Grab Project CARS 2 For Cheap on PlayStation EU Store This Weekend

I downloaded the demo and was very disappointed with the graphics, I know nothing will probably look as good as Gran Turismo Sport on the PS4 Pro but I was hoping Project Cars 2 would look half decent, it didn't look very good at all.
My guess is that the demo was from before the updates and wouldn't have been reworked. The images I'm seeing in the photo mode threads seem very worthy and atmospheric too.

Cheers @Wolfe I rarely play online really, not that advisable for me unless it's a casual run 👍

But he said PS2. ;)
He also said PS4 for GT6 :D

I have some questions about this game.
What are the advantages over the original CARS? And is there something the first game has but PC2 doesn't? I guess it's RUFs and something more.
I have the original P.CARS on PC, and I still haven't got the most out of it (52 hours played), but with this discount, I might get the second game for PS4. Perhaps I can still have fun with both. Especially considering the fact that the wheel I use on PC is not PS4-compatible.

The audio mix and level is better in PC1 - I don't know how they got it wrong in PC2, but although the sounds are a country mile ahead of Gran Turismo, the volume is very low in PC2 compared with PC1. In all other respects it seems to be better than PC1 - more cars, more tracks, multi-class racing with up to 4 classes, live track with dynamic changes to track surfaces, improved default setups, easier tuning, easier to use with a DS4, rallycross, rain puddles, five seasons (including snow). There are many improvements compared with PC1 - I haven't noticed any deterioration in graphics - to my eyes on PS4 Pro it seems just as good as PC1 - very immersive at my favourite tracks and with favourite cars.

Downsides compared with PC1 are low audio volume and reduction in car number from 44 to 32 maximum at some tracks. The number of cars is generally reduced due to the increased complexity of the game (requires more processing power). If you enjoyed PC1 you will probably also enjoy PC2.

I'm already 76 hours in and thoroughly enjoying the game so far.

Nice offer indeed. Whilst I can't take advantage of this offer due its timing, it has got me looking at PC2 pictures and vids finally. As a result, I'm going to be getting the game next week; hell, it makes no odds that the price will be back up again, I'm happy to give SMS full price for this.

Great Elven one that is excellent news. I think you'll love the Rally Cross stuff. The physics are even better than Dirt Rally's.

I prefer the photo mode as it's quicker than GTSport. However GTSport certainly gets the best results there. Trouble is that's the only thing I enjoy about GTS. It's certainly possible to get some excellent results with the Project CARS 2 photomode.

If you do get online then your old home will welcome you back with open arms. Mostly casual fun races for now with the intention of occasional longer planned races.

Knukken and others still rolling in CRAP*.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/crap-pcars-2-club.361382/

*Casual Racing Affiliates Program

NB Casual is not a dirty word. In fact the C could also mean Community or Clean.

...If you do get online then your old home will welcome you back with open arms. Mostly casual fun races for now with the intention of occasional longer planned races...
Good man Gentleman John - I do have a bit more time available these days, so hopefully I shall be able to join in once more :D :cheers:

Back