Golden Eye Returns

• Thread starter mika haka
  • 7 comments
Eric-Cartman_No1
Yep thats right the all time classic goldeneye on n64 has been ported to the series x and nintendo switch.

Kinda out of the blue its turned up on gamepass and finally with a modern controll scheme the king console fos returns.

Sadly no multiplayer on xbox but the switch one does albeit i think its only 4 player multiplayer.

Happy days

Last edited:
Yep thats right the all time classic goldeneye on n64 has been ported to the series x and nintendo switch.

Kinda out of the blue its turned up on gamepass and finally with a modern controll scheme the king console fos returns.

Sadly no multiplayer on xbox but the switch one does albeit i think its only 4 player multiplayer.

Happy days

Sadly not this version

Last edited:
Depends what you are after.

I see loads of people complaining about bugs glitches etc but as the developers have said it was in the original game and all they've done is port it.

So to me it plays exactly as i remember it and i love it.

Not a big fan of these remasters as it doesnt look right.

One thing that would have been nice though is increased frame rate as its still EXACTLY like i remember it.

Still awesome though. Cant beat a classic like that.

Last edited:
Depends what you are after.

I see loads of people complaining about bugs glitches etc but as the developers have said it was in the original game and all they've done is port it.

So to me it plays exactly as i remember it and i love it.

Not a big fan of these remasters as it doesnt look right.

One thing that would have been nice though is increased frame rate as its still EXACTLY like i remember it.

Still awesome though. Cant beat a classic like that.
I understand what you mean, but 60fps would've been nice & online multiplayer.

Bethesda done the same thing with the original doom & doom 2, took out the online multiplayer for the re-release.

Last edited:
The controls aren't very good and it's painfully obvious that it was never designed for dual analog sticks, but it's still enjoyable. I was surprised playing it last night that I could pretty much remember exactly what to do and what the tricks were.

I never really played the game much when it originally came out but it was still fun giving it a blast. Unfortunately the framerate combined with the constant view bobbing made me feel sick within 20 minutes

It’s just an upscaled version in an emulator and not the cancelled Rare xbla remake from 2007 that got leaked.

This is likely as good as they can do to just get the game out after all these years of licensing issues. You can’t even buy the game anyways and need game pass, Rare replay, or NSO. So it’s just a fun nostalgia hit.

It’s just an upscaled version in an emulator and not the cancelled Rare xbla remake from 2007 that got leaked.

This is likely as good as they can do to just get the game out after all these years of licensing issues. You can’t even buy the game anyways and need game pass, Rare replay, or NSO. So it’s just a fun nostalgia hit.
No wonder it says I own it. I bought Rare Replay years ago and if they just added it on for no extra cost, that's kind of convenient. Makes me wonder what else they'd try to do that with. Technically you can buy it then, if that's the case - You'll just get a bunch of other games with it at the same time.

Last edited:
Back