Goodbye GT3 LM Cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sambert
  • 47 comments
  • 3,114 views

Select the Polyphony Digital dream car that you would most like to return.


  • Total voters
    126
  • Poll closed .

Sambert

Backsliden Member
Premium
Messages
1,314
Australia
Australia
Aside from the FTO LM and the Zonda race car, GT3 dream cars have been conspicuously absent from GT4 media. As there is reasonable chance that we will be losing some of our old favourites, let us in on the car that most deserves to feature in GT4.


POLL CLOSED/IMAGES REMOVED
 
Images Removed
 
Samberto
Aside from the FTO LM and the Zonda race car, GT3 dream cars have been conspicuously absent from GT4 media. As there is reasonable chance that we will be losing some of our old favourites, let us in on the car that most deserves to feature in GT4.
Care to fill us in on where you came up with "reasonable chance"? Just because we haven't seen it, doesn't mean it's not going to be in. In GT3, the RX7 LM nor the Zonda Race Car show up in the dealership, yet those are both in there. More than a handful of cars don't show up in the dealership.

With the estimated list by KY well over 400 cars, (I can't actually recall the exact number) it seems odd that we'd not have all the cars from GT3.

Fill us in on your conjecture and provide a few links that give reason to doubt my theory and believe yours.

AO
 
Am i wrong if i say that the "LM Race cars" with the GT and PS2 logo all over are fantasy cars? Havent seen a RX-7 LM Race that looks close to the one thats in GT3 so maybe PD has decided to give thoose sort of cars the big ole boot out of the game? Bah i think i might be to tired but.. Yeah gave me something to think about.

/Ed
 
deffinately the Subaru Impreza LM edition......................but where's the Nissan Dajshin silvia?
 
RX-7 LM 👍 👍 ROTARY ENGINE RULE!!!!
 
Der Alta
Care to fill us in on where you came up with "reasonable chance"? Just because we haven't seen it, doesn't mean it's not going to be in. In GT3, the RX7 LM nor the Zonda Race Car show up in the dealership, yet those are both in there. More than a handful of cars don't show up in the dealership.

With the estimated list by KY well over 400 cars, (I can't actually recall the exact number) it seems odd that we'd not have all the cars from GT3.

Fill us in on your conjecture and provide a few links that give reason to doubt my theory and believe yours.

AO

As the above cars have failed to surface as a group there is a ‘reasonable’ chance some of them won’t make it. Just as we have yet to see the JGTC cars from GT3. I have not made an equivocal statement, rather an observation. Hence the inclusion of a question mark in the title.

If you want to go into specifics, I believe that the Subaru will be dropped as a result of the inclusion of the real world Cusco. Secondly the RX-LM apes the JGTC RX-7 that has been modelled for inclusion, making it a potential target.
 
RX-7!!! although my brother will vote for the Camaro cause he loves them.
 
The Rx-7 LM is a great car in GT3, and I would hope to see it again.
 
The Camaro, but I also love the RX-7. It had the only "glowing in the dark" decals on it.
 
What there takening away rx-7! How could they?!? what are they thinking of? Is this for sure, or a maybe?
 
Der Alta
Care to fill us in on where you came up with "reasonable chance"? Just because we haven't seen it, doesn't mean it's not going to be in. In GT3, the RX7 LM nor the Zonda Race Car show up in the dealership, yet those are both in there. More than a handful of cars don't show up in the dealership.

With the estimated list by KY well over 400 cars, (I can't actually recall the exact number) it seems odd that we'd not have all the cars from GT3.

Fill us in on your conjecture and provide a few links that give reason to doubt my theory and believe yours.

AO


I tought that they do have Pagani race car in real life.
 
Samberto
As the above cars have failed to surface as a group there is a ‘reasonable’ chance some of them won’t make it. Just as we have yet to see the JGTC cars from GT3. I have not made an equivocal statement, rather an observation. Hence the inclusion of a question mark in the title.

If you want to go into specifics, I believe that the Subaru will be dropped as a result of the inclusion of the real world Cusco. Secondly the RX-LM apes the JGTC RX-7 that has been modelled for inclusion, making it a potential target.
Excellent observation. Very good thought on why it might or might not make it.

