Good grief, where are all the comfort tyre racers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zolon32
  • 41 comments
  • 2,398 views
Messages
1,881
United Kingdom
England
Messages
Zolon32
Gentlemen, I see myself as nothing special, just a very ordinary person who happens to love the GT series. But I'm beginning to wonder if I'm actually totally unique.

I want to race stock cars such as the Ferrari 458, Ford GT '06, Gallardo etc on comfort soft tyres. But I can find virtually no enthusiasm for it whatsoever. It seems utterly ridiculous to me that the web covers the entire planet, 1.2 million people downloaded GT Academy 2013, and yet I can't get 16 guys together to tear up Silverstone with supercars on comfort tyres.

I know that there are hundreds of thousands of words of debate on this site about realism of various tyres. But I don't give a rat's whether comfort tyres are realistic or not, I just love the battle they have with the forces I'm trying to apply to the road, and the feeling of finally being able to wind the throttle fully open once I've got everything lined up. Man, I really do love that.

So chaps, please tell me, where are the people who feel the same way as me?

Cheers, Zo.
 
Gentlemen, I see myself as nothing special, just a very ordinary person who happens to love the GT series. But I'm beginning to wonder if I'm actually totally unique.

I want to race stock cars such as the Ferrari 458, Ford GT '06, Gallardo etc on comfort soft tyres. But I can find virtually no enthusiasm for it whatsoever. It seems utterly ridiculous to me that the web covers the entire planet, 1.2 million people downloaded GT Academy 2013, and yet I can't get 16 guys together to tear up Silverstone with supercars on comfort tyres.

I know that there are hundreds of thousands of words of debate on this site about realism of various tyres. But I don't give a rat's whether comfort tyres are realistic or not, I just love the battle they have with the forces I'm trying to apply to the road, and the feeling of finally being able to wind the throttle fully open once I've got everything lined up. Man, I really do love that.

So chaps, please tell me, where are the people who feel the same way as me?

Cheers, Zo.
Are you aware of the online racing forum on this site? Go to the top of the page, click the "Gran Turismo 6" link and you'll find it. :cheers:
 
Yeah Blue, I am, thanks. I've had a thread on there since Friday morning, under the single races section. Not a word, not a single reply.

I looked on this section because I was lead to a thread on it when I googled "does anyone love comfort tyres" or something similar. Those chaps were engaging in the endless debate about realism, but there did seem to be some people who generally did use comforts, but no one specifically referring to racing with them.

Perhaps I am unique on the planet, ergo, the universe. Hells bells, I do feel lonely all of a sudden :nervous:

Cheers, Zo.
 
Pretty rare to find an open lobby on anything short of RS tires but they do exist. Spend a few nights during the week online cruising lobbys, jump in to any on SH or CS tires and get to know some of the people, as it's usually many of the same regulars patrolling the lobbies with more realistic tires. Friend some of the participants or the host and then look for them online next time you go online.

The Single Races section doesn't get a lot of attention unfortunately. This is where the long awaited "Community Features" might come in handy as you should be able to advertise your race directly to the entire GT community..if it ever gets here.
 
Yeah Blue, I am, thanks. I've had a thread on there since Friday morning, under the single races section. Not a word, not a single reply.

I looked on this section because I was lead to a thread on it when I googled "does anyone love comfort tyres" or something similar. Those chaps were engaging in the endless debate about realism, but there did seem to be some people who generally did use comforts, but no one specifically referring to racing with them.

Perhaps I am unique on the planet, ergo, the universe. Hells bells, I do feel lonely all of a sudden :nervous:

Cheers, Zo.
 
Hey Zolon, I will race with you. Sounds like a thrill. And I have about 6 others that will as well. The catch is I'll only becable to do it on wendsday. In the afternoon. If that sounds good. Add me.
 
My friends and I run un modded cars on cs tires all the time, no aids no tuning. Our rooms tend to be small, I guess because it's not a popular style of racing but we're out there.

