Got an early copy of the game

• Thread starter Gran7early
  • 44 comments
United States
United States
So Amazon sent me a copy of the game yesterday. Needless to say I was shocked when I got it as I was expecting a March 4th date. Anyways I wanted to help the community and allow others to ask me questions and I’ll try to answer without spoiling the game for anyone. Oh btw be ready for a 90 gb download before being able to play.

I think physics have greatly improved at least in my game time on the controller. The cars are more realistic in the sense that you loose traction more often but the car stays controllable unlike GT Sport where I felt that when you lost traction you would spin out most of the time. I’m definitely looking forward to how this workouts on the wheel. Also got to drive on water and the new weather system is nice. It’s very realistic as I tried to drive a car with normal tires on a wet track and it was sliding everywhere and hydroplaning as in real life. Also puddles form on lower spots in the road and you can feel that resistance and how it changes the direction of the car. I think on the wheel it would try to jerk the wheel like in real life.

Can we do engine swaps?

Are there some new tracks that were not announced before the release?

What about the simulation mode? Does it really looks like what we knew before GT Sport?

Is there something wronger than the previous game?

Which new features are great?

Is there a B-Spec mode?

Do we have a track maker?

Last edited:
In Custom Race Mode is there still the ability to choose to turn the boost off? And still in Custom Race Mode can we choose 20 car grids & choose difficulty level? Thanks in advance.

Is the throttle still non-linear and is there an option to change it?
I never noticed the non-linearity in the old one but I’ll check tonight and let you know. I will however say I’m underwhelmed with the ps5 controls as I think the triggers could have been used much more

Can we do engine swaps?

Are there some new tracks that were not announced before the release?

What about the simulation mode? Does it really looks like what we knew before GT Sport?

Is there something wronger than the previous game?

Which new features are great?

Is there a B-Spec mode?

Do we have a track maker?
Only engine swap I’ve seen so far is for a new stock engine. I don’t have many miles on my cars but I think it will be a wear item at some point.

No new tracks that haven't been announced.

Nothing worse than the old one. There are some aspects like the weather which are great. Also as mentioned before I think dual sense use could have been better but the game isn’t even technically out yet and I’m sure it will improve.

I’m not sure what b-spec is sorry

No track maker that I’ve seen thus far sorry.

I don’t know what you mean by simulation mode. Are you referring to the feature announced where you can change parts and see how it improves your time?

In Custom Race Mode is there still the ability to choose to turn the boost off? And still in Custom Race Mode can we choose 20 car grids & choose difficulty level? Thanks in advance.
I will check that for you and let you know tomorrow.

What adjustments (If any), can you make to all the in-game views (cockpit, chase, bonnet, bumper). Thanks dude. 👍🏼

Last edited:
I don’t know what you mean by simulation mode. Are you referring to the feature announced where you can change parts and see how it improves your time?
I mean the good old career mode that let’s us do so many things with progress tracking and all the stuffs 😉

Can you take a screenshot/phone image of all the open lobby host settings?
Possibly, I have to figure out how to get it from ps5 to post it

I mean the good old career mode that let’s us do so many things with progress tracking and all the stuffs 😉
The career is sort of a grind… I personally like driving American cars but this game makes you grind and learn all the Japanese cars including little compacts before moving on to more Japanese cars and then American cars in the career. I do like that GT sport let you use a larger variety of cars for career stuff for the most part.

Possibly, I have to figure out how to get it from ps5 to post it
If you have a second PSN-account just send screenshots to yourself from the PS and save them through the PS-App on your phone.

I think physics have greatly improved at least in my game time on the controller. The cars are more realistic in the sense that you loose traction more often but the car stays controllable unlike GT Sport where I felt that when you lost traction you would spin out most of the time. I’m definitely looking forward to how this workouts on the wheel. Also got to drive on water and the new weather system is nice. It’s very realistic as I tried to drive a car with normal tires on a wet track and it was sliding everywhere and hydroplaning as in real life. Also puddles form on lower spots in the road and you can feel that resistance and how it changes the direction of the car. I think on the wheel it would try to jerk the wheel like in real life.
This is wonderful. Thanks. Please feel free to give us your opinion on the ffb and physics once you've had some quality time with the game.

Someone on Reddit says they've got the PS4 version, so perhaps we'll get some footage from that version pretty soon..

Did you happen to catch where they live & where they purchased it from?

Hi, could you kindly check if changing the tire width will affect the PP or cosmetic only? Thanks

Did you mess with tire pressures, what's the verdict on the new tire model?

And in regards to a wheel as well...

What's noticeable physics-wise that wasn't in GT Sport or GT6?

How in depth is the weather simulation? Does it realistically change the grip levels of the track? Is it all that's it's cracked up to be?

Last edited:
What adjustments (If any), can you make to all the in-game views (cockpit, chase, bonnet, bumper). Thanks dude. 👍🏼
Chase camera and cockpit view are the only adjustable ones. Cockpit views depth and height can be changed and chase camera axis and zoom I believe.

Did you mess with tire pressures, what's the verdict on the new tire model?

And in regards to a wheel as well...

What's noticeable physics-wise that wasn't in GT Sport or GT6?

How in depth is the weather simulation? Does it realistically change the grip levels of the track? Is it all that's it's cracked up to be?
No tire pressures unfortunately which is about the only adjustment missing in the game. Weather simulation is great probably the best feature. I feel it is super realistic and makes the game very life like in the rain. Tracks with low spots will have puddles you want to avoid or it’ll yank the car around and if you get caught with slicks in the rain then you’re in for a bad time as the car will just slip and slide around.

Hi, could you kindly check if changing the tire width will affect the PP or cosmetic only? Thanks
So I tried on a car. Went back to stock wheels and pp went down. Then went aftermarket wide and it stayed the same but increasing the offset did make my pp go up.

Yes boost is like in the old one. There’s a weak, strong, and none. And yes you can pick 20 cars and their difficulty. Also I see in custom race mode you can pick weather as well

Back