Gran Turismo 1 Never buy a car completion Challenge.

Looks as if I need to get back to work on completing mine. I took a break from doing the challenge to work on my database for the hybrid program I am writing. Now I need a break from that :lol: I have over 10000 slots to fill in the blanks on the Database. I might get through with it before the world ends. :lol:

@ SportWagon
In my opinion , It's impossible to do the licence tests perfectly (by this I mean gold grade) without reloading.
I remember being able to do the first two B licences gold in a row / saved after that and went for B3.
Failed to get gold in B3 -> 1,5 hours of reloading (about 2 minutes cool of each time because of console reset)
The thing what is most difficult is to remember how the specific licence test goes after every long wait.

Kudos to :bowdown: :bowdown: Famine for golding the B and A licences with minimal day count.
(Just my wish talk , but I wish Famine did them on PS3/PAL disk)

MadMax

I have the hard tune, the enduros, and the GT World Cup left to do. I have $1,419,476 (I just built my Hard tune car that took my money down a bit) and at 95 days :)

Ok I have did the Hard Tune Races and the 300k enduro so I'm now at day 104 days, $1,551,506 in cash after buying the extra parts I needed to fix up the enduro car for those races. By the way is this a good time for the 300k enduro?

300K Endro Results

1st 1-39'46"5<--My Total-My Best Lap Time --> 1:31.213
2nd +250'527"
3rd +374'991"
4th +409'479"
5th +501'160"
6th +556'052"

Car used-fully upgraded Nismo 400R from the licence test.

Last edited:
300K Endro Results

1st 1-39'46"5<--My Total-My Best Lap Time --> 1:31.213

Car used-fully upgraded Nismo 400R from the licence test.
Your total time in hours and minutes should typically be not much above your fastest lap time in minutes and seconds. Your fastest lap time is not bad, but you must have either spun out a bit, and/or pushed too long on your tires, losing seconds which could have been made up by doing more pitstops, thereby keeping your slower laps faster.

A pitstop is roughly a 30 second penalty (actually less). If your slow laps accumulate more than that much in extra lap time, you should have taken the extra pit stop.

With the [R]Nismo 400R I once did 1-34:25.4, fastest lap 1:28.919. Soft tires. 3 pits stops at 15,30 and 45. You did apply the race mod did you. Or did you? I would say that's pretty good for winning without race mod.

Hmm. My comparison of total time to fastest lap time is still almost 6 seconds (minutes). But yours is over 8. Definite room for improvement through consistency.

Last edited:
Your total time in hours and minutes should typically be not much above your fastest lap time in minutes and seconds. Your fastest lap time is not bad, but you must have either spun out a bit, and/or pushed too long on your tires, losing seconds which could have been made up by doing more pitstops, thereby keeping your slower laps faster.

A pitstop is roughly a 30 second penalty (actually less). If your slow laps accumulate more than that much in extra lap time, you should have taken the extra pit stop.

With the [R]Nismo 400R I once did 1-34:25.4, fastest lap 1:28.919. Soft tires. 3 pits stops at 15,30 and 45. You did apply the race mod did you. Or did you? I would say that's pretty good for winning without race mod.

Hmm. My comparison of total time to fastest lap time is still almost 6 seconds (minutes). But yours is over 8. Definite room for improvement through consistency.

Yeah I had a time adjusting to the the cold tires and then to the tires getting worn. My times were averaging about 1:43 by the time I pitted. I pitted three times at the same as you 15,30, and 45 and 1 extra time that wasn't intentional when I got tagged in the rear end on the last turn before the pit and kept spinning in the air till I hit the pit wall and bounced right into the pit. My worst lap time was that one was 2:00.xxx :ouch:

In fact I could tell you the laps that I turned the 1:31.xxx laps without even looking at them now. Laps 2, 17, 32, and 47. The lap that I got bounced slowed me down to 62 mph but it didn't give me new tires that time for some reason.

