Goodwood 5-3 X2010 Records

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT5Power
  • 54 comments
  • 4,312 views
I see, makes sense now. Will you try and experiment anymore on this event anytime soon? Can't believe PD messed up sector time viewing in replays compared to GT5, I was hoping they were going to improve it. Only can see to one decimal place unless I'm missing something. First sector is just launch, crazy how much time I lost there. I was thinking maybe only a tenth or so maybe it so I guess starting in 1st gear is way to go. I'm not surprised by your sector 3 time as I think I also have been about 4 tenths up on it, problem is when you go flat it makes the starting of last sector very hard to do.
Probably not anytime soon to be honest, this car is insane haha! Yeah, I started in 1st at about half throttle. I think that's probably true, I didn't get the following corner as well as you, I think I was 4mph slower at the finish line aswell! But I crashed quite a few times at that corner, so I was just trying to get round haha!
 
Probably not anytime soon to be honest, this car is insane haha! Yeah, I started in 1st at about half throttle. I think that's probably true, I didn't get the following corner as well as you, I think I was 4mph slower at the finish line aswell! But I crashed quite a few times at that corner, so I was just trying to get round haha!
The magic is also the SRF so the more you get tyres red (The right amount) and also floor it, the more lap time you can get it seems so having quick steering should help that last sector a lot. I agree the car is insane, best thing about this combo is it is very short so it is very possible to do an awesome time and also the car sounds awesome, can be quite addicitive. The last sector was my nemesis too, funny thing is even the last corner got me a few times too. I ended up doing the other sectors averagely and doing the last sector quite well which was quite ironic.
 
24.982 with a DS3 :)

Dude, I'm sorry and mean no disrespect, but I'm having a hard time believing anyone can get gold with a DS3. I've owned all GT games and loved each one and mastered the X 2011 in GT5, but I cannot after 2 weeks of trying continually each day get closer than 33.438 with a DS3. If you did in fact use one, please send me your car settings and GT6 controller settings? I'm literally at the stage of trading this game in and washing my hands of GT6 and all future versions. Thanks for the help.
 
It's really not that hard. But a lot of practice is needed to punch silver, let alone gold.
 
Dude, I'm sorry and mean no disrespect, but I'm having a hard time believing anyone can get gold with a DS3. I've owned all GT games and loved each one and mastered the X 2011 in GT5, but I cannot after 2 weeks of trying continually each day get closer than 33.438 with a DS3. If you did in fact use one, please send me your car settings and GT6 controller settings? I'm literally at the stage of trading this game in and washing my hands of GT6 and all future versions. Thanks for the help.

Haha happy to help. :)

I used no aids except ABS 1. Start off in 3rd gear to get the best possible launch. Steering sensitivity for me was 7. It needs to be so the car turns when you want it to. I find too much steering lag otherwise.

Bear in mind it took me about 2 hours to keep chipping away at it to get this time. There's still more time to find. It's definitely possible.
 


26.450.
 
25.874 with Controller
25.756 with wheel (G27).
 
Dude, I'm sorry and mean no disrespect, but I'm having a hard time believing anyone can get gold with a DS3. I've owned all GT games and loved each one and mastered the X 2011 in GT5, but I cannot after 2 weeks of trying continually each day get closer than 33.438 with a DS3. If you did in fact use one, please send me your car settings and GT6 controller settings? I'm literally at the stage of trading this game in and washing my hands of GT6 and all future versions. Thanks for the help.

I golded with a DS3 after about 300 tries I figure, about an hour to an hour and a half each night for 4 nights. Will post a pic of my record time when I get a chance, as I don't even remember what it it is. I made no changes to the car or the controller settings. Just persistence and practice. And I am by no means a skilled driver. I am having an even harder time golding the S-5 license test.

Here it is: 0:30.747 with a DS3
20140102_233509_zps800f766d.jpg
 
Last edited:
Sorry I forgot about this :O Leaderboard will be updated later today.
 
29.257, DS3, ABS 1, TC 1, all other aids off, sensitivity -2
jRVhj5H.jpg
 
Bit late, but updated everything.
 
I don't remember. I just know it was a pain to get gold. Once I did I turned away and never looked back. I guess I was just tenth's of a second within the gold time.
 
24.431 was my best time. It was alright, really it was a compromise of a bad 1st sector, a decent 2nd sector and a passable 3rd sector, but I never nailed or even came close to nailing every sector in the one lap, it's a lot easier said than done.

I haven't played GT6 properly in a long while though and lost my replays when I did the credit glitch. Could probably get a screenshot of it next time I turn the game on though. I thought that Saidur's 23.9 would be beaten but I'm somewhat surprised at it being by as much as half a second.

Makes me realise how impossible it would be for me to take my racing passion into reality, when you think you're a fast or skilled driver the world of the internet is there to really show you how insignificant your ability is! To think, without the internet then a lot of us "decent" fast drivers might be under the impression that we're genuinely good, because our only comparison would be the local people.

I play guitar and used to often hear people rating me pretty highly in my country (which was always funny to hear at shows), I thought I was pretty good myself.. Until youtube came along, you see people with almost unimaginable amounts of talent, make you look like an amateur!
 
Last edited:
image.jpg

Decided my old DS3 record needed updating so here it is.
ABS set to 1, no TCS and steering sensitivity at 7.
 
24.431 was my best time. It was alright, really it was a compromise of a bad 1st sector, a decent 2nd sector and a passable 3rd sector, but I never nailed or even came close to nailing every sector in the one lap, it's a lot easier said than done.

I haven't played GT6 properly in a long while though and lost my replays when I did the credit glitch. Could probably get a screenshot of it next time I turn the game on though. I thought that Saidur's 23.9 would be beaten but I'm somewhat surprised at it being by as much as half a second.

