going from GT6 to F1 2013

• Thread starter jlb
  • 30 comments

jlb

United States
kentuckk,usa
tommeentsfan
so I never claimed to be the world greatest sim racer but I play gt6 with no aids and on professional ai..im fairly good and I have fun doing it. when I herad f1 2013 had all the old f1 cars ran out an got it.im struggling to make the jump even with all the aids on.im using a driving force gt any advice to get the most out of the game

jlb
so I never claimed to be the world greatest sim racer but I play gt6 with no aids and on professional ai..im fairly good and I have fun doing it. when I herad f1 2013 had all the old f1 cars ran out an got it.im struggling to make the jump even with all the aids on.im using a driving force gt any advice to get the most out of the game

in a word: be gentle. really feather that throttle. also keep in mind that gear changes in the old f1 cars are really rough, so be mindful where you change gears, ie dont do it in middle of a corner, or on a uneven part of track.

jlb

Just returned from GameStop where I got $30.00 for GT6. I was hoping to pickup F1 2013 but it was out of stock. Plenty of used GT6s there. Now waiting the 3 hours for F1 2013 to download.

Just returned from GameStop where I got $30.00 for GT6. I was hoping to pickup F1 2013 but it was out of stock. Plenty of used GT6s there. Now waiting the 3 hours for F1 2013 to download.

So I just downloaded F1 2013. Wow! I'm blown away! This is what I'm talking about. Very difficult, but rewarding. This is a sim. I suck, but this game is great!

It's a great game if you can look past the hoards of bugs and other shortcomings that Codemasters are known for these days. Some really good competitive racing can be had too provided you know a bunch of clean guys (open lobbies can be a nightmare!).

Now after playing so much GT6, my F1 league performances have taken a dive. It's strange jumping between the two!

F1 2013 is not a sim, it's very fun, but not a sim.
its not? i always thought it is i wanted to give the new one a try never played it..
not even close? i heard shift2 is half arcade half sim if that makes any sense.. does this fall under that category?!

It wasn't out of stock. It was never released.

its not? i always thought it is i wanted to give the new one a try never played it..
not even close? i heard shift2 is half arcade half sim if that makes any sense.. does this fall under that category?!
Yeah, the term for that is simcade.
I'd consider F1 and Shift to be simcade.

So I take it that this game is not very forgiving to new comers.

I would say it is rather forgiving. Much more so than GT usually is.

Hey who is that in your Avatar you know ? Looks like a girl I used to managed with Battle of the Imports. She was #LEGIT 👍

WalterWhite, I'm not sure who the girl in my avatar is, just a pretty face.

Thanks you and ittybitty stigy's input. I'm interested in learning about F1 and getting F1 2013 or one of the older F1 games. The career mode and presence of a "season" is what is one of the selling points for me.

WalterWhite, I'm not sure who the girl in my avatar is, just a pretty face.

Thanks you and ittybitty stigy's input. I'm interested in learning about F1 and getting F1 2013 or one of the older F1 games. The career mode and presence of a "season" is what is one of the selling points for me.

Do you have it for PC ? I highly suggest it over PS3 version. As I can not afford or have the time rather, to fund and drive a Formula type chassis car on the track I have to settle for my sim seat time. It is a great title. Some decent mods out there too. I really like the 80's cars man. Just got done doing a really good race in the Williams:

Not me but good damn idea of how fun it is. Especially with a real good SimPit.

Do you have it for PC ? I highly suggest it over PS3 version. As I can not afford or have the time rather, to fund and drive a Formula type chassis car on the track I have to settle for my sim seat time. It is a great title. Some decent mods out there too. I really like the 80's cars man. Just got done doing a really good race in the Williams:

Not me but good damn idea of how fun it is. Especially with a real good SimPit.

I have a PC but it's not a gaming PC.. So I'll get it for the PS3.. I also don't have a rig just a DFGT and a desk. I'm not a sim racer, I'm the guy who's driven over 10,000 miles in Midnight Club LA and then started looking for a new challenge so I'm still learning the ins and outs of sim racing. Still kinda of leaning on the simcade style games. Currently looking at this game and Shift2.

I have a PC but it's not a gaming PC.. So I'll get it for the PS3.. I also don't have a rig just a DFGT and a desk. I'm not a sim racer, I'm the guy who's driven over 10,000 miles in Midnight Club LA and then started looking for a new challenge so I'm still learning the ins and outs of sim racing. Still kinda of leaning on the simcade style games. Currently looking at this game and Shift2.

Heck yeah. I highly suggest you try to get into Racing with a Wheel and Pedals and stuff. Or just going to a local track in a Honda, Nissan, or Toyota. Checkout an "Import Faceoff" event. The best things in life are racing, and well sex. IMO of course. Oh making money is up there too.

This is my friend racing with a controller (XBOX360) at the BossTek Head Quarters and Gaming Center here in San Diego. Fun times. But yeah, highly recommend this game. It is no Gran Turismo, but it will do if you really want that authentic Formula 1 Experience.

Also suggest watching the movies; "Senna", and "Rush" before playing this game to get you in the mood 👍

Walter, I subbed and will be checking for the videos..
Since this thread is about going from Gran Turismo to F1.. How did you guys feel about the Formula Gran Turismo event in GT5 in comparison to Codemaster's F1 2013?

I personally like the Codemasters games more. We even had an opportunity to have a direct comparison of the Ferrari F10 in GT5 and F1 2010, and I thought F1 2010 felt better. The Formula GT and F1 cars in GT5 felt kind of too grippy to me.

Man, I enjoy F1 and just started to play the F1 2013, but the difficulty level is so high!!!
I am not a beginner in racing games, but this game will be really a challenge for me.... I used to play the Gran Turismo series and also the Forza 4 and I am ok - very easier to drive.
Does anybody else felt the same? Any tips?
I use the G25 Wheel. Thanks.

Man, I enjoy F1 and just started to play the F1 2013, but the difficulty level is so high!!!
I am not a beginner in racing games, but this game will be really a challenge for me.... I used to play the Gran Turismo series and also the Forza 4 and I am ok - very easier to drive.
Does anybody else felt the same? Any tips?
I use the G25 Wheel. Thanks.

Turn down the difficulty level maybe? Or are you already on Amateur? If that's the case, I have no suggestions.

I got F1 2013 today as I wanted some longer races with some challenging AI. Anybody got any tips on wheel settings? I am using a G27.

Turn down the difficulty level maybe? Or are you already on Amateur? If that's the case, I have no suggestions.

In fact, I set the difficulties with less assistance as possible. Keep traction only. I still learning the circuits... Melbourne is the 1st I tried in career mode. Also the engine and gear shifting noises are not so accurate in Toro Rosso... I noticed it`s different when driving a Red Bull for example.
Anyway, I think it is just a matter of time... keep training and go further! ;-)
But I also noticed that the game is more difficulty in career mode than other parts of the game. Does is proceed?

I got F1 2013 today as I wanted some longer races with some challenging AI. Anybody got any tips on wheel settings? I am using a G27.

On PC or PS3?

In fact, I set the difficulties with less assistance as possible. Keep traction only. I still learning the circuits... Melbourne is the 1st I tried in career mode. Also the engine and gear shifting noises are not so accurate in Toro Rosso... I noticed it`s different when driving a Red Bull for example.
Anyway, I think it is just a matter of time... keep training and go further! ;-)
But I also noticed that the game is more difficulty in career mode than other parts of the game. Does is proceed?

You mean the Toro Rosso sounds different from the Red Bull? It should since it has a different engine. Career mode is harder because your car has to go through development and it can get better as the season progresses.

Back