Gr.3 car control?

So I'm new to GTS, coming from 7yrs in racing on iracing. I have T300rs. Fanatec CSL LOAD CELL Pedals, going via drivehub.
This morning I did my 1st daily race w Gr.3 NSX car. I cannot figure out how to drive this thing. Every corner feed of brake to apex and car breaks rear traction then whole car slides. The whole race every corner was like this. I tried max TC and no TC same thing.
Any tips on driving these things?
I'm used to driving GTS , F1, F3 cars so I have exp.

So I'm new to GTS, coming from 7yrs in racing on iracing. I have T300rs. Fanatec CSL LOAD CELL Pedals, going via drivehub.
This morning I did my 1st daily race w Gr.3 NSX car. I cannot figure out how to drive this thing. Every corner feed of brake to apex and car breaks rear traction then whole car slides. The whole race every corner was like this. I tried max TC and no TC same thing.

Do you have a video of any laps you did?

You need to roll off the brakes earlier or it will stay like that.
Getting off the brake and feeding in the throttle gradually has helped me increase cornering speeds.
I'm still a couple of seconds off the pace, but if you keep trying to late brake into the apex that horrible scrubbing sensation will continue.
I don't have a wheel and pedals so I don't know if trail braking is an option.

I'm no expert and I don't have a wheel, but have you compared the behavior of any other Group 3 car?
I would start there.

I think all (or maybe almost all) MR cars in this game turn into a nightmare when tyre wear starts kicking in. At least the Gr. 3 Huracan and Ferrari definitely. I think it has something to do with the BOP. The added weight just makes the cars undriveable on worn tyres. BB to the front helps with the rear tyre wear but that's about all you can do settings-wise. Also braking in a straight line only is probably a good idea. If you trail brake then you have to be prepared to correct the inevitable oversteer with a gentle throttle application. But maybe I'm completely wrong and it's just a matter of driving style. I personally don't use them in races with active tyre wear because of the previously mentioned reason. They're a 🤬 nightmare.

I personally think the NSX handles 'weird' compared to most all of the other cars in the game. Maybe that's contributing to your experience, I wonder if you find the same in other MR cars.

There are a few outliers in terms of how the cars 'feel' in the game, and the NSX has been one of them for me. Alfa Romeo Gr4 being another.

It’s quite easy to overrotate a mid rear car in gts especially with heavy trail braking.
Those cars are very sensitive in terms of attitude. Meaning weight distribution front to rear and left right (dynamic weight shift). On a gt car with front engine like a vette they need much heavier trail braking, whereas a car like the NSX rotates much more easily with less ‘help’ via trail braking. Less than front engine, but not none...
FWIW those cars are difficult to use. They are very responsive to slight changes in inputs, which is a strength, but it’s a double edged sword, they are challenging
For me, I tend to drive the fr cars much more and when I hop in mr, the same thing happens to me as you until I correct my mindset and approach...Those cars are just touchy...They are difficult to use well...

Hi, NSX gr.3 fanboi here;

A little forward brake bias goes a long way with this baby. I tend to run 3 Forward brake bias in races without tire wear, but I'll still keep the brakes forward 1 or 2 clicks even with tire wear on. This doesn't make the tires wear as unevenly as you might think and will make the car noticeably more stable under heavy braking.

As others have mentioned she is a delicate car, your inputs must be smooth and deliberate, but the reward for this is an insanely pointable car that's very stable coming out of corners - first gear is usable unlike many gr. 3 cars and you can stomp the power on exit without so much fear of spinning.

What I'd recommend, however, is just to try a wider range of the gr. 3 options, particularly some FRs. You might just find you vibe with them a little better.

When I first picked up the game I couldn't keep the NSX on the track, now I take any excuse to drive it even on tracks where it isn't considered competitive, but yeah, play the field and see what works for you.

What ABS setting are you using? Nearly everyone in GTSport uses the default setting.
This first. Then second, the Gr.3 NSX is really hard to drive for tyre wear races, it's extremely easy to turn the wheel too far and slide the back end. When I drove for Honda in manufacturers, it always took me quite a lot of practice to be able to make it through the whole race, correctly judging the progressive loss of rear end grip during each stint (it will always wear the rears more than the fronts, giving it ever increasing oversteer, even with the brake balance fully forwards).

All of these suggestions are great. I will add that you might want to adjust the steering sensitivity when you change from different drive train layouts.

Corvette Gr.3 tc2 abs1

maybe a tune. There's no way you cant get used to that. Get used to the FR cars first, preferably NA cars.

Sure thing. With mid-engine cars, you actually do want a mid-weight slide out from the center of the car. It's not the same as a rear-engine car that actually whips out the rear but it's a lateral slide where both front tires and rear tires are sliding equally to the outside. The trick to pivoting the car for this trail brake turn is to overlap throttle and brake inputs. Over the apex, there is a brief moment where you sometimes feed the throttle and the brake at the same time while you try to Indian Jones and The Lost Ark, the weight transfer from the rear to the middle of the car. Mid-engine cars are about keeping the car equally balanced through the apex.

Front-drive cars are about forward balance on corner entry... rear-wheel cars steer through the exit with throttle... yadda yadda yadda

To be fair, Gran Turismo always feels more slidey than other games, I think you just need some time to get used to it and start having a feel for it.

Other than that, all the suggestions above are good suggestions you might want to try.

You can play around with camber and toe. The diff can also have huge impact on how the car behaves under load.

You can play around with camber and toe. The diff can also have huge impact on how the car behaves under load.

And how exactly do you do that in Sport mode? Because that's what this thread is about. But you would have known that if you had actually read it.

Hi, NSX gr.3 fanboi here;

A little forward brake bias goes a long way with this baby. I tend to run 3 Forward brake bias in races without tire wear, but I'll still keep the brakes forward 1 or 2 clicks even with tire wear on. This doesn't make the tires wear as unevenly as you might think and will make the car noticeably more stable under heavy braking.

As others have mentioned she is a delicate car, your inputs must be smooth and deliberate, but the reward for this is an insanely pointable car that's very stable coming out of corners - first gear is usable unlike many gr. 3 cars and you can stomp the power on exit without so much fear of spinning.

What I'd recommend, however, is just to try a wider range of the gr. 3 options, particularly some FRs. You might just find you vibe with them a little better.

When I first picked up the game I couldn't keep the NSX on the track, now I take any excuse to drive it even on tracks where it isn't considered competitive, but yeah, play the field and see what works for you.

It's been a long time since i played but im also a NSX fan boi.
To add to this, its a hard car to drive but it has the best rotation and turn in of any other car in gr3.
Turn in late for a wide entry and late apex and hit the gas as early as possible. It has great corner exit speed.
Stay away from large kerbs and undulations as it has a very low ride height.

It's a bit like the 4c gr4 - you cant use normal lines.

example of the low ride height catching on the car

old video i had - notice my wider lines - hard to defend but good exit speed.

Tried the Ferrari Gr3 last night. 2 laps at Nür24h, tyre wear X2. Really need to drive that thing very differently from an FR car. I know that seems obvious but I find the difference crazy.

Back