Gran Turismo 2 DLC

• Thread starter Mateusz90
  • 31 comments
Poland
Poland
In December 1999 Gran Turismo 2 was released (January 2000 in Europe). What if we could get a DLC, that would include some cars, that were included only in PSX games? I was raised with GT2, I played thousands of hours using mostly cars listed below. Unfortunately all of them have never appeared in future games :( We had PS2, PS3, and now PS4, that offers such a beautiful graphic... I'm still waiting Kaz!

Do you agree with my dream DLC List?
2006-lotus-gt1-1.jpg
db7.jpg
espacef1.jpg
gt90.jpg
gtone.jpg
hks180sx.jpg
hksr33.jpg
m12.jpg
silhouette.jpg
w8.jpg
xjr15.jpg

And of course two tracks from GT2:

Thaiti Road
Red Rock Valley

I'm getting older and sentimental... :)

Last edited:
I'd love to have the GT-One already. Bit of a surprise it's not in there yet or that the R92CP beat it. The Nissan is a cool looking car and a GT4 favourite for many, but I'm not sure it has much significance outside of Japanese Sports Car racing, whereas the TS020 was one puncture away from winning Le Mans and holds much more significance in Japan and throughout the world. I'm sure it'll come in the next 6 months though.

Otherwise, I'd like to see another GT classic, The Escudo Pikes Peak. Would be great in a Pikes Peak Hillclimb combo. Those two Vectors would be very welcome though.

I still think GT2 has the best variety and lineup amongst all the Gran Turismo games. Some real oddballs, legendary road and racecars, and has the widest variety of tuner cars. Not to mention all the Racing Modifications which were based on real life race cars. Sadly licensing is a 🤬 Off the top of my head Vector doesn't even exist anymore so licensing the W8/M12 is impossible :(

I would love to see all the cars on this thread!
However, the gt90 wouldn’t be possible, and how would you get the license for Vector and Venturi nowadays?
We NEED Red Rock and Tahiti back! Red Rock would make an excellent race track, and I enjoy the rally in this game.
Oh, and Escudo too please.

TTM
I would love to see all the cars on this thread!
However, the gt90 wouldn’t be possible, and how would you get the license for Vector and Venturi nowadays?
We NEED Red Rock and Tahiti back! Red Rock would make an excellent race track, and I enjoy the rally in this game.
Oh, and Escudo too please.

I would think they could call the cars by other names, maybe put them under the GT dealership. Most people would know what they really are or would find out by us long time enthusiasts.

Bring back the Chrysler Concept Car (Prowler) from GT1, that was my go to car for years.

Honestly, Gran Turismo 2 maybe one of my all time Favourite Car lists of all time.

There are so many vehicles I am disappointed we never saw again after this game.. I would absolutely love to have them back.

Why’s that? AMC, Saab, Oldsmobile, etc etc appear in games.

As someone has said, those brands licensing rights are still held by another company. Vector is just gone. Technically PD could just put the cars in the game and no one would sue them, but if the company ever decides to be resurrected and the buyer sues, PD is gonna be in a lot of trouble.

As someone has said, those brands licensing rights are still held by another company. Vector is just gone. Technically PD could just put the cars in the game and no one would sue them, but if the company ever decides to be resurrected and the buyer sues, PD is gonna be in a lot of trouble.

You would think they could use them but rename them.

You would think they could use them but rename them.

Then PD would be even more of a joke than they are now with their VGTs. Can you imagine if we start seeing mobile game style look alike cars in GT? GTPlanet would explode :lol: Also, with the attention to detail PD has even though the car isn't branded Vector, they could still be sued for "likeness".

Yes!!!
The XJR15 is a fantastic looking car and the HKS R33 was the MVP money grinder for me - I kept running one oval Test Track race and it was an easy win.
All of the cars in this thread would make an awesome DLC.

For sure Espace F1, Syline R31 "silhouette", Lotus Elise GT1, Toyota GT1, the Muscle Cars.

And also the Racing Modification versions of the saloons, Supertouring style, from ones like Renault Laguna, Nissan Primera, Toyota Celica T230, Mitsubishi FTO, Honda Civic and so on, and finally separate FF from FR and MR cars in group 4 racing... :D

Two cars I'd love to show up in GT Sport:
Subaru 360 SS '69
hqdefault.jpg

Plymouth Muscle car '71 (I don't know why they didn't call it the Roadrunner)
hqdefault.jpg
latest
That could be due to copyright/licensing issues. The Dodge Copperhead was named the "Concept Car" in the first two games.

I think PD engages in enough self indulgent nostalgia as is. No need to include cars just because they were in other GT games.

Erm...these cars are all significant and unique enough on their own value and place in automobile history, even without the ties to GT2. They deserve a place in ANY racing game, let alone GT. Just look at Forza these days, their car list is more representative of the automotive encyclopedia than GTS and more true to the spirit of GT1-4. In any case, it beats having 50 variations of Skylines and Miatas.

Back