Good grief, where are all the comfort tyre racers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zolon32
  • 41 comments
  • 2,398 views
Nah I just meant street cars on street tires, you know, 400pp on CS, 460pp on SH etc, not supercars on comforts...lol.

I'm all about that, but I didn't get the impression that the OP cared for anything higher than CS. :(
 
If anyone is interested I have a room open for untuned cars 350-500 PP on CS to SM tires...i notice there's no room number anymore so I can't post it..I'm at Laguna Seca for now...I'll update the track location in this thread as it changes..or you can try sending me an FR and if I notice it I'll add you.
 
If anyone is interested I have a room open for untuned cars 350-500 PP on CS to SM tires...i notice there's no room number anymore so I can't post it..I'm at Laguna Seca for now...I'll update the track location in this thread as it changes..or you can try sending me an FR and if I notice it I'll add you.

In my experience they might not be able to join the room if it was created before they send/accept the FR. Maybe this was fixed in 1.06 but I've seen it happen many times.

No more room number?? :odd: What the.....
 
If anyone is interested I have a room open for untuned cars 350-500 PP on CS to SM tires...i notice there's no room number anymore so I can't post it..I'm at Laguna Seca for now...I'll update the track location in this thread as it changes..or you can try sending me an FR and if I notice it I'll add you.
On Matterhorn now

EDIT: 1.5 hours and only one person showed up, and he was from the same city as me!! Queue @BrandonW77 with, "I didn't realize two Canadians in the same city could be on the internet at the same time"
 
Last edited:
Seen a number of CM/CS -350PP rooms and participated in a few, but sadly I've yet to encounter one with SRF prohibited, and I don't use it, so I lose consistently. Those cars seem to reap the benefits from that particular driving aid by reducing the braking required to hang onto a corner and thus increasing average speed.

Queue @BrandonW77 with, "I didn't realize two Canadians in the same city could be on the internet at the same time"
This made me LOL pretty hard. :lol:
 
Oops.
 
Seen a number of CM/CS -350PP rooms and participated in a few, but sadly I've yet to encounter one with SRF prohibited, and I don't use it, so I lose consistently. Those cars seem to reap the benefits from that particular driving aid by reducing the braking required to hang onto a corner and thus increasing average speed.

This made me LOL pretty hard. :lol:
I do all my searching with SRF toggled off. North American lobbies have very few circuit rooms, if any, on Sports Hards or Comforts. World lobbies will sometimes have a few.
 
Hi chaps, I've been away from home and struggling with computer access.

Brandon, I do really love comfort tyres, and I do believe that they're perfectly well suited to the cars eligible for this event, but I'm not entirely against S/H, so long as the motors have plenty of grunt.

Anything more than S/H though, and we're moving into the land of fantasy grip in my opinion.

Get in a bit of practice around Silverstone and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Cheers, Zo.
 
I'm always up for some untuned CS racing.
 
I know that there are hundreds of thousands of words of debate on this site about realism of various tyres. But I don't give a rat's whether comfort tyres are realistic or not, I just love the battle they have with the forces I'm trying to apply to the road, and the feeling of finally being able to wind the throttle fully open once I've got everything lined up. Man, I really do love that.
Amen.
 
Nice thing about the concept, a nubb like me wont look too much worse for it... (/dry cough from a strangled throat)
I'll keep an eye open: 'sides, I have to leave the nest "sometime".
 
This is the reason why I barely play GT6 online. To find people that aren't total noobs you have to use forums like this and frankly I don't have the time for stuff like that.

I refuse to use racing soft tires. They're unnecessary and boring to use. Especially on road cars, there's no reason to use more than stock. What's the point of driving a road car if your gonna turn it into a race car.

GT6's online portion is ruined just because they have the choice. If all public lobbies were limited to using the tires that came with the cars, and let the private lobbies be fully custom, I would be online all the time.

Instead, the community is split into to 3. The noobs that need racing soft to stay on the road, the racers that are willing to put up with using racing softs, and people like us that would rather not race online at all than race unrealistically.
 
Last edited:
Back