Makes me realise how impossible it would be for me to take my racing passion into reality, when you think you're a fast or skilled driver the world of the internet is there to really show you how insignificant your ability is! To think, without the internet then a lot of us "decent" fast drivers might be under the impression that we're genuinely good, because our only comparison would be the local people.

I play guitar and used to often hear people rating me pretty highly in my country (which was always funny to hear at shows), I thought I was pretty good myself.. Until youtube came along, you see people with almost unimaginable amounts of talent, make you look like an amateur!
I'm only surprised by the amount of time found launching in first gear at start, anyway gives me hope next time I try and see how close I can get to breaking the next barrier of getting under 23 seconds. Hoping steering change on G27 might help get that little extra out of the car. Will help with mileage grind too for probably last trophy people get for Platinum.

It is very possible to take your racing passion into reality, just do GT Academy and hopefully virtual to reality transfer is very good and quick. Mainly only one person I found times incredible and that is Ti-tech85, it is pretty crazy how he manages to beat other top GT players which looks like from the outside that he does it with relative ease and little time spent on it. Also laps he does shows incredible car control. Also amazing to see is on certain combinations some drivers excelling a lot, like BanditKarter22 in last Spa GT5 TT or like IMMORTALPILOT in the Côte D'Azur Formula GT TT.

Main thing though is you understand where the lap time is so you can at least match or beat top lap sector times. Stringing them together is another story, when you accomplished that, you have successfully turned into an alien ;).
 
I'm only surprised by the amount of time found launching in first gear at start, anyway gives me hope next time I try and see how close I can get to breaking the next barrier of getting under 23 seconds. Hoping steering change on G27 might help get that little extra out of the car. Will help with mileage grind too for probably last trophy people get for Platinum.

It is very possible to take your racing passion into reality, just do GT Academy and hopefully virtual to reality transfer is very good and quick. Mainly only one person I found times incredible and that is Ti-tech85, it is pretty crazy how he manages to beat other top GT players which looks like from the outside that he does it with relative ease and little time spent on it. Also laps he does shows incredible car control. Also amazing to see is on certain combinations some drivers excelling a lot, like BanditKarter22 in last Spa GT5 TT or like IMMORTALPILOT in the Côte D'Azur Formula GT TT.

Main thing though is you understand where the lap time is so you can at least match or beat top lap sector times. Stringing them together is another story, when you accomplished that, you have successfully turned into an alien ;).

I've managed top (or very close) times in other sims in the past, but it takes so much effort and practice and analysing on my part to arrive at that point. When you throw open car setups into the mix then it's just too crazy.

For example at Assetto Corsa I put in a lot of time figuring out how to just keep up with Aderrm to put myself into the sub 1:42 times in the M3 GT2 at Imola. I then made a lap guide video and showed others exactly how to do it. But the work put into getting to that point and then trying to explain it to others was substantial, while some people seem to just jump in and do it from raw ability.

I had then made small setup tweaks with my very limited car setup knowledge and shaved off a further 0.5 seconds (1:41.3), leaving me with the fastest lap to my knowledge. But checking around and I've seen leaderboards showing the top 2-3 times in the 1:40s. Going back to the release and I recall Kunos stating that the fastest drivers would be doing low 1:42s!

It's almost like it's never ending, especially so with open setups. I'm a decent driver and a competitive one but I just don't have the talent to keep up with some of these drivers, fact is that they are very likely doing it with a lot less time and effort put in than myself.

I don't particularely get on so well with GT5/GT6 as I have done with the PC sims, partly because I find it hard to feel the edge of grip in GT and I struggle with braking compared to other sims. Also, there is always a lot of track abuse (using offroad to help turn the car etc) and with the GT physics you can get away with it. This particular event my aim was simply to beat the best at the time (Tidgney) which wasn't too bad because the lap wasn't that min/max, but then it's just a 23-25 second sprint where a little luck goes a long way! I'l probably not bother with this event again, especially since there are no leaderboards!


I don't have a racing licence IRL but do plan to get (national B) it this spring, and If money is alright I do plan to get into some amateur racing, honestly though seeing just how much talent is out there I don't think I'm actually fast enough, not even close.
 
26.874
Dude, I'm sorry and mean no disrespect, but I'm having a hard time believing anyone can get gold with a DS3. I've owned all GT games and loved each one and mastered the X 2011 in GT5, but I cannot after 2 weeks of trying continually each day get closer than 33.438 with a DS3. If you did in fact use one, please send me your car settings and GT6 controller settings? I'm literally at the stage of trading this game in and washing my hands of GT6 and all future versions. Thanks for the help.
I used default settings for both controller and car, managed 30.xxx when I first tried it. Tried again last night and did 26.874

You CAN carry so much speed into the corners you just have to think ahead and hope you don't put a wheel on the grass or into the barriers. Keep trying.

Finally got round to uploading this to YouTube! Enjoy! :D

How the hell do you go through the first set of barriers flat? What are your settings, what do you use
 
here is mine 29.615
ds3, abs 1, tcs 5, no asm, steering sensitivity at 0


didnt try for better as i was ready to toss the controller lol
 
so many of you guys are so good at this game! I can barely keep that damn thing on the track, let alone get a worthy time. Threads like this make me realise how terrible i am at this game ! :lol:
 
great time guys
do any one of you know if the "controller sensitivity" will affect the wheel users ? or is that just for DS3 users
 
so many of you guys are so good at this game! I can barely keep that damn thing on the track, let alone get a worthy time. Threads like this make me realise how terrible i am at this game ! :lol:
dont feel bad
my time took me about an hour of incessant restarts
i had one random finish about half way through that was about .2 shy of a gold, i was mad :banghead:🤬
 
Back