GPR's Gallery - GT5 Farewell - Set 4 - The Finale

• Thread starter GPR
  • 919 comments
Great pictures on this page ! It's hard to pick a favorite picture, I really like them all ! :drool:
Amazing work, George !

Thanks very much Ilya, I appreciate the comment from a fellow high class artist. ;) 👍

I stop by here quite often to take in the sights but I never get around to posting much. All of your work, as always exudes quality. Looking at the last two shots from your Cutting Room floor set 9 and the Quantum of Solace shot, I wonder why I didn't think of that. Love the way you've pulled those off the way you have.

But what really compelled me to get here was your Veyron entry in the current 2.0 . Love the sense of motion, the atmosphere and that toning. The cleanup is top notch, and is in no way distinguishable from a Premium. Great stuff George :cheers:

Cheers Sean, glad you found some time to leave an awesome comment, I know how hard it can be to keep up with so many peoples works on here and leaving comments on all can eat up time pretty quickly. I'm glad my shots exude quality to you. :D 👍

Yeah the Veyron shot turned out pretty nice. Too kind with your 'is in no way distinguishable from a Premium' note. As I often think my cleanups are quite average. So that's good to hear, but I think the toning really makes that shot. ;) Infact it will now be featured in here in my next batch. :)

Thanks again mate. :cheers:

The two latest updates you've pushed out while I was away, George, are mind-blowing. Everything looks so smooth and thought-out... I especially like the flawless colour transitions and the lighting in pictures #3 and #4 from your latest set. The toning is spot on across the board and the individual compositions are as appealing as ever. 👍

Great to see you back Nenad, felt strange not seeing your comments on everyones galleries lately. Your support is always greatly welcome and appreciated mate. 👍

And as always a glowing review from you in regards to my last few posts. 3&4 of the last batch as you mention turned out great with the the toning and colours I agree. :) Also it's really good to hear from you that you now have a new PS3 and TV setup ready to go for GT6 and will also be starting your own gallery. All I can say is it's about time. ;) I look forward to seeing your works. :cheers:

Ok so once again nothing new I'm afraid. Other than being busy with comps, I've begun to wind down on GT5 and i'm saving myself a bit for GT6 which of course like many here will be blazing a new trail in a new gallery. But I do have something in mind to close this gallery before that time so stay tuned.

But for now here's my lastest batch of comp entries. Of which I know many of you would have already seen.

PMC 2.0 Tournament 6

This was a my first ever go at the tournament and well it was pretty short lived in the end, out in the first round. :( Was a tough battle. Better luck next time I guess.

Qualifier
Stealth

Round 1

We Have Lift Off

2.0 Wk 151

Stepping Out

CCCL Wk 138

Legendary

2.0 Wk 152

Art-chitecture

2.0 Wk 153

Warp Speed

CCCL Wk 140

City Sprint

Oh yes I'm late, been busy and played GTA V lately, but but I can't explain why I'm always attracted by the Flickr bookmark and I'm loosing control when touching my mouse when watching yer pics.

Argh, no groupie, no no no ! Woow this black and white MP4 panorama, now I can light a candle on the panorama Gran turismo altar and worship. You George, must merge more more pictures, Legendary, Art-chitecture and City Sprint are so smartly done, brilliant compositions. Same shots in a panoramic format and I'll fall on my knees ;)

Use of lighting in an efficient manner is your path, can't wait to see your Gt6 pictures mate ^^

Last edited:
I just left a huge puddle on the ground...:drool::drool::drool:

Amazing lighting in Stealth! Beautiful warm tones in We Have Lift Off & Warp Speed; I can never capture an airborne car without making it seem like it's hovering, but you've managed to capture enough motion to make it seem like it is taking off!

Stunning realistic tones in Art-chitecture, Stepping Out & Legendary! They're all great!👍
However, City Sprint doesn't really stand out to me at all. I think it might have something to do with the lighting, the angle the car was taken from and/or the wheel fitment.

It's a shame you didn't make it far in the tournament :(, because your artworks are just so amazing!:bowdown:

That's a real pleasure to watch again your creations when you decide to update you gallery. Like Hervé said, it's always a special moment when we see a new pic in flickr. But watching them brought together is the evidence of your amazing skills. Diversity of themes, angles, tonning work but always beautiful as hell :)
Love the work on light and contrast in "Stealth", the car looks like a menacing wild beast :)
Despite I don't really like the front of the 458 Italia this "We Have Lift Off" is excellent with a great warm toning and a good sense of motion. "Stepping Out" remind me I should do some shots with this car, but I won't be able to make it as beautiful as you do :) "Legendary" is just perfect in terms of composition and toning : this pic has an incredible atmopshere. Maybe my fav' in this last bunch (but it's hard to choose). "Art-chitecture" (love this title) is also beautiful, love its desaturated aspect. The Veyron shot is perfect, very typical of your work, an incredible sense of speed and a beautiful warm toning.

