Good FF and FR cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kevin79
  • 55 comments
  • 2,362 views
Well, now i still have to do the pro FF and FR challenge. I am going to use the TRD Celica for the FF and for the FR....I might use the RX-7 again.
 
Originally posted by bengee
i count the speed twelve as a race car... just cause it can keep up with them...

I guess the Jaguar XJ220 Road Car is too then - it can keep up with almost all the race cars. Oh, but then it does have a Race Car variant... I'm seeing some flaws in your argument here...

Originally posted by bengee
and has df...

No, it doesn't.

Originally posted by bengee
and doesnt look at all like the speed twelves i have ever seen in books or whatever... but that might just be my books lol...

The GT3 Speed 12 is the 3rd generation - and the only one which actually exists in real life. The 1st generation was the 7/12 concept (it's in GT2), which then became the Speed 12 (2nd generation). Then due to the class it was designed to race in being cancelled, they scrapped the car and created a new one based entirely around the existing Cerbera chassis - the 3rd generation TVR Cerbera Speed 12.
 
Originally posted by Famine
I guess the Jaguar XJ220 Road Car is too then - it can keep up with almost all the race cars. Oh, but then it does have a Race Car variant... I'm seeing some flaws in your argument here...

I don't see where your example does anything to bring out flaws in bengee's argument. As a matter of fact, I thought it was a stilly thing to say until I saw your response. The XJ220 Road Car and GT-One Road Car are most definitely cars that most people would count as race cars, and it's pretty ridiculous that they're allowed to enter "normal car" events.
 
Originally posted by Famine
http://www.racing-line.org/coursese...T3&PHPSESSID=9aef2621239f45cf078349b339df5235 and pick a track.

Fastest lapping FR cars are almost always the two Supras or the Gillet Vertigo (on Complex String).

I look at this this way. I bucked the trend in GT2 where the Supra's reined supreme in everyone's books yet on very technical tracks such as Grendlewald, Leguna etc I lapped consistantly quicker in the Skylines such as the Penzoil, and Calsonic. As a quick example I've gotten the Calsonic in GT2 down to consistant low 1:09's with the a best time of low/mid 1:08.xx at leguna. To each their own :)

I suppose if I sat down and really played with one of those tanky supra's I could get them to lap quick, but as for my personal tastes and opinion I'll take the Calsonic thank you :)
 
BBM - If the XJ220 Road Car is a race car, what is the XJ220 Race Car? The XJ220 was built AS a road car in real life anyway! There is more of a case with the TS020, as the road car is merely a road-going version of the race car, for homologation purposes (I assume). Then again, the Subaru Impreza Turbo is just a road-going version of the World Rally Car (all previous Imprezas were 1.6 or 2.0 non-turbos, and just a family saloon)... Although again, the TS020 was created specifically for racing and the Impreza was based upon an already road-going car.

Razor - absolutely right. In my opinion I'd prefer to drive the Loctite to the two JGTC Supras OR your Calso. But other racers have proven the Supra to be the quickest tuned FR car - I was posting accepted fact rather than opinion.
 
Oh and for the record I beleive most of those times on the net about as far as I can throw them. With a game in which being able to alter the car outside the parameters of the game, IE this game shark thing, I view them as nothing than bs cheating. Sorry but as I have mentioned in another thread if that is what a person has to do in order to achieve "glory" then it is a tranparent time.
 
Read the rules at Racing-Line and GT3Times before you decry them.

Most of the drivers who have submitted "top" times have been previously vetted - by means of an Xport/Sharkport or by physically viewing the replay. Those that haven't tend to be questioned - usually ending up with them either proving the time or chucking a complete wobbly.

With Flinx, mr.p, bigp/bigpsycho, Max E., Arco/Wiese, jmr, Rod/Rotty, Didi, Honeycar, bobkart, Missing_Link, Arwin, daan, Thrasher et al. you can be as close to 100% sure as you can be that the car is as it is meant to be in the game and that the run involved no smashing off walls or driving over grass. There's always a small doubt margin - where drivers such as those do something unintentionally - like adding the wrong part for an online race, or having a fraction of a second where a third wheel is off-track - but I trust those guys' times without question.

