Going back to assetto corsa!

What did you change to get rid of the deadzone? It's making my experience less than enjoyable to say the least.

From my post in the settings thread:
For anyone struggling with the numb feel in the first few degrees of turn in:

Turn the Menu spring (last option in the FFB) to very low.

I have it on 0 now, and now finally it feels responsive with little input....

My settings T500RS - PC :

TM menu : 60% overall FFB

In game : Raw

Gain : 95
Vol : 45
Tone : 60 (gets more FFB for rear end step outs)
FX : 40 (adjust till no clipping)
Menu spring : 0

You loose the reset wheel position in menus, but it did eliminate that deadzone for me. Without the need to change the sensitivity. Still 1:1 (50%)

From my post in the settings thread:

For anyone struggling with the numb feel in the first few degrees of turn in:

Turn the Menu spring (last option in the FFB) to very low.

I have it on 0 now, and now finally it feels responsive with little input....

My settings T500RS - PC :

TM menu : 60% overall FFB

In game : Raw

Gain : 95
Vol : 45
Tone : 60 (gets more FFB for rear end step outs)
FX : 40 (adjust till no clipping)
Menu spring : 0
Thanks

Again the car doing 120 km/h (AC) should react even more to the inputs.... :rolleyes: You know speed sensitivity and all.... The car in Pcars1! went into grass because the inputs upset the latitude weight of the car thus throwing me off the road. You can clearly see that way before the grass I was struggling holding the car.
In AC doing 70-90° turns at 120km/h the car bearly moves...

But at least for me, no matter what settings (which can be viewed in the thread linked) AC retains an input deadzone in the first degrees that just isn't fixable. I went on to edit the ini files and much more. It still is there.

You can nitpick all you want (more degrees input here, 3 more km/h there), having a deadzone on the first degrees isn't realistic in any way.

BTW I had the same problem in PC2, but it was fixable after some adjustements....

All I'm asking is a more uniform comparison between the two games because anything else does raise questions. In the Project CARS 2 clip the initial swerving is slow and begins around 60 km/h. From that point the car is already out of balance as wheel rotation and accleration intensifies. In the AC clip the car is going 115 km/h and wheel rotation is very fast and the wheel never seems ro reach similar degrees of rotation.

I agree that AC doesn't look sufficiently responsive to the input, but it's hard to tell how the car would respond in Project CARS 2 if driven exactly like it's being driven in the AC clip.

@Nielsen : yeah i made that video over a year ago i think, and it was mainly to illustrate the problem I had with AC settings in hope of a fix, rather than dissing AC. I loved AC for it's mods, but the more I played the more annoyed I got with the input lag...

I could take the time to make a 1:1 video, but as I searched the internet for a solution to that problem and none was found,... it doesn't really matter...

I see that most people race AC with 540ish ° so it's less pronounced. But I want my road cars to have 1:1 (900-1080°)...

So I've tried to give PC2 a chance I've went into it hopeful and with an open mind but the ffb is just terrible. I've messed with all the different options available to me to try and make it feel good but it never feels right!

I shouldn't have to spend most of my first night with the game trying to set up the ffb, it should be good out of the box. Look at GTS or AC the only thing I had to do with those two games when I played them for the first time was turn down the strength of the ffb and that was that.

I really wanted to like PC2 but with these ffb problems I just can't enjoy a race without constantly feeling pissed about the ffb and how wrong it feels.

I'm putting it back in its box and leaving it back on the shelf. I played AC after finishing a play session of PC2 and it really is night and day with how the cars feel to actually drive, the most important part of a racing sim.

So to finish here their is no ffb set up that will fix the problems I have, the devs need to fix this problem. I hope they do because the rest of the PC2 package is top notch, it really makes me sad that I can't enjoy it.

I'm using a t300rs on PS4.

If anyone feels the same as me please let me know because I feel I'm gonna get a lot of hate and PC2 apologists commenting here. I don't think it's just me.

