AC retains an input deadzone in the first degrees that just isn't fixable. I went on to edit the ini files and much more. It still is there.

You can nitpick all you want (more degrees input here, 3 more km/h there), having a deadzone on the first degrees isn't realistic in any way and really kills that game for me. Turning down rotation or upping sensitivity isn't a fix, it's a pass around.

BTW I had the same problem in PC2, but it was fixable after some adjustements....

Last edited:
Back