Last edited:
Pfft. People, admit it already; we're all GPR groupies. :D

Really liking how clear everything's looking in those shots. The individual compositions are spot on - it's quite fascinating how you're always able to find a suitable background/location for a certain car and make everything look so... appropriate. There is also something about the colour balance and the extremely smooth colour transitions in your shots - it all looks so well thought-out... It's incredible. Your work has always been incredible. 👍

Oh yes I'm late, been busy and played GTA V lately, but but I can't explain why I'm always attracted by the Flickr bookmark and I'm loosing control when touching my mouse when watching yer pics.

Argh, no groupie, no no no ! Woow this black and white MP4 panorama, now I can light a candle on the panorama Gran turismo altar and worship. You George, must merge more more pictures, Legendary, Art-chitecture and City Sprint are so smartly done, brilliant compositions. Same shots in a panoramic format and I'll fall on my knees ;)

Use of lighting in an efficient manner is your path, can't wait to see your Gt6 pictures mate ^^

Many thanks Herve, I always apprecaite your comments and you'll be pleased to know I'll be will be atempting more panos in my future works in GT6. Probably won't be as good as yours though. ;) Thnaks again mate. :cheers:

I just left a huge puddle on the ground...:drool::drool::drool:

Amazing lighting in Stealth! Beautiful warm tones in We Have Lift Off & Warp Speed; I can never capture an airborne car without making it seem like it's hovering, but you've managed to capture enough motion to make it seem like it is taking off!

Stunning realistic tones in Art-chitecture, Stepping Out & Legendary! They're all great!👍
However, City Sprint doesn't really stand out to me at all. I think it might have something to do with the lighting, the angle the car was taken from and/or the wheel fitment.

It's a shame you didn't make it far in the tournament :(, because your artworks are just so amazing!:bowdown:

Cheers mate, yeah it would have been nice to get further in the tourny, I was a bit dissapointed. But it was an uphill battle. In regards ot the air shot, that was tricky actully. I did some others that like you say have the hover look to them which just looks weird. The one I went with didn't have that feel which was good. ;)

Glad you like my other shot too. I agree City sprint isn't my best piece. Thanks for the comment. :) :cheers:

That's a real pleasure to watch again your creations when you decide to update you gallery. Like Hervé said, it's always a special moment when we see a new pic in flickr. But watching them brought together is the evidence of your amazing skills. Diversity of themes, angles, tonning work but always beautiful as hell :)
Love the work on light and contrast in "Stealth", the car looks like a menacing wild beast :)
Despite I don't really like the front of the 458 Italia this "We Have Lift Off" is excellent with a great warm toning and a good sense of motion. "Stepping Out" remind me I should do some shots with this car, but I won't be able to make it as beautiful as you do :) "Legendary" is just perfect in terms of composition and toning : this pic has an incredible atmopshere. Maybe my fav' in this last bunch (but it's hard to choose). "Art-chitecture" (love this title) is also beautiful, love its desaturated aspect. The Veyron shot is perfect, very typical of your work, an incredible sense of speed and a beautiful warm toning.

Thanks very much Jeremy, :) I really like how Stealth turned out and hoped it had that feel you just described. 👍
As for the Fairlady Z, you should definitly shoot it at some point, it's quite a photogenic car. I very much apprecaite the great comments mate. :cheers:

Pfft. People, admit it already; we're all GPR groupies. :D

Really liking how clear everything's looking in those shots. The individual compositions are spot on - it's quite fascinating how you're always able to find a suitable background/location for a certain car and make everything look so... appropriate. There is also something about the colour balance and the extremely smooth colour transitions in your shots - it all looks so well thought-out... It's incredible. Your work has always been incredible. 👍

:lol: Aww shucks thanks Nenad, I can't ask for a better comment than that. Very happy you think my works is incredible. :D 👍 I hope I continue to impress and inspire in GT6 too. Thanks again. :cheers:

Ok folks, well with less than a week now till GT6 gets in most people hands, i've been trying to get a few last sets in to close off my gallery. And here is set 1 of 4 of a Farewell series I hope to have finished and posted before GT6 comes out.