I completely agree with you on **ALL** your points here. Also have a look at the thread I started on T300 not recognised.

Anyway I have struggled with this game as you have and I am using it as a time filler until GTS drops.

Having said all this I do like the variety of tracks in PCARS2 and am enjoying learning the new ones so it it not all bad.

As you have found my T300 feels vague, doesn't give me any sense of what the front end is doing and isn't a patch on AC. I had and encounter with a very good friend of mine last night who had the same issues and he has given me his settings and while it is a huge improvement over what it was it is still not up to AC.

So try these settings and tell me what you think?

T300 RS wheel settings for PCARS2

Flavour = Informative
Gain =69
Volume = 60
Tone = 50
FX = 50

A big thanks to Demonracer from the UK for these settings.

The problem (amongst others) is that PCARS2 is not intuitive and add that to the overly slow and clunky menus it is just a pain to do anything in this game.

Edit: don't forget to first calibrate your wheel and set deadzone to "0"

@NielsenI see that most people race AC with 540ish ° so it's less pronounced. But I want my road cars to have 1:1 (900-1080°)...
I use 900° in the G27 Logitech profiler and my steering wheel matches 1:1 with the virtual steering wheel in all cars, the trick is on modify the scale of the controls.ini file, just let me know what you have in that file and maybe I could be able to help you.

I don't have input lag either, I encourage you to untick v-sync if you have it ticked, and if you can afford a 144hz monitor the better.

Regarding the comparison video you made, in PC1 you're stressing the drive wheels, there are two moments you turn to the right 45° giving more throttle, you unsettle the car this way, whereas in AC you're going at constant speed as you're hitting the rev limiter and not stressing the drive wheels, plus waving the steering wheel faster and not giving enough time to the weight transfer, you didn't make a 1:1 comparison.

Anyway there are more factors involved in a fair comparison, suspension geometry, car settings, tyre compound and car used.

Assetto is still far ahead when it comes to driving feel and ffb but I don't think Pcars2 is too bad either. Ffb is pretty usable out of the box and actually quite good when dialed in. Both offer different things, Assettos feeling is absolutely great and PCars has weather, tracks etc. Luckily I won't have to choose between the two, definitely will be playing both in the future.
I wouldn't say it's that far ahead really. For me there's a bit more info in the AC ffb signal, especially when the back of the car is about to come out. A bit crisper if you will.

But as a long time AC player the transitioning to PCars2 was pretty smooth. I basically just got into the cars and drove like before. :) No more of those wth moments from PCars1. The ffb does what it should do. Gives me enough info to control the car properly. Early impressions so far, need more testing. Also gotta try those Jack Spade files.

Highlights so far include the Caterham Seven at Knockhill and McLaren 570S at Oulton. Man those cars are sublime! Awesome to throw around those fantastic tracks.
And I haven't really been very picky when it comes to graphics in sims, but to see the evening sun beams come through the trees at 20:00 hours at Le Mans on my triple screens, wow that was beautiful.

WRT to degrees always use 900 (or the max you can but more really isn't need) in the drivers.

The cars have are set with their RL values. If if lower from 900 you might end up losing 1:1 steering and the problem won't be visual only. Thing analog thumbstick in gamepads range in your wheel ;)

If you want to adjust for fast or slower movement of the car wheels wrt to the movement you your HW set different steering ratio in car setup menu.

But ofc, whatever floats your boat :)

I use 900° in the G27 Logitech profiler and my steering wheel matches 1:1 with the virtual steering wheel in all cars, the trick is on modify the scale of the controls.ini file, just let me know what you have in that file and maybe I could be able to help you.

I don't have input lag either, I encourage you to untick v-sync if you have it ticked, and if you can afford a 144hz monitor the better.

