Gr4 daily race C

  • Thread starter Thread starter SirMontgomery
  • 10 comments
  • 822 views
Messages
66
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Fuel usage is 5x. If you use a Cayman you will need to refuel. As far as I could see the front runners didn't need to refuel. What did I miss?
 
Right well the porsche is useless then. Even on max power its the slowest. Sigh.
 
You can also try a car that benefits from short shifting, i.e. has an early torque peak.
 
Yeah, I just found that out myself. The Cayman was hopeless and any time gained in the corners was lost on a straight.

Also, rumours of the demise of the Megane and Scirroco have been greatly exaggerated. 9 of the top 10 in both quali and the race were the Renault or VW. Disappointing.
 
4c seems quite popular. It's irritating the Cayman has never had a chance as I really like how it drives.
 
The Citroen can't do it either, the Megane should be able to pull it off, although I haven't tried yet.
 
I love the concept but with only 10 laps it feels too much like a race against the fuel metre.

That said, I was able to win using my Viper. I went flat out for three laps, then I spent the rest of the race on the highest fuel mixture setting. No pit stop required.
 
BoP has been adjusted in GR4 as well. The Scirocco has been tuned down to 330hp. I don't yet know what other changes have happened.
 
Any race over about 2x fuel usage will end up with people playing the "stick it in a super lean map and avoid pitting" game. Which for me makes the race gash.

Races need to be longer to offset the time spent in the pits.

As people have said with such a high fuel usage cars with early torque peaks (turbos generally) will be very good, where as cars like the Lambo and 458 will be hurt the most probably being a high revving NA engine.

I did run a 50 lap race once, fuel usage played a huge part in that yet I didn't have to ever run map 6, I ran map 1 to make time urgently, map 2 to make time, and map 3 when I was comfy. A world away from "Map 6, corner speed, last lap use all the fuel and get a good lap in".

That's my opinion anyway, take it or leave it :) .
 
Back