I just want to try and end on a bang and tie things up before the release so I can start a fresh for GT6. :)

So off the back of a couple of online shoots with some of the great talents here I present you my first farewell set. The theme of this shoot was 'Big Boys Toys' as so named by Nato and features some great super/hypercar standards. I'd like to thank all those who were a part of these shoot again, it was my first group online shoot experience it was great to take part. :)

Due to time constraints, unfortunatley I did not do any clean ups on these. Sorry. But when viewed smaller I hope the shots still have some merit to them. :nervous: Hope you guys enjoy it. ;)

GT5 Farewell Set 1 - Big Boys Toys

Online shoot featuring Me, SMfan, ZEROX, jBhIpS, Nato_777, NBDESIGNZ & ShaolinMasta

Farewell Set 2 is coming very soon.

(Post Edited, as I totally forgot to add one shot & Masta to the name list. :dunce: )​

Last edited:
Great set! Love the warm tones in these images!:drool:

My favs would have to be the 1st shot and the 3rd. Absolutely stunning!👍

Can't wait to see your second set.

Wow ! Very nice pictures, George ! Love warm tones too :drool:
My favorite shot has to be shot #4, but all of them are great.
Looking forward to the next sets 👍

Great set! Love the warm tones in these images!:drool:

My favs would have to be the 1st shot and the 3rd. Absolutely stunning!👍

Can't wait to see your second set.

Thanks mate. 👍 :)

Wow ! Very nice pictures, George ! Love warm tones too :drool:
My favorite shot has to be shot #4, but all of them are great.
Looking forward to the next sets 👍

Cheers Masta, glad you like them. :) 👍 Not surprisingly you're set from this is awesome. ;)

you forgot one, ShaolinMasta! if I'm not mistaken he was on cadillac CIEN Concept '02

Thanks Ilya, now corrected. Not sure how I missed that. ;)

Lovely toning, compositions and lighting, George. There's some colour banding here and there, but given that you didn't clean these shots up at all, they're looking pretty good. ;)

Absolutely great shots in the first part of the set, George.👍 Gotta love the warm/hot atmosphere in those pictures.:drool:

Also, I'm quite surprised that I never commneted on the collection of entries you posted earlirer. So, uhm, sorry and... they look awesome!:drool::drool::drool:

Looking forward to shooting more in GT6.:)

Awesome George! Wonderful shots with great angles and beautiful warm tones throughout. The lack of clean ups didn't bother me in the slightest as the images are all so good I barely noticed. ;)

Perfect in every aspect. The toning choice and sense of action is very good. Love it! ;)👍

Thanks Nicolas, happy you like them. :) 👍

Lovely toning, compositions and lighting, George. There's some colour banding here and there, but given that you didn't clean these shots up at all, they're looking pretty good. ;)

Cheers Nenad, yeah there are some image artifacts, had I more to spend on these they would have been made cleaner. But I'm glad you can apprecaite them regardless of that. ;) 👍

Absolutely great shots in the first part of the set, George.👍 Gotta love the warm/hot atmosphere in those pictures.:drool:

Also, I'm quite surprised that I never commneted on the collection of entries you posted earlirer. So, uhm, sorry and... they look awesome!:drool::drool::drool:

Looking forward to shooting more in GT6.:)

Thanks Alex, I had hoped you'd like them. The warm feel and glowy light seemed to work well on these. Thanks for the comment on my entries too. Better late than never. ;) I appreciate it mate. 👍

Great toning, as everyone said! 👍 And those standards look really nice! :drool:

Thank you Ciro, I suppose they look alright when seen smaller. :) 👍

Awesome George! Wonderful shots with great angles and beautiful warm tones throughout. The lack of clean ups didn't bother me in the slightest as the images are all so good I barely noticed. ;)

Well that's great to hear coming from the master standard cleaner. ;) In larger view some of them are pretty horrible but I had hoped everything else I did to these would out shine the faults. Seems like it did the trick. ;) Cheers mate. :cheers:

Well, seems like the farewell set 1 went down better than I was expecting. Thanks for all the positive comments fellas. :cheers:

Now on to set 2. I'm pretty happy with this set, I think I got a few nice shots with some great light. But you be the judge. ;)

GT5 Farewell Set 2 - Legends

Featuring Me, SMfan, jBhIpS & NBDESIGNZ

Set 3 coming soon. (Will probably be smaller, as I found a lot fewer shots I was happy with in the end. :indiff: )​

Af often, the work on the tonning in this set is exceptional. Love this warm feeling you've put in the pics, it gives the set a great mood. I like a lot the composition and the angles of the pics #2, #3 & #5. The fourth is a George's (c) pic. Even without your sign I would able to be 99% sure it was one of yours :)
And the last is especially beautiful, the green of the saleen fit very well with your toning edit for the scenery.
Bravo George, I wait for the next set to come now ;)

Edit : Posted while I wrote my message... Ok I will have a look after lunch ;)

Great work on the Legends set too. Love the toning and it gives the shots that "old" mood. ;)👍

Can't wait to see the 3rd set.

