Good ole days

• Thread starter Tdog_69
  • 16 comments
United States
United States
does anyone dislike this new version as much as I do? All online driven. Less races less cars more b.s. I don’t need a museum for each car company. Where’s the used car lot? Ps servers goes down left with hardly anything. That’s just a few of my gripes. Lol

First off, welcome to GTPlanet :cheers:

Second, I think this would be best discussed in the General Discussion Thread instead of cluttering up the front page of the sub-forum ;)

Im of a similar age as you, & feel similarly about this game; in fact, I spend more time watching replays of online races in GT5 than I do playing GT Sport. I've never been one for nostalgia, but of late have been feeling very much that way (& not just with GT).

I really hate the way that Kaz led us up the garden path regarding GT Sport when he said, "Gran Turismo Sport is actually going to contain more features than any other game in the series to date. Nothing has been dropped, things have only been added. Whether it be the campaign mode, or the offline gameplay, or the open lobbies, everything has been raised in quality and there is more of it, so there is nothing to worry about. Nothing has been dropped." Source. It's these kinds of lies that mislead customers, create false hope, raises expectations, & ultimately sets us up for disappointment. The man seriously needs to learn to be honest & humble about his product.

Why would anyone want the used car lot? Absolutely pointless addition. It turned the game into something more about collecting than racing and unless you've been living on Jupiter for the last year you will be fully aware that this game is about racing. Long may that focus continue!

The focus is on racing. Right where it needs to be.

Now they need to focus on adding more race cars and more real world circuits and all will be right in the world.

Your opinion

I would rather have less race cars that require slick tires, no more real life cookie cutter tracks, and less FIA races that are brain aneurysm inducing.

We need more street cars, street/road circuits and another course creator.

does anyone dislike this new version as much as I do? All online driven. Less races less cars more b.s. I don’t need a museum for each car company. Where’s the used car lot? Ps servers goes down left with hardly anything. That’s just a few of my gripes. Lol

Welcome to GTPlanet!

If you don't like GTS there are other games which you might prefer (especially if you use a wheel) - you may already have tried them!

Your opinion

I would rather have less race cars that require slick tires, no more real life cookie cutter tracks, and less FIA races that are brain aneurysm inducing.

We need more street cars, street/road circuits and another course creator.
PD's opinion, rather

It's called Sport for a reason

"Then the game changed. It's less about competition, and more about collecting cars. Today, we say: We, want change."

I think we have more than enough offline races and features for now! Especially with the League addition, there are some fun races for people who enjoy the AI.
Personally, the real racing starts online for me, against real people who make errors where the AI wont.

And everything else (like the museums, scapes, etc) is a welcomed addition to this game.
It only lacks more tracks and weather. Cars are mostly enough, as most people only use 10% of what we have in game. And I dont need another 20 GTR versions, or more used Miatas :P

I dont see what a new GT could do better, other than add more cars and tracks. Maybe changing time and weather!? Or a story mode? (Which I never wanted for a racing game anyways...)
Or more tuning options?

But for racing? I'm hapyp with GTS right now. :)

No, I personally love it.

Online racing on consoles has always been a joke and I actually never enjoyed it until I embraced the carnage of dirty driving and raced in Grand Theft Auto. There, I could just soak and do random pick up race after pick up race as the game rifles you through the play list. After some time though, the dirty driving was more of an annoyance than a legit tactic (as racing cleaner was always faster) turning a race of skill more into a game of pachinko.

So I tried to go back to normal racing games. When I would then try and play actual racing games online, it was always cumbersome and inconvenient having to get booted out of rooms, disconnection errors, laggy net code (since online racing is an afterthought for most racing games), and public lobbies with no sense of race craft or etiquette.

GT Sport solved all of those issues and now I race everyday on GT Sport rather than GTA because people will actually let me race and stop ramming me relative to the pure insanity of other racing games. I can do race after consecutive race without having to befriend a community to join their unofficial racing league and their weird distorted view of driving etiquette. I don't have to spend 30 minutes playing with my tire pressure just to be a competitive car. Everything is just way more accessible for online play than any other racing game I've played.

I had fun in all past GT games playing career, collecting cars, and maximizing my tunes on all of them so the change in Sport was a bit jarring but I definitely feel that the change was for the better as it opened up my eyes to clean online racing.

PD's opinion, rather

It's called Sport for a reason

"Then the game changed. It's less about competition, and more about collecting cars. Today, we say: We, want change."

‘Sport’ is a loose term, could apply to anything.

Here’s the Kaz quote again:

“Gran Turismo Sport is actually going to contain more features than any other game in the series to date. Nothing has been dropped, things have only been added. Whether it be the campaign mode, or the offline gameplay, or the open lobbies, everything has been raised in quality and there is more of it, so there is nothing to worry about. Nothing has been dropped." Source.

VBR
Im of a similar age as you, & feel similarly about this game; in fact, I spend more time watching replays of online races in GT5 than I do playing GT Sport. I've never been one for nostalgia, but of late have been feeling very much that way (& not just with GT).

I really hate the way that Kaz led us up the garden path regarding GT Sport when he said, "Gran Turismo Sport is actually going to contain more features than any other game in the series to date. Nothing has been dropped, things have only been added. Whether it be the campaign mode, or the offline gameplay, or the open lobbies, everything has been raised in quality and there is more of it, so there is nothing to worry about. Nothing has been dropped." Source. It's these kinds of lies that mislead customers, create false hope, raises expectations, & ultimately sets us up for disappointment. The man seriously needs to learn to be honest & humble about his product.
Kaz had a chance to make GTS a very good game, but the wheels had definitely fallen off this game for me.

‘Sport’ is a loose term, could apply to anything.

Here’s the Kaz quote again:

“Gran Turismo Sport is actually going to contain more features than any other game in the series to date. Nothing has been dropped, things have only been added. Whether it be the campaign mode, or the offline gameplay, or the open lobbies, everything has been raised in quality and there is more of it, so there is nothing to worry about. Nothing has been dropped." Source.
Yeah, 'Sport' is indeed a loose term, that's why they specified the use of the term in the sense that it will be an e-sports focused game with an FiA affiliation.

And I don't get what the purpose of that quote is

I used to be okay with GTS after getting it months ago. But now, I hardly play it because it made me want the old GT back even more now.

That is why I hope for a GT7 soon, since I'm not into the whole "being competitive with anybody" and the focus of online. I want it to bring back everything we loved from the old GTs, and the ability to properly customize your cars. I don't care for esports, and GT was never about that in the past either.
VBR

Kaz is always like that. Constantly making promises he sometimes can not keep. That is why it's best to take anything he saids with a with a grain of salt.

Those GT League events were just grind events. At least I only ever did them to get the free cars. The AI just doesn't cut the mustard.

Playing against real people is great. Sure it can also be bad but its better than playing a game dedicated to dodging moving chicanes just to grind up my garage.

Reminiscing the good old days is fun but you're forgetting all the crap that went with it.

Back