Very rare in this forum to find someone that has a reason behind their post. Even rarer is someone who can clear and objectively state their reasoning.

Hmm... Cusco, something to look forward to.

Thanks,

AO
 
I think all will, but I voted for the RX-7...
 
Camaro because I want them to re-do the sound and make it sound like a V8, but I would like to see all of the cars you pictured back in GT4. 👍
 
I voted for the s2000 Lm race car.....

But I find it hard to find the right argument for my choice. It is a bit based on sentiment towards the s2000 which is capable of outrace an overpowered competitor bacause of its handling... (see the s2000 race car in prologue against the rally cars)
 
I went for the S2000 LM, looked amazing, sounded amazing, and drove like a legend.

There was a Zonda race car that competed (briefly) in the Sebring 12 hours in 2003, but i think the gearbox broke and it didnt make the start, dont think it has done much racing since
PagnaiPan.jpg
 
Der Alta
Excellent observation. Very good thought on why it might or might not make it.

Very rare in this forum to find someone that has a reason behind their post. Even rarer is someone who can clear and objectively state their reasoning.

Hmm... Cusco, something to look forward to.

Thanks,

AO
First sorry for the double post.

I agree with the arguments that Samberto used and the compliments he got for it.

I disagree with the fact that the majority (opposite of the very rare) of the members are not able to make posts without a proper reason or beeing able to make this reason clear.


What is your reason for choosing the cusco then?
 
k2racer
First sorry for the double post.

I agree with the arguments that Samberto used and the compliments he got for it.

I disagree with the fact that the majority (opposite of the very rare) of the members are not able to make posts without a proper reason or beeing able to make this reason clear.


What is your reason for choosing the cusco then?

i have to agree with you there. My own reasons for chossing the s2000 are similar to yours k2racer. What i did find was that the s2000 was really well balanced and that made it easy to drive hard all the time and therefore was one of the more rewarding cars in gt3.
 
Samberto
As the above cars have failed to surface as a group there is a ‘reasonable’ chance some of them won’t make it. Just as we have yet to see the JGTC cars from GT3. I have not made an equivocal statement, rather an observation. Hence the inclusion of a question mark in the title.

If you want to go into specifics, I believe that the Subaru will be dropped as a result of the inclusion of the real world Cusco. Secondly the RX-LM apes the JGTC RX-7 that has been modelled for inclusion, making it a potential target.

Very true, I always thought those LM cars were created because they were unable to obtain the licence for a real racecar version (camaro possibly I mean there must have been a racing version in real life in some racing series), or there was no race modifed version of that car at the time (Impreza LM, Zonda Racecar). But then you have the cars that have real racing versions but are also LM cars (RX-7 and the FT0) infact the FTO LM and the Trampio JGTC FTO both appeared in GT2, so maybe we might see an inclusion of both.

I'm hoping we might see the return of the crazy MR Del Sol LM.
 
I saw a Zonda on TV two days ago.
Some race in Belgium, I think. WSC maybe?
 
i gotta go with the Impreza, cuz it was the only car w/lots of hp that could handle rally courses... or maybe i just didnt kno how to tune the other cars..?
 
I chose Camero
but I rather like to see the Alteeza LM return from GT2
the one with 2 doors and wide body
the carbon-fibra body HKS alteeza works for me too
 
id have to go for that subaru impreza it was undoubtably one of the best cars in the game, won countless races with it.
 
DevilGTx
I saw a Zonda on TV two days ago.
Some race in Belgium, I think. WSC maybe?

Yeah having said that the Zonda hasnt competed much in the last year i found out that the Zonda is actually competeing in this years FIA Le mans series championships and was also in this years Le mans, so i stand corrected! One hell of a car, hope we get it in the game again
 
RX-7 in the green did it for me, and it is probably fair to say that it was the fastest of the dream team. I’m sure that we’ll be pulling out our dusty copies of GT3 for some lost cars two years down the track…just hope it’s not these ones. Just as PD dumped the NSX LM in the upgrade from GT1 to GT2, we can I think expect some seemingly illogical causalities.
 
Back