Great set, George. I'm loving the varying camera angles, the realistic toning and the lighting in all of those shots. 👍

This second part is really beautiful too George. I don't want to be boring, but I really love the way you work on the toning, always very harmonious. I especially like the pics after the Dunlop bridge. The ones with the 787B (alone or with the Minolta or the Silver Arrow) are really beautiful and the panning mode 1 Minolta shot is also very well made 👍
Bravo, can't wait for part III now :cheers:

Last edited:
A big and beautiful way to send off GT5, with the biggest and the best of vechicles. :P And some brilliant photography. Sometimes the colours feel like too much, but in the end. The colours are what makes your work brilliant, and unique. 👍 Can't wait to see what you do with GT6. :D And with the last part of the set.

I said earlier, your shots exude quality, and you've proved me right once again George :)
Both set 1 and 2 farewell sets are exhibits of brilliance. The clean, simple, neat yet dramatic style of editing works wonders. Love the work on the standards, that Cien made my jaw drop, literally :drool:
Your Le mans set is inspiring yet again too. Shot number 4 has captured my heart.

Superb stuff as always mate :cheers:

Af often, the work on the tonning in this set is exceptional. Love this warm feeling you've put in the pics, it gives the set a great mood. I like a lot the composition and the angles of the pics #2, #3 & #5. The fourth is a George's (c) pic. Even without your sign I would able to be 99% sure it was one of yours :)
And the last is especially beautiful, the green of the saleen fit very well with your toning edit for the scenery.
Bravo George, I wait for the next set to come now ;)

Edit : Posted while I wrote my message... Ok I will have a look after lunch ;)

Thanks Jeremy, happy you like the warm tones. And I appreciate the indepth comments. :) 👍

Great work on the Legends set too. Love the toning and it gives the shots that "old" mood. ;)👍

Can't wait to see the 3rd set.

Cheers NB, I'm pretty happy with how these came out, the light from shoot was really nice. 👍

Great set, George. I'm loving the varying camera angles, the realistic toning and the lighting in all of those shots. 👍

Why thank you Nenad, I had hoped they'd would look realistic from the toning, so I'm very glad you think so. :) 👍

This second part is really beautiful too George. I don't want to be boring, but I really love the way you work on the toning, always very harmonious. I especially like the pics after the Dunlop bridge. The ones with the 787B (alone or with the Minolta or the Silver Arrow) are really beautiful and the panning mode 1 Minolta shot is also very well made 👍
Bravo, can't wait for part III now :cheers:

:lol: A nice comment about my toning is never boring to me. ;) Very pleased you like these too. :) 👍

A big and beautiful way to send off GT5, with the biggest and the best of vechicles. :P And some brilliant photography. Sometimes the colours feel like too much, but in the end. The colours are what makes your work brilliant, and unique. 👍 Can't wait to see what you do with GT6. :D And with the last part of the set.

Thanks mate, I guess I do tend to go strong on colour fair bit. I hadn't really looked at it that way. But if it's a postive then that's always good. ;) I apprecaite the comment. 👍

I love the composition in number 2.

Thanks Jamie. 👍

I said earlier, your shots exude quality, and you've proved me right once again George :)
Both set 1 and 2 farewell sets are exhibits of brilliance. The clean, simple, neat yet dramatic style of editing works wonders. Love the work on the standards, that Cien made my jaw drop, literally :drool:
Your Le mans set is inspiring yet again too. Shot number 4 has captured my heart.

Superb stuff as always mate :cheers:

Cheers Sean, i'm surprised the standard impress considering I didn't do any cleanup on them. The Cien is a beaut I agree. ;) Also glad you enjoyed the LeMans set. 👍

Cheers everyone. :cheers:

Ok so time for set 3 of my farewell series. Now, I almost didn't want to post this set beacuse to me it's probably the weakest so far. :indiff: I just had a hard time getting some great edits on this one, don't know why. Anyway once again you be the judge. I do like what I did with the first shot though. Anyway without further ado here is a small set 3...

GT5 Farewell Set 3 - Mean Machines

Featuring Me, SMfan, ShaolinMasta, jBhIpS & NBDESIGNZ

And there you have it. Next up will be Set 4 the Final set to close off my GT5 Gallery. I'm hoping I've saved the best till last. We'll see. ;)

Back