GPR's Gallery - CRF Set 3 - Nissan Collection

• Thread starter GPR
  • 209 comments
Lovely stuff - showing off the new and improved lighting in GT rather well, I think! Sadly Flickr seems to be playing up for numbers 1 and 4 - the full size doesn't load :(

The level of detail on that car is astonishing! It's so clean and crisp. My pick is the low down shot of the rear, the way the light is glinting off the M4 badge is lovely. You're right, the way metals are rendered in GT6 is much much nicer. The best bit about these shots is the sunset/sunrise colours, the shots are really warm, the skies are light, and the car itself reflects all that sunset glow to the point where it almost looks like a bronze colour. Great set!

Beautiful lighting in these shots mate!:drool: I especially like the backdrops in the pano shots.:eek:

I agree with Revolution. I think they're all great however, I did noticed some subtle colour banding in the sky and on some of the body panels in the close up shots. But that's just me being nitpicky since I view your work as perfection... and I've been recently, overly obsessed with cleaning up colour banding in my images. They're still stunning nonetheless.👍

Last edited:
My favourite has to be the last shot, due to the composition and lighting.

Thanks mate, yeah pretty happy with that one myself. :) 👍

Lovely stuff - showing off the new and improved lighting in GT rather well, I think! Sadly Flickr seems to be playing up for numbers 1 and 4 - the full size doesn't load :(

The level of detail on that car is astonishing! It's so clean and crisp. My pick is the low down shot of the rear, the way the light is glinting off the M4 badge is lovely. You're right, the way metals are rendered in GT6 is much much nicer. The best bit about these shots is the sunset/sunrise colours, the shots are really warm, the skies are light, and the car itself reflects all that sunset glow to the point where it almost looks like a bronze colour. Great set!

Thanks for the detailed comment Rev. Yeah I tried to keep this set a bit cooler toned but let the sunlight still have that warm touch on the metallic paint. And thanks for the notification of 1 & 4, all fixed now. ;) Cheers. :cheers:

Beautiful lighting in these shots mate!:drool: I especially like the backdrops in the pano shots.:eek:

I agree with Revolution. I think they're all great however, I did noticed some subtle colour banding in the sky and on some of the body panels in the close up shots. But that's just me being nitpicky since I view your work as perfection... and I've been recently, overly obsessed with cleaning up colour banding in my images. They're still stunning nonetheless.👍

Thanks very much, yeah after uploading them I noticed a couple had a few banding issues. I tried cleaning quite a few up and thought the skies were fine. But it seems sometimes a very subtle almost not visible amount of banding in my output files become a bit more pronounced when Flickr converts them. :grumpy:

It's harder to get the body paint squeaky clean sometimes as my methods of getting rid of banding sometimes make the paint look too soft around the detailed parts so I sometimes leave parts to retain the crispness of the reflections. Can't win either way. I hate that any amount of hard editing just creates banding everywhere. They need to provide some alternate format options for output from the game. Not likely to happen though.

Anyways thanks for the comment. :) 👍

Astonishing update, this car looks so good and with your editing style this pics are simply superb. It's so hard to chose a fave in this set, #1 and the 2 panos will do do it I think.

I love your clean style. Your clean skies give so much "mood" to your shots!

Amazing composition in every shots. My favs are 5, 6 and the 2nd pano. :drool:

Love how the lighting just makes the reflections pop up and look so realistic. The level of detail is amazing and usually when shooting black or darker colored cars, it's very hard to get the lighting spot-on. You've done a great job in getting all the curves in the M4 to shine, great stuff.

The biggest issue with having a supertastic magicalliastically awesome first set is following it up, which you have managed. 👍 Those last two panoramas are just breath-taking! The hills in the background, the wide open spaces, it all just works. :drool:

Astonishing update, this car looks so good and with your editing style this pics are simply superb. It's so hard to chose a fave in this set, #1 and the 2 panos will do do it I think.

Thanks very much Nicolas, also glad you like the panos that much too. :) 👍

I love your clean style. Your clean skies give so much "mood" to your shots!

Amazing composition in every shots. My favs are 5, 6 and the 2nd pano. :drool:

Cheers Ricardo, yeah I do like a clean sky. :sly: 👍

Still the same, clean and reserved style from before- epic! :drool:

Thanks Jaden. Good to see you visit. :cheers:

Love how the lighting just makes the reflections pop up and look so realistic. The level of detail is amazing and usually when shooting black or darker colored cars, it's very hard to get the lighting spot-on. You've done a great job in getting all the curves in the M4 to shine, great stuff.

