Gold Chrome, Silver Chrome, Bronze ???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tonkz
  • 33 comments
  • 3,456 views
Messages
171
Messages
Tonkz
Hey folks, just wanted to know, is there a Bronze Chrome out there (Or any other Chrome paints)?

I've decided to start buying duplicated of my favourite premium Cars & Painting theme Chrome colours, (i.e SLR McLaren = Gold Chrome, AMG = Silver Chrome... Enzo Ferrari Gold Chrome, 599 Silver Chrome...)

I'm thinking of bringing in a third, (And a Bronze Chrome would be ideal)?
 
I haven't heard about bronze chrome yet. I doubt it exists. It would look similar to gold.
 
I haven't heard about bronze chrome yet. I doubt it exists. It would look similar to gold.

👍
Fair enough, Anyone know a Bronze colour (A Metallic or somthing) that would have a similar look ?
 
I highly doubt bronze chrome would be in the game. Wouldn't it look kind of weird?
 
What car comes with the gold chrome?

Make - Gran Turismo.
How to acquire - collect 30 or multiples of 30 cars to have a chance at getting it. You can also get it from the daily gift.
 
I haven't heard about bronze chrome yet. I doubt it exists. It would look similar to gold.

lulz. Gold is more yellow as bronze is more brown. Not hard to see a big difference. I could tell gold chrome from bronze chrome apart from 50miles away. Really not similar at all. Though I would like to see different types of chrome in the game. Bronze to me would look way more sick then gold chrome.
 
I don't care for chrome paint, but we have gold and silver so I guess I wouldn't mind bronze being added...
 
I haven't heard anything on the bronze chrome either, but it be nice to see the chrome line treated to the same color set as the matte paints.
 
black chrome would be nice

and maybe copper
 
I was just thinking about this on my way home today, hehe! Would be nice to have a bronze chrome because people running online championships on here could gift 3 prize cars with coresponding paint jobs.


👍
 
I think I agree with this, I also would like to see Various Hue's of Chrome.

Things like ( for example ) Cherry Red Chrome, Spicy Apple Chrome amongst others.

Cherry Red chrome would be a nice deep red that glistens and reflects the track in the same way the gold and silver does, so it would be a true chrome but in a new colour.

Spicy Apple would be a green variety, heck, there are lots of variations we could request, Better still we could just request that there be a chrome version of each colour available to us.

:P
 
I think it would be rather epic to have a paint chip that looked like carbon fiber, but had a chrome finish to it.
 
^^
chrome paint still OK
but carbon-fiber should not be from a paint job. It should be from bodyworks replacement.
 
Black chrome. I want it.
 
i find Chrome painty really tacky tbh. looks like something out of a 50 cent rap video..
 
If I still didn't have a lot of the uber-expensive (over 10 million credit) cars to still buy, I'd definitely start buying multiple versions of the same car to give them the varied treatment - like both Silver Chrome and Gold Chrome.

Only painted one of my 962 cars using a Silver Chrome paint chip (GT by Citroën Road Car), and one using a Gold Chrome paint chip (Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG). Yeah, they're both on the tacky side, but even as tacky as they are they both actually look pretty cool. I think I lucked out on picking the right cars to paint in such a manner...

I totally like the idea of other chrome variants, with Black Chrome being my personal favorite.
(Well, as long as basically was an chrome-like ultra-reflective variant of the color.)
I can't see why PD couldn't do it seeing as they've essentially done it already, but I think they should maintain exclusivity of the Chrome Line colors from the Collector's Edition.

Peace...
 
bloodstriker
i find Chrome painty really tacky tbh. looks like something out of a 50 cent rap video..

Or something from the middle east.
 
I would like to see vinly wraps like carbon fibre or other textures.
 
When I hear 'Bronze Chrome' I picture statues.... rolling statues!:nervous: I think I'll stick to other colours...
 
Dunno about Bronze but there is 'Red Chrome' in the game but not in the form of a Paint Chip, the Blitz logo on the Premium Blitz Skyline is Red Chrome.
 
Pictures?
inb4themodsaysnotextspeech
 
Is there any paint chip that looks like bronze?
 
Is there any paint chip that looks like bronze?

Yes.

Go to the BMW dealership and look at the colors of the M5. One of them is called "Sepang Bronze"

👍

You now owe me a Dakargelb paint chip :D
 
Sales of that Beemer suddenly shoot up, in GT land :)

When i've exhausted mostly everything else I think i'll take a good look at the paint chips as I have a ridiculous number of them now, and some are really cool

Some are odd though, like I won something like "Dark Matte Silver" the other day (AKA Grey then)

And the little preview colour swatches are useless, even more so in the UCD where there only seem to be about 10 different ones (how many times have you clicked a car thinking it's gold or bronze from the little square but it's bright yellow?) So I guess the only way is to look at the weird sculpted shape thing next to your car when you are about to paint it...quite why they can't show you the damn car in the colour before you apply it is a mystery.
 
Ill throw up a picture of what it looks like on the car...
 
Edit: Dunno why, but whenever I upload my pics to the pc it always makes the colors appear dull. Its much shine-ier than this..


Rome-1.jpg
 
Edit: Dunno why, but whenever I upload my pics to the pc it always makes the colors appear dull. Its much shine-ier than this..


Rome-1.jpg

Nice Alfa though - it looks startlingly good in that colour - but why the wing? It definitely removes some of the graceful curves and makes the car appear less statue-y!:)
 
Back