Regarding the comparison video you made, in PC1 you're stressing the drive wheels, there are two moments you turn to the right 45° giving more throttle, you unsettle the car this way, whereas in AC you're going at constant speed as you're hitting the rev limiter and not stressing the drive wheels, plus waving the steering wheel faster and not giving enough time to the weight transfer, you didn't make a 1:1 comparison.

Anyway there are more factors involved in a fair comparison, suspension geometry, car settings, tyre compound and car used.

If you can help, great, you would be the first one.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/deadzone-center-t500rs-help-requested-video-added.351579/

Here are my settings. The only thing i ended up with changes in the ini was to put the soft lock on.

If there is a setting I need to adjust in the ini, I'm all in.

I don't know if it's a glitch with my setup, because after a lot of googling, I never found a thread with a solution about it.

So I've tried to give PC2 a chance I've went into it hopeful and with an open mind but the ffb is just terrible. I've messed with all the different options available to me to try and make it feel good but it never feels right!

I shouldn't have to spend most of my first night with the game trying to set up the ffb, it should be good out of the box. Look at GTS or AC the only thing I had to do with those two games when I played them for the first time was turn down the strength of the ffb and that was that.

I really wanted to like PC2 but with these ffb problems I just can't enjoy a race without constantly feeling pissed about the ffb and how wrong it feels.

I'm putting it back in its box and leaving it back on the shelf. I played AC after finishing a play session of PC2 and it really is night and day with how the cars feel to actually drive, the most important part of a racing sim.

So to finish here their is no ffb set up that will fix the problems I have, the devs need to fix this problem. I hope they do because the rest of the PC2 package is top notch, it really makes me sad that I can't enjoy it.

If anyone feels the same as me please let me know because I feel I'm gonna get a lot of hate and PC2 apologists commenting here. I don't think it's just me.

Bye ..........

I just posted my setup in the wheel tread so give it ac try, I had horrible ffb before

Context: AC came out in 2013, didn't sort out its FFB until 2016. There was steady improvements throughout 2015 then they dropped a whole new tire model for half the cars, very recently that was brought to all the cars, presto is now the standard. But let's not dismiss how much effort and time it took.

It's all personal and wholly relevant only to yourself. You find what matters and you seek the best option.

I won't be persevering with PC2 much longer. It's a new game so a new experience. That makes you want to try, but it's months away from a properly usable state. SMS have my money, so they haven't lost out. This is the first and last time I'll ever pre-order a game. I don't care what bonuses you may get. That's probably damaged the whole industry from my pov but you have to learn from your experiences.

The G29's FFB feel failings are insurmountable. The promised online championship is missing. The open wheelers are completely broken. Ultimately I sought sim racing for these 3 things. So is there a point to me playing PC2?

Mostly I've just been on PC2 to collect the bugs and air them to YT and warn other people, once I discovered the above 3 most critical things failed for me. Other than that I'm apparently just d!cking around on it. All the guys I race with in leagues feel the same and league racing matters, so I'll be following them.

T300 PS4. I thought with the T300, both PCARS 1 and PCARS 2 felt ok with the default FFB. Some fine tuning was required for both to make them feel really great for me. I personally have always preferred PCARS 1 FFB over AC. I pretty much never play AC anymore because I find PCARS so much more enjoyable.

Went back to AC to compare...i found AC feels so much more natural and i can put the car exactly where i want where is like PCars 1 i feel as if im fighting the car alot. FFB in AC is miles ahead of both PCars games so much more information and the wheel feels much more alive.

Went back to AC to compare...i found AC feels so much more natural and i can put the car exactly where i want where is like PCars 1 i feel as if im fighting the car alot. FFB in AC is miles ahead of both PCars games so much more information and the wheel feels much more alive.
That’s a shame. I got my ffb in PC2 feeling like it does in AC.

Yeah im sure the FFB is much better on PC also as it was on PCars 1
I have the game on Xbox as well and while not quite as good as on PC it's not too far off. I think it's a shame that you can't get the feeling you want as I'm not sure there is much better out there than PC2 when it all comes together.

Back