Goodbye GT3 LM Cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sambert
  • 47 comments
  • 3,114 views

Select the Polyphony Digital dream car that you would most like to return.


  • Total voters
    126
  • Poll closed .
RX-7 LM? Who will want to drive that when you can use the RX-8 LM in 787 colors.
 

Attachments

  • Mrx8lm_WEB.jpg
    Mrx8lm_WEB.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 30
k2racer
First sorry for the double post.

I agree with the arguments that Samberto used and the compliments he got for it.

I disagree with the fact that the majority (opposite of the very rare) of the members are not able to make posts without a proper reason or beeing able to make this reason clear.


What is your reason for choosing the cusco then?
I didn't choose the Cuscho, only thought it interesting. I'd prefer it as it's a real car. While the many of the LM cars are "based" on real cars or even complete facsimiles of cars, (And I've logged my fair share of miles in them) I'd prefer a real car in the game as opposed to a dream car.

AO
 
I like that Impreza! And that #55 (my lucky number!) renown RX-8 is also very nice ...
 
Camaro - It was the first racecar I won in GT3's GT mode :D
It would be sad for any of these cars to leave the GT series though.
 
rg2j
RX-7 LM? Who will want to drive that when you can use the RX-8 LM in 787 colors.
[Dodge Hemi Ram Truck Commercial]Sweet![/Dodge Hemi Ram Truck Commercial]
 
Sorry but can I ask which race you can get the RX-7 LM in GT3?!?!?!

sorry...kinda offtopic.. but I wanna get it.. after playing so long I still don't know which race to get it
 
I'd probably vote for the Camaro to be back. Why? The S2000, while excellent, I never found nearly as interesting as the badass white racing one from GT2. That same reasoning can be applied to the Altezza LM, as well. I miss my yellow wide-body. The Impreza was, afaik, a quick mock-up of the then-new STi in a similar style to the old Cusco, just moving it up to FTO LM-levels of performance. With a new Cusco in (and looking quite good, I may add), I don't think the old car will be a priority. Lastly, the RX-7 may just be knocked out by the RX-8 LM. The Camaro was a fun take on the car.

I wouldn't mind seeing them all back, but I'd rather PD give priority to real cars. I like to see their imaginations flow once in a while with the dream cars, though.
 
Der Alta
While the many of the LM cars are "based" on real cars or even complete facsimiles of cars, (And I've logged my fair share of miles in them) I'd prefer a real car in the game as opposed to a dream car.


As much as I enjoy the dream cars, I am of the view that real racers are more satisfying in the longer term. Let’s hope that PD will provide full 6 car grids for all racing classes represented, rather than construct a new class of fictitious racers. Bring on the GT300 championship…

Edit: /\ RX-7 LM can be won in Amateur Dream Car Championship.
 
Why is this thread titled "Goodbye Camaro S2000 RX-7 Impreza Altezza?" Forgive my ignorance, but is the Dream Car Championship being axed for GT4 or something? :dunce:
 
Man it would be tight if PD would make a RUF RGT LM car.
 
rico13
Man it would be tight if PD would make a RUF RGT LM car.

It seems as though you have been reading my thoughts. We are in need of a de-facto racing Porsche in the game. I would however be more in favour of a subtle race modification for the RGT. The more realistic the better, that’s why I’m quite keen on the Ford GT LM.

Interestingly Group S challenge for Xbox had an RGT with racing stripes as far as I can remember. Looked great, similar in fact to GT3 RS. Has anybody got group S challenge?
 
Samberto, even though they may not appear in any recent photos, I don't think it singles out any chances of them being in GT4. If I had to choose between the 5, I have two choices. I love the Camaro Race Car. Kind of reminds me of the GT1-racing Camaros I've heard of before. I can recall in GT1 that I race modified a Z28, and I faced off against two other Camaros colored like mine. I took them down of course. But this race car is perhaps the sweetest "Dream Car" in terms of domestic (America in my case) cars. Outside of America, it's a toss-up between the RX-7 LM and the S2000 LM. I'm sort of more a Honda fan, and the S2000 is very agile. Only questionable element about it is that it looks more powerful than it actually is. I've been trying to find a Honda S2000 online that has that sort of weird light cluster as in GT3, but to no avail. I think if the extra four headlights would be styled more like the Dodge Viper GTS-R or the Mazda RX-7 LM, I think it would have a better look. With the lights turned off, I mistook them for a Mercedes-Benz.

So my picks would be the Camaro and the S2000. I would also include the RX-7 to my list. A weird thought I had was that we've seen an RX-8 LM, and I don't know if that's going to overshadow the RX-7 LM. Keep in mind, the RX-8 isn't told to be an evolution of the RX-7. So even though I picked the Camaro and S2000, the RX-7 may be knocked off. But hey, I'll still take an RX-8.
 
Just voted for the Impreza LM race car, Yellow of course. On great looking car and also one of the best overall cars in the game. I remember beating stock GT-Ones with my Impreza LM. And what a sound, BTW.

But I think we'll all get them back in GT4, I'd bet money on that. And I totally agree with people who say they prefer real race cars to fake ones.

See ya :sly:
 
Lambo88
Just voted for the Impreza LM race car, Yellow of course. On great looking car and also one of the best overall cars in the game. I remember beating stock GT-Ones with my Impreza LM. And what a sound, BTW.

But I think we'll all get them back in GT4, I'd bet money on that. And I totally agree with people who say they prefer real race cars to fake ones.

See ya :sly:
Yeah, the Impreza LM has excellent handling for being 4WD. Minimal understeer. 👍
 
tend to agree with you, although im sure its not just me who's grown fond of the LM's. the FTO from gt1/2 was godlike, and the RX-7 with the 3 spokers (or maybe that was a race mod... hmmmm... bloody memory) was sex on wheels. id miss em if they went, all i want is them to be *cough* "an accurate representation of what the car would be like if someone actually made it"
 
I'm pretty sure that we'll see them again. Maybe not with those paintjobs, but probably new versions.
 
i liked the chevy not the rx-7 as said before we now have the rx-8 so why drive a rx-7???
So i gotta go for the chevy :dopey:
 
Back