• 25 comments

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
Can anyone who has played the regular version & the Game Of The Year Edition on PS4 tell me; does the GOTY Edition have less bugs?

Last edited:
I only have the GOTY edition, but it updated/installed itself to "Version 10.0" so I suspect it's the same as the regular version updated to Version 10. The included content was also just a redeemable code to download it all. I was a bit disappointed that it isn't more of a future-proof package with everything rolled onto a disc.

Been playing game of the year edition on PS4 for at least 4 months.

Have not seen any major bugs or even minor bugs for that matter.

Maybe occasional game locking up, but no more than any other game.

The included content was also just a redeemable code to download it all. I was a bit disappointed that it isn't more of a future-proof package with everything rolled onto a disc.

I got the game of the year edition for Christmas - mine didn't come with any redeemable codes - all the previous DLC cars and tracks were already on the disc.

Have not seen any major bugs or even minor bugs for that matter. Maybe occasional game locking up, but no more than any other game.

I've only played the game for about 12 hours so far. Haven't noticed any bugs apart from the following - game locked up a couple of times - had to exit and re enter game. Wheel occasionally doesn't have force feedback - cured by unplugging power block for wheel then replugging. Sometimes wheel buttons stop working when navigating parts of the menu - cured by using hand controller then wheel buttons work again. Doesn't seem very buggy to me so far (touch wood!) - in fact really enjoying the game so far, driving all aids off, cars stock, force feedback stock - I thought it best to try and learn to drive the cars as they are first before making any adjustments.

I don't regard system lock-ups as something normal, but fortunately I have not encountered any in PCARS after a month with the game. Only in The Crew, which is overall a shakier game than PCARS.

For the most part I've only encountered small avoidable UI snags, like the old bug where it forgets your chosen livery, some inconsistencies with setting the time/weather, and a bug where my car wouldn't leave the pit garage in a practice/qualifying session unless I selected "Return to Pit" to reset the car. AI cars have collided with track surface "landmines" in a couple instances, but so far the only race-affecting glitch to happen to me was when my pit crew pumped a full tank of fuel when I only selected a partial fill.

I got the game of the year edition for Christmas - mine didn't come with any redeemable codes - all the previous DLC cars and tracks were already on the disc.
Strange. I suppose it could be a regional difference for some reason.

Sometimes wheel buttons stop working when navigating parts of the menu - cured by using hand controller then wheel buttons work again.
I've had this a couple of times. If I start the game up on a controller it doesn't recognise my T300 when I log in with it. I've found that I have to log out and log back in with the wheel first (or just do that to start with) then everything is fine, even when I wake the PS4 when it sleeps.

The only bug I've found so far is me! I have a habit of jumping starts and getting drive through penalties. :lol:

For the record, my GOTY version purchased this Christmas also had all the tracks and DLC content included without any codes needed.

So has anyone owned the regular version before getting the GOTY, & can tell a difference with how buggy there are?

By the way, GOTY Edition is only £15.99 on the UK PS Store at present.

:)

VBR
So has anyone owned the regular version before getting the GOTY, & can tell a difference with how buggy there are?

By the way, GOTY Edition is only £15.99 on the UK PS Store at present.

:)
How on earth could it be less buggy? All versions have to be identical code wise for online play! ;)

How on earth could it be less buggy? All versions have to be identical code wise for online play! ;)

Some people on PS4 get loads of bugs, others on PS4 hardly get any. You could say how on earth could one person get more & another get less because the code is identical.

@VBR For the time I played pCARS GOTY edition (5 to 10 lap races) I never encountered a single issue. Maybe it has to do with certain race settings and durations but for me it ran perfectly fine.

@VBR For the time I played pCARS GOTY edition (5 to 10 lap races) I never encountered a single issue. Maybe it has to do with certain race settings and durations but for me it ran perfectly fine.

Thanks for the reply, but it's not answered my question. I already have the regular version, & it's really buggy for me on my PS4. I'm wondering if it's worth getting the GOTY edition & if it will have less bugs in comparison. Only someone who has played both versions on their console can tell me that.

VBR
Thanks for the reply, but it's not answered my question. I already have the regular version, & it's really buggy for me on my PS4. I'm wondering if it's worth getting the GOTY edition & if it will have less bugs in comparison. Only someone who has played both versions on their console can tell me that.