I also was a little hard on the tires the way I that I had to drive the car the way I had the setup for some reason the tires was not waring evenly like they normally do when I have the setup right.

The front tires kept waring quicker than the rear. Normally when I'm not trying to keep the day count down I'll run test laps and then if I need to back out of the race to buy a different part to get the setup the way I need it I will, But with trying to trying to keep the day count down I didn't do that.

Normally I don't drive that car with it hard tuned I use it for the normal class races. BTW thanks for the advice. Oh and no I didn't add the race mod till after the hard tuned races which I did right after the 300k race. I guess I should have did it in reverse order :dunce:

After all that I had a weired glitch on my PS1 and had to run the last eight laps with the screen in looking like a scene from the the Predator when he was seeing things in IR or some cartoon scene where someone was on LSD. The only way I could make out the track was the white dashes on the track showed up well enough for me to finish the race. The screen fixed it's self when the screen changed at the end of the race. Still don't know what caused that. :confused:

Last edited:
Ok.....I have a beef with this challenge....

If we have to beat all special event races....how can one possibly win the lightweight or FF cups without purchasing a car? Is the Demio A-Spec considered lightweight? And is it FF? Sorry, but as it is one of those cars one typically sells as soon as they get it, I never paid attention. Thank you.

Ok.....I have a beef with this challenge....

If we have to beat all special event races....how can one possibly win the lightweight or FF cups without purchasing a car? Is the Demio A-Spec considered lightweight? And is it FF? Sorry, but as it is one of those cars one typically sells as soon as they get it, I never paid attention. Thank you.

It is both a FF Drive and a light weight car, if fact, I do believe that it is the lightest car in the game. Fully modded it has 211hp and weighs just a hair over 1200lbs. So if you are doing this challenge you will have to keep it long enough to win at least one of the two race till you win another FF car like the Civic (Racer). Or you can just use it for both sets of races.:)

Last edited:
It's actually not a requirement to use the Demio at all... :D

But yes, it qualifies for both FWD and Lightweight cups and is one of the few cars available to you that does either.

In the North American game, at least, a glitch means that the Demio is the only prize car allowed to enter the Lightweight Battle Stage.

I could use the Demio in Lightweight stage, and i use European version

We know that all versions of the GT1 game can use the Demio for the light weight series of races, but Famine said that you didn't have to use the Demio at all. In the NA version there are four FF drive Cars that you can win as prize cars. Mazda speed Demio A-spec, Toyota Celica SS-II '95, Honda CRX EF-8 SiR '91, and the Honda Civic Type R.

The Honda CRX and the Toyota Celica SS-II are both won in the FF series so you can not use one of those two cars without having a FF car to race in the series. The Honda Civic Type R is won in the Lightweight series of races.

The Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex if you bought it would allow you to race it in the light weight series but in the NA version like SportsWagon said you can't use the prize version of the Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex to race in the NA version of the light weight series of races.

This leaves only one Light Weight, FF drive car that you can use to get one of the other FF cars for the FF races. The Mazda Demio A-Spec which you win in the Sunday Cup races. If one of the other versions of the GT1 game allows the Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex to race in the light weight races then what Famine said would be a true statement, but in the NA version my original statement would be true for the NA version of the game which is what I use.

Last edited:
In detail, the problem is the game does not measure cars statistics to determine eligibility for the Lightweight Battle Stage. Instead it has a fixed list of car codes for eligible entrants. The car code for the prize Trueno is different from the car code for the one you purchase, and the prize code was never added to the list (although the prize Demio is there).

Neither can you enter in the Lightweight Battle Stage the prizes you win from it! (Not of real relevance for this challenge...)

Last edited:
Indeed - and it appears to be no different in the PAL version.

🤬

Just nine more days to finish this challenge and submit your results. I have just the All-night 1 left to race and I will have completed the challenge. So how are you guys coming along with the challenge?

Back