Good tracks for testing car ??

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChromeLEDS
  • 49 comments
  • 3,071 views
Messages
325
United Kingdom
UK
Messages
Ask Me :)
Messages
Don't ask me :(
I was thinking about and I tried out some. I think some tracks are best for testing certain parts of your car so here goes...

Route X - top speed
High speed ring - braking
Top gear test track - under steer and over steer
Tsukuba - drifting
London - cornering speeds
Nurburgring - everything

Can you think of any more ?
 
Trial Mountain, for everything except Top Speed. :)
 
Deep Forest, short curcuit, yet it has everything you need.

A straight for a decent top speed, a U-turn for braking and over/understeer, followed by elevation up and down through quite a few corners.
You can also test high speed cornering stability on the last section.
 
Rome has a bit of everything for testing.

Early lap sweepers, some reasonable straights and some 90 degree turns as well.
 
Trial Mountain here. For everything.
 
Trial Mountain here. For everything.

You can't really test Top Speeds on Trial Mountain though. The straight isn't sufficient enough IMO to get any decent figures. :)
 
Personally I think Cape Ring also is a good one for testing alittle bit of everything as well. I use it to test cornering abilities, top speed (full circuit), stability over up/down elevation, drifting and more 👍 .

EDIT: Trial Mountain really is for lateral grip capabilities IMO.
 
nurburgring f is good if you dont want to a full lap around nordshleife or you can make your own like i have
 
I test all my cars at nurburgring because it has everything
 
Suzuka is a pretty good bet for an all around tune track.
 
RevoXeli
I test all my cars at nurburgring because it has everything

Agreed mine is...

Nurburgring Nordschleife for testing for racing

Grand Valley Speedway for testing drift cars
 
nurburgring f is good if you dont want to a full lap around nordshleife or you can make your own like i have

It's seems that Nurburgring is one of the top tracks for testing at the moment 💡 . Such a shame it went bankrupt I think :( .
 
MSTER232
It's seems that Nurburgring is one of the top tracks for testing at the moment 💡 . Such a shame it went bankrupt I think :( .

Right
 
wait it did what the **** how the hell am i supposed to go to germany to race there next summer dammit!!!
 
wait it did what the **** how the hell am i supposed to go to germany to race there next summer dammit!!!

Actually no don't worry. The 'ring is still alive, but it's probably on it's last legs. I saw a campaign on FB to keep the 'ring alive

 
Rome/Fuji/ or Grand Valley
 
Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Suzuka, Eiger, Autumn Ring, or Laguna Seca cover just about everything you'll need except for straight-line speed. Top speed isn't important to me, and Nords is way too big.
 
Suzuka is usually my track of choice for testing. Grand Valley Speedway is not a bad one either, I often find a longer track is better for testing as you can compare consistency across laptimes.
 
Cape Ring is a good place to test aero.
 
Eiger is great for testing cornering speed, jump stability (doubt it would be that necessary), and drifting.
Deep forest is a great place for almost everything but specializes in elevation changes.
Cape ring is similar to Deep forest but with more radical elevation changes.
We all know what to do with route X
I personally like like to use Le Mans to test my high powered racing cars.
 
Le mans is great because you can test speed and brake stability.
 
The nurburgring is a great testing track. From what I understand it is in the process of being bought out.
 
Trial Mountain, it has bumps in the road so you'll remember not to set it too harsh so it can be used on any track after that, it has a nice variance of sweeping corners and tighter turns so it brings out the traits of the cars a lot better than most other tracks.

But at the end of the day I'm biased. Trial Mountain has been my home track since I first got GT1 so I always tend to return there for testing so *shrugs*

I've heard people have good luck using Suzuka as well for tuning cars
 
I like to test my cars on the autumn ring. Mostly for under 500pp.
 
Nurburgring GP/F is the best test track, has everything. If your car is fast around there, then it is easily tweaked for other tracks. You don't want a track that is too long that you can't do consistent and multiple laps, nor a track that favors one setup over another in a big way, such as Monza or Autumn Ring.

Grand Valley and Suzuka are good testing grounds, but both tracks favor a high downforce setup over med-low. Grand Valley is too twisty, Suzuka is a track of two halves and is almost even, but gives a slight nod to cars with better turn-in/aero.
 
I tend to stick with the 'Ring like you said. Cape Ring has a variety of corners too. Autumn Ring is usually used by me for lower PP road cars.
 
I like to use The Ring and Cape Ring Periphery.

Recently though, I have been creating some tracks and they are brilliant.
Very varied and a great test of handling and speed.
 
Back