Both games should have the same code but I could imagine that the GOTY edition has been compiled differently which could mean less of a buggy experience but as you say you'll need someone who has played both versions. Have you tried the PCARS official forums to get an answer to your question ? ...or is that still a no-go era :lol:

VBR
Some people on PS4 get loads of bugs, others on PS4 hardly get any. You could say how on earth could one person get more & another get less because the code is identical.
Different people play differently and will encounter different bugs accordingly.

I purchased the update that gives you all the DLC. Can you really imagine them fixing the version you are thinking of buying and NOT fixing the other 2 million copies? That added all new bugs in that patch which have been fixed on PC but not on console.

Last edited:
I purchased the update that gives you all the DLC. Can you really imagine them fixing the version you are thinking of buying and NOT fixing the other 2 million copies? That added all new bugs in that patch which have been fixed on PC but not on console.

No, I'm obviously not imagining that they've fixed the GOTY & not the regular version, & it is ridiculous for you to mention that. I'm just speculating that maybe the process of downloading the whole game as one item, instead of downloading patches overtime, might effect the amount of bugs experienced. But seeing as you haven't tried both versions, I fail to see the point of you continuing to post in this thread.

Have you tried the PCARS official forums to get an answer to your question ? ...or is that still a no-go era :lol:

Good idea, thanks. I'm still ok on there, but don't visit that much. I'll try that & see.

VBR
No, I'm obviously not imagining that they've fixed the GOTY & not the regular version, & it is ridiculous for you to mention that. I'm just speculating that maybe the process of downloading the whole game as one item, instead of downloading patches overtime, might effect the amount of bugs experienced. But seeing as you haven't tried both versions, I fail to see the point of you continuing to post in this thread.

Good idea, thanks. I'm still ok on there, but don't visit that much. I'll try that & see.
The only ridiculous thing is your thread question buddy. Do you know anything about software? At all?

The only ridiculous thing is your thread question buddy. Do you know anything about software? At all?

Congratulations! You've just won an all expenses paid, one way trip to my ignore list. I hope that you enjoy your stay there. So long.

:P

VBR
Congratulations! You've just won an all expenses paid, one way trip to my ignore list. I hope that you enjoy your stay there. So long.

:P
:lol: in that case you won't see this advice. If your issue might be down to having to download patch, patch, patch rather that one overall download. There is a solution. Delete the game and then download it again. It downloads it as one file. 👍

The GOTY version isn't suppose to have less bug. However, someone who got the GOTY version compare to someone who got the game day one might have less issues for two reason. First, the installation is "cleaner" like you've mentionned. Second, the save was created with the last update, so the might reduce compatibility issues that might create bugs.

If you've made a clean install of the normal version and started a new save with the last update, it shouldn't be more buggy than the GOTY version.

If you've made a clean install of the normal version and started a new save with the last update, it shouldn't be more buggy than the GOTY version.

Very good point. I might try that first & see if there's any difference.

:cheers:

This happened to me last night (GOTY Edition) and I immediately remembered this thread.

The funny part is that I've never seen any of this in the original game - both the "abduction" part and the front-wheel bug.

Anyway, all just for fun and not to be taken seriously - for now... :P

This happened to me last night (GOTY Edition) and I immediately remembered this thread.

The funny part is that I've never seen any of this in the original game - both the "abduction" part and the front-wheel bug.

Anyway, all just for fun and not to be taken seriously - for now... :P

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :lol:

I've not experienced that yet, but I'll be gutted if it never happens.

I've wondered if playing with damage turned off has improved my chances of avoiding incidents like those. If the wheel was punched in by a collision (@35mm?), that seems to be what sent the car rocketing.

Collision damage was never high on my list of features for a sim, particularly if it's not realistic anyway, but for this game I intended to limit the consequences of any glitchy accidents, physics hiccups, or the potentially erratic AI.

I've wondered if playing with damage turned off has improved my chances of avoiding incidents like those. If the wheel was punched in by a collision (@35mm?), that seems to be what sent the car rocketing.

Collision damage was never high on my list of features for a sim, particularly if it's not realistic anyway, but for this game I intended to limit the consequences of any glitchy accidents, physics hiccups, or the potentially erratic AI.
Strangely, as far as I could tell, the wheel was like that since I left the pits (so, no direct relation with collisions). I'm not also sure if the wheel and the rocketing bug are related...

For reference, I had damage set to "Visual Only".

Back