Well thank you very much mate. Yeah it was a bit tricky working with that colour but the new metallic rendering form the game is pretty good, it helps. ;) 👍

The biggest issue with having a supertastic magicalliastically awesome first set is following it up, which you have managed. 👍 Those last two panoramas are just breath-taking! The hills in the background, the wide open spaces, it all just works. :drool:

:lol: Happy I managed to live up to expectations. I'm enjoying giving panoramas a good go this time around as I didn't really do any in GT5. Glad you like them :D 👍

Cheers for all the wonderful comment guys. :D :cheers:

Ok so time for a comp entry update and my first for GT6, so as usual you've likey seen all these already but I like to display them in one neat showcase every so often. ;)

And a Happy New Year to everyone! :cheers:

2.0 Wk1

Art & Science

CCCL Wk1

LunarRoving

2.0 Wk2

Evoquecative

CCCL Wk3

Free Like a Bird

2.0 Wk3

Rara Bellezza

3.0 Wk1

F1 Revival

Brilliant BMW panoramas George, if you want to avoid the problems, just use the old upload method, it works better. Your Rara Bellezza picture is wonderful, bravo 👍

Happy new year mate :cheers:

Brilliant BMW panoramas George, if you want to avoid the problems, just use the old upload method, it works better. Your Rara Bellezza picture is wonderful, bravo 👍

Happy new year mate :cheers:

Thanks Hervé, yeah I ened up using the upload desktop software in the end. Cheers for the comment mate. :cheers:

The 250 GTO shots is really amazing. The simplicity of it is just so alluring. Nothing less can be said about your other entries, they are simply stunning!

Thanks very much Jaden. Yeah that GTO is a real classic stunner I think. And that shot just came together nicely. Glad you agree. :) 👍

Magnifico as usual ! :)

Happy new year !

Cheers mate, nice to read that. :D :cheers:

Simply awesome to see so much great entries at once. especially the Trans Am, GTO and the F1 Revival shots. ;)👍

Thanks guys for the nice comments. 👍 I'm very happy with the F1 Revival edit, was a lot of work but it turned out nice. Happy you guys like it. :D :cheers:

Here's hoping I can make time for edits like this once I'm back into work next week. :nervous:

Great job, the last edit is my favourite, probably because of the original idea and great execution! :)👍

No comment #3.

When I see something like that (set) I can't say nothing in my poor english that can make justice to it.

I don't know where to start George so I'm just gonna say the standard "brilliant work all around" .
Like a Bird and F1 Revival happen to be my favourites from the already great bunch though, superb work really 👍

Awesome work as usual George.
I begin with this superb M4 set, ok that's a classical one now but your set is like no other I've seen yet. On the first one the car has a great badass looks, very aggressive. The two close shots are beautiful. Very clean and beautiful.
The two panorama are just awesome with a great composition for and excellent excellent sense of space 👍
Composition is also the main word for your "art & science", just a superb shot ! The lunar roving one is excellent with and excellent sense of motion. Evoquecative has the special "George's toning" I like and a very realistic endering. Same thing for "free like a bird" with also a great freedom mood. Very nice irl photo for "Rara Bellezza", if only GT6 could provide such quality things (oh wait... :P)... And finally the last one is maybe a little bit more common but the execution is so good...
Always a real pleasure to come here !

Brilliant comp entries - the first 2.0 shot shows off the architecture of that location really well, and avoids the orange bathed light that is usually seen in shots from there. Great match with the car too. The Firebird is really great as well - super clean. Well done!

My personal favourite has to be the first shot, due to the composition and soft colour tones. But aside from that info, I should mention that I enjoyed the whole set. :)

Finally I'm posting comment here. :lol:I really wanted to say it earlier :
Fantastic pictures, George ! :drool::drool::drool: It's only beginning, but your gallery is already full of amazing pictures ! Looking forward to the next updates.

All your shots seem to look so planned out. As if every detail in each shot serves a purpose. All are just fantastic with each having a unique style attached.

Wow so many great comments, thanks very much everyone. I really appreciate it greatly. I usually reply to each one individually but as there so many (and I seemed to left too much time between replies) I thought I'd do all around thanks. :) :cheers:

Well it's been too long between sets in here. Finally I have something to put up. I had this shoot this like two weeks ago but just haven't had the time to do the editing, been so busy at work and home. :grumpy:

Anyway I hope it was worth the wait as I don't think it's my strongest set yet but it turned out fairly well...I hope.
I'll have to try and produce some magic for my next set if I can. ;)

Shelby Mustang GT350

@ Autumn Ring Mini

Panorama

You may or may not have noticed there aren't any sponsor signs in these shots, I specifically didn't want them there so theres a few shots where I've edited them out. ;)

There is a long time between each set but our patience is always highly rewarded ;) Great set once more George, with a very good work on toning and light in it. Love the first, it has a great mood, the contrast between the shadow on the road and the warm light on the bodycar is excellent. The fourth is superb, gretly edited for a very realistic rendering. The clos shot on the wheel, the panning mode 1 shot and the pano are all also very well done. And the two shot with only the road are just real 👍
Bravo !

Back