Psn- ice0l8ed
 
My friends and I run un modded cars on cs tires all the time, no aids no tuning. Our rooms tend to be small, I guess because it's not a popular style of racing but we're out there.

Psn- ice0l8ed
Add me up also. I race stock cars CS SS all the time.
 
Thanks very much for the responses gents. Looks like I live on the wrong side of the pond, I might be having to race well into the night to get my fix.

I'll fire off some FRs if that's okay, and let's see if we can race quite trickily together.

Mustang, I gather that Wednesday afternoon for you would be Wednesday night for me, and that would be fine I think.

Cheers, Zo.

Oh, sorry Killer, I didn't see you there before I referred to you all as gents. You are one fit bird, if you don't mind me saying. Mind you, I'm canine, so I can get away with saying things like that.
 
Yeah Blue, I am, thanks. I've had a thread on there since Friday morning, under the single races section. Not a word, not a single reply.

I looked on this section because I was lead to a thread on it when I googled "does anyone love comfort tyres" or something similar. Those chaps were engaging in the endless debate about realism, but there did seem to be some people who generally did use comforts, but no one specifically referring to racing with them.

Perhaps I am unique on the planet, ergo, the universe. Hells bells, I do feel lonely all of a sudden :nervous:

Cheers, Zo.

You are certainly not the only one, don't worry. I love driving stock road cars around Nordschleife with Comfort tires, compound depending on what I believe is closer to what the car have in real life.

Currently, I only do single player hotlapping, because my internet is not great. But add me and if I see you online I'll try to join the race. PSN below avatar.
 
Last edited:
Thanks very much for the responses gents. Looks like I live on the wrong side of the pond, I might be having to race well into the night to get my fix.

I'll fire off some FRs if that's okay, and let's see if we can race quite trickily together.

Mustang, I gather that Wednesday afternoon for you would be Wednesday night for me, and that would be fine I think.

Cheers, Zo.

Oh, sorry Killer, I didn't see you there before I referred to you all as gents. You are one fit bird, if you don't mind me saying. Mind you, I'm canine, so I can get away with saying things like that.
Thanks for the compliments, but that is just a pic a friend sent me. I'm actually a 52 year old male.LOL.
 
Lol thats funny!
But on another note me and my buddies will be on around 6pm Mountain time. So it will prolly be pretty late your time. But I'm on here and there and always willing to race.
 
I love to race on anything between Comfort Hard up to Sports Hard, but I'm getting my fix in GT5's Shuffle rooms at the moment. When they turn off the servers on May 31st I guess I'll be "encouraged" to return to GT6. Maybe I'll see you guys in a GT6 lobby then, if I can train myself to stomach the all those jaggies again that is! :ouch:
 
I rarely race with Sport Hard tires, or more. Driving orn Comfort tires are great fun, and I'm more than willing to race against you (If you're interested, my PSN is under my avatar.)
 
I'm holding a race for stock Supercars (a specific list, Ferrari 458, Lambo Gallardo, Aston One-77 etc, which I will supply to anyone considering taking part, but it's a bit long to repeat here) wearing C/S tyres for 31 laps of Silverstone if anyone is interested. There are ten signups so far, and it will be at 8:00pm BST (Pacific time +8hrs I believe) on Thursday 17th April.

I hope it's of interest to some of you, could be the biggest grid I've raced with for a while.

Cheers, Zo.
 
I'm holding a race for stock Supercars (a specific list, Ferrari 458, Lambo Gallardo, Aston One-77 etc, which I will supply to anyone considering taking part, but it's a bit long to repeat here) wearing C/S tyres for 31 laps of Silverstone if anyone is interested. There are ten signups so far, and it will be at 8:00pm BST (Pacific time +8hrs I believe) on Thursday 17th April.

I hope it's of interest to some of you, could be the biggest grid I've raced with for a while.

Cheers, Zo.
Uhm I think that us about 1am EST for me which is a little past my bed time. I think there is 5 hours difference between UK and EST Canada/US.
 
