Good 550pp American Muscle cars???

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
RUDEBOI-SALUTE_T
What do you guys think are the best 550pp American muscle cars?
I'm thinking the V8 mustang would be fast, not sure though.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
As @Rotary Junkie said, hands down the Camaro SS '10, only the 06 Z06 is faster. 06 Viper can be fast but is not as fast, the Mustangs are at the back of the pack, the Boss 302 is not too shabby, and the SVT Cobra is not bad either, but the Chevy power will win almost every day. I've done a Ford vs Chevy test in my garage, currently doing Vette vs Viper. You can look it up, link in signature. Also check the Archives thread as the SVT Cobra was Car of the Month not that long ago and there were some really good 550pp tunes. Only sleeper would be the Pozzi Camaro RS, will surprise you, even at 550pp.

Good luck.

I actually haven't tried the 302 yet, the Cobra R is still a pretty good choice however. Still well behind the Camaro, but hey.

Edit: Bought a Boss 302 to play with along with a Camaro for paper stat comparison.

Turns out the Boss is as relatively hopeless as I expected, for the reason I expected (tire stagger). And I remembered why the Camaro is fast.

Both of these cars have similarly staggered tire sizes; 245/275 f/r Camaro and 255/285 Boss. Thing is, the weight balance of the Camaro is 47/53 (real world nearer 52/48) while the Boss sits at 54/46.

Add that the Boss ends up heavier than the Camaro with both fully gutted, and it's screwed. At least it's stable under throttle I guess?

Cobra R is a similar story, though at least it has a square stance with 265s all around. Bit less rear grip than either the Boss or Camaro, but it does turn better than the Boss. Just can't match the 'Maro's corner exit possibilities.

Last edited:
My 302 with a personal tune is rapid at max power with rs tyres..
I'm going to downgrade to 500pp and try ss tyres but I will have to tune suspension again.
Is the Superbird any good?

Last edited:
My 302 with a personal tune is rapid at max power with rs tyres..
I'm going to downgrade to 500pp and try ss tyres but I will have to tune suspension again.
Is the firebird (big wing) any good?
Can be with the right tune on the right track.

Back