The current series - GTLeague at GTRP - has random driver replay checks every week. Drivers must submit a replay by Xport/Sharkport. These runs are then watched for cleanliness and analysed through mk's for car legitimacy - it is impossible to create an undetectable hybrid. The trust has been built up over time, but even trusted drivers - including many on the list above - are asked for replays each round.
 
Sorry... :D I keep forgetting colloqiualisms don't travel well... :D

Generally it goes:
"That time is a mite fast. Did you run by the rules, and can you prove it?"
"Yur all jus jelus of me cuz im so fast and yur all crap"
"Time deleted"
Time resubmitted by idiot.
"Xyz has submitted time again, bob."
"Yur all jus jelus of me cuz im so fast and yur all crap. *****g s***t **** b******ks"
"User banned"
 
So "chucking a wobbly" = going nuts? Where's it come from? Anything like "throwing a curveball"?
 
wait the speed 12 doesnt have df??? that cannot be true in real life... that car has fans and the rear bumber is a spoiler right... please tell me wassup famine
 
Chucking a Wobbly is sort of like cracking under pressure...Never heard of throwing a curveball though...:odd:

Well obviously bengee, GT3 isn't entirely realistic, so that's your answer right there...;)
 
well yeah i know... i always thoguht it had df... well that shows you how much i drive my yellow speed 12... hehe...

anyways...
 
The Viper Concept and Speed 12 are overpowered for normal events, but running a car with downforce feels about like using an F1 car in the Beginner League.

How many normal cars have downforce? I know these do:

GT-One Road Car
R390 GT1 Road Car
RUF RGT
Zonda C12
Zonda C12S
 
that is exactly why i wasnt using speed twelve in with the non race cars... but i was wrong...
 
BBM - it's kind of from what kids do when they don't get something their own way... :D

bengee - well of course ALL cars have a downforce effect, but most are not adjustable. The Speed 12 in the game - and in real life - has non-adjustable downforce. Like many cars it IS adorned with wings - which occasionally help, but usually are just for show.

There is, in real life, a racing Speed 12 which does have adjustable downforce.
 
the R34 has an adjustable rear wing :D
 
famine i know all cars have df... lol i would have thought that tvr would had put the time to create a variable df with its fans and that rear bumber spoiler thingee... i mean common it would look better without it so y put it on if its not user friendly...

its not big deal or anything i just was under the imp that the tvr 12 wasnt like lets say other road cars... whoops... lol...
 
I don't know - adjustable DF on road cars is fairly faddy. I mean, the only real ones I can think of are the R34, 3000GT, Murcielago, Porsche Turbo and Boxster - and they all have the on-board computer do it by altering the wing's angle according to road speed.

I can't think of any road car you'd go and buy for use on the road specifically that has properly adjustable downforce - the XTR2 and Radical are both really track cars.

I mean, not even the "zillions invested in" Ferrari F40 and F50 had user-adjustable wings.
 
Originally posted by Famine
I mean, not even the "zillions invested in" Ferrari F40 and F50 had user-adjustable wings.
That's because 90% of the users who even bothered to touch them would probably just screw up the high-speed handling with it anyway.

Does the Speed 12 have downforce fans? I thought those were out of fashion, and largely against the rules nowadays.
 
As someone once said, "The weakest component in any car is usually the driver"...

I don't believe the Speed 12 has - or ever HAD - downforce fans. It probably has one big ass fan to cool down that 7 litre V12, but other than that...
 
maybe it only has tunnels but i am fairly sure it has one or the other... after my midterm i will look it up...
 
i could be mistaken as i was with almost everything else about hte speed 12 lol
 
computer tuned df is probably the best way to go just because the manufacturere knows more about hte cars balance than the buyer... but if ones tuens the car... the balance is then altered and the df will too need to be changed... but y alter a great car already right...
 
:eek: A triple post...***claps his hand over mouth for the second day in a row*** :eek:

Anyway, in GTC there is that Cadillac Cien, in which the rear spoiler pops up around second gear, and some parts in the side skirts slide back, almost like side scoops...:)
 
ok... ok... i will watch how i post... just got lazy and didnt wanna edit and re edit and such and so forth...
 
Back