Add psn: vr6cas, I feel the same way OP, I love stock cars on comfort tires, supercars on comfort soft, everyday drivers on comfort hards to mediums. The racing soft crowd just don't get it. Add me man, and I would love to race and do some track days on different tracks with some like minded people.
 
Add psn: vr6cas, I feel the same way OP, I love stock cars on comfort tires, supercars on comfort soft, everyday drivers on comfort hards to mediums. The racing soft crowd just don't get it. Add me man, and I would love to race and do some track days on different tracks with some like minded people.

I'll get an F/R in the post fella.

Cheers, Zo.
 
Uhm I think that us about 1am EST for me which is a little past my bed time. I think there is 5 hours difference between UK and EST Canada/US.
It's 5 hours the other way. 8pm BST is 3pm here..or 4pm...not sure about the daylight savings time.
 
Thanks very much Rams :)

Cheers, Zo.
 
Opened a room last night entitled Stock 350-500PP CM to SM. Sat there for an hour alone tested out some new cars I bought. No one showed up, not even a tire kicker. I only created the room in the first place because I scoured the entire list twice a half hour apart and couldn't find a single street car room on anything less than SS tires and most on RS. That's a sad commentary IMO on the state of this game, where there is little circuit racing going on to begin with, and almost none on native tires.
 
(Pertaining to GT6)
I'm no fan of comfort tyres: I just do not like slicks on road cars. The rest is all the same to me, low grip or good grip (race cars I tend to not care about at all). But I do prefer any old track over Silverstone. :/
 
Opened a room last night entitled Stock 350-500PP CM to SM. Sat there for an hour alone tested out some new cars I bought. No one showed up, not even a tire kicker. I only created the room in the first place because I scoured the entire list twice a half hour apart and couldn't find a single street car room on anything less than SS tires and most on RS. That's a sad commentary IMO on the state of this game, where there is little circuit racing going on to begin with, and almost none on native tires.

I have same issues, I'll create a free run room with SH max and all assists off any barely does anyone ever bite. I had one bloke take a stab at a Nurb free run room I created for Italian exotics with PP less than 575, SH and all assist off. He ran a couple laps with an '84 GTO and passed me a couple times, but after I overtook him both times upon going off, he left.

Seems that there are so few of us like minded folk. That or we're never on line at the same time.

EDIT: @Johnnypenso

Can I send you a FR?
 
(Pertaining to GT6)
I'm no fan of comfort tyres: I just do not like slicks on road cars. The rest is all the same to me, low grip or good grip (race cars I tend to not care about at all). But I do prefer any old track over Silverstone. :/

"I don't like comfort tyres, so where better to air my views than a thread dedicated to them. Oh look, he's having a race at Silverstone, might as well mention I don't like that either."

It's almost as if the wife's created a GTP account!

Cheers, Zo.
 
Today I found a Norwegian room, 550PP comfort hard at Eiger short. There were 8-9 people in it. Lots of smoke behind the pack but great fun!
 
Sure send it along. @BrandonW77 is whipping up a series or some races with street cars on street tires, completely spec, hopefully we can get going soon.

Yes, Ferrari's. But I'd be (even more) rubbish with them on CS so I'm using stock SH. I do love me some comfort tires, but CS on super cars would make me :nervous: I suppose I should give a couple of them a try, see how many times I get killed. :lol: If I don't get killed too badly maybe I'll bring one racing.
 
Yes, Ferrari's. But I'd be (even more) rubbish with them on CS so I'm using stock SH. I do love me some comfort tires, but CS on super cars would make me :nervous: I suppose I should give a couple of them a try, see how many times I get killed. :lol: If I don't get killed too badly maybe I'll bring one racing.
Nah I just meant street cars on street tires, you know, 400pp on CS, 460pp on SH etc, not supercars on comforts...lol.
 
I'd be interested in joining. :) I always had fun with shuffle races, and this will be similar so